Eid in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eid in the UK

Looks like some are going to Eid tomorrow and some on Friday?

Leave Saudia, people didn't open their fast in the UK yet and already confirming about Eid for tomorrow? I mean seriously? :halo:

Re: Eid in the UK

we don't have to follow the royal family just because they live in in saudi

Comment

We celebrating in sha Allah on Friday
      So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
      William Shakespeare

Comment

We are celebrating on Friday too.

Comment

i wish muslims would be united and have eid on same day. I fed up people doing different days.

Comment

Thread moved to appropriate forum.
            Turn the table...
            Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhenghe View Post
              i wish muslims would be united and have eid on same day. I fed up people doing different days.
              There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating eid on different days. There is no islamic ruling about. And there are many other ways to show unity among Muslims besides this. Everyone going to same mosques would be a good start.
              kahoon kis se mein ye ja kar, meri qaum e bad-guloo ne
              mujhe qatl kar diya he, ba-gunah e khush nawaai
              - Josh

Comment

Insaan ko kuch bhi kehne se pehle jaanch-partaal ker leni chahiyeey... Islam is best and only a complete religion which highlights each and every part of life... celebrating Eid without Shahadats of sighting of moon is haraam and gunaah...

"Do not fast unless you sight the crescent, and do not break your fast till you sight the (following) crescent.” (Al-Bukhari, Vol. 3:130).

and if you celebrate Eid a day before or after, then definitely you are denying ALLAH's order and performing a sin... on the other hand we need 2 or more than 2 SHAHADATs of sighting of moon from a trustworthy/reliable sources...

In Pakistan.. it was firsted started that people were celebrating Eid without the moon sighting.. and now is spreading around the world... why are we going to the wrong direction for just 1 day ??

May ALLAH bless us all and help us understanding and obeying Islamic rules...(Amen)

Comment

If mosques and people stopped following Saudi, and went by actual sighting or even just the scientific possibility of a sighting, then we would have unity.

Moonsighting.com clears up any confusion.

Moonsighting for Shawwal 1434
                  (scroll down for all the 'not seens')
                  OMG Paki!

Comment

^Just checked that link

• UK:
                      1. Not Seen: Mohammad Ali Javed (MCW member) from Luton, Bedfordshire reported: Mohammad Ali Javed (MCW Member) from Luton, Bedfordshire, UK reported: Moon has NOT been sighted in the UK, Morocco and South Africa. We will complete 30 days Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated on Friday 9th August 2013.
                        Markazi Jamaat e Ahle Sunnah UK has announced that Eid will be on 9th August.
                      2. Not Seen: Qamar Uddin (MCW member) from York reported: On Wednesday 7 August 2013 (29 Ramadan 1434 AH) many people from throughout the UK have attempted to sight the crescent moon (Hilal) of Shawwal after sunset. None of the groups were able to sight the Hilal even though many places had clear sky conditions.
                        We have not received any reliable sighting report (Muhaqaq-Ruyat-Basari) from east of the UK/Morocco either. Both the Jamiat-e-Ulama South Africa and Morocco Awqaf Ministry have reported negative sightings.
                        Therefore, the Wifaqul Ulama have decided that the month of Ramadan 1434 AH will complete 30-days and the month of Shawwal (Eid-ul Fitr) 1434 AH will start from Friday 9 August 2013, Insha-Allah.
                      3. Not Seen: Juned Patel (MCW member) from Bolton Lancshire reported: On Wednesday 07 August 2013 (29 Ramadan 1434 AH) between 20:30 & 21:20 GMT (Local Sunset Time was 20:54 & Moon Set Time was 20:33) from High Location near Bolton, we attempted to sight the crescent moon (Hilal) of Shawwal with group of Seven people. None of us were able to sight the Hilal, even though the condition of the sky was clear.

Comment

We followed London Islamic Centre - therefore Eid today.

Eid mubarak whenever you celebrate

Comment

It annoys the hell out of me when people celebrate on different days in the same blooming country!

Maybe government intervention is required/....
                        I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Comment

Working...
                        X