X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the world's BIGGEST Qur'aan...weighs 800 kg

salaam,

wow! the world's
    BIGGEST Qur'aan is here...it weighs a hefty 800 kg. the print is decorated with silver N gold. i dunno how much it cost. it's in Russia.

here is the video. ENJOY!
    _______KKF

Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Re: the world's BIGGEST Qur'aan...weighs 800 kg

Trust them Russians to go over the top... they always have the biggest stuff...

The biggest planes, the biggest tanks the biggest.... anyway.

Allah ka shukkar they now have a really big Quran insha Allah what a joy it would be if they could all learn from it too
    Everyone knows "Jaws" was Chuck Norris's Goldfish, but not many folk know that "Godzilla" was Faris Udeen's pet Iguana.

Comment

so what's the point of creating it?
      zillat ki gehraiyoon mein girtey howe paanch soo saal sey zaida arsa ho chuka howa hia ..
      I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

mashAllah & SubhaanAllah
        So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
        William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by firenze View Post
          zillat ki gehraiyoon mein girtey howe paanch soo saal sey zaida arsa ho chuka howa hia ..
          why cant we just praise it.... why we always need to think negative.........whatever........... its a Good thing they did, it should be praised........!!!
          So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
          William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by Faris Udeen View Post
            Trust them Russians to go over the top... they always have the biggest stuff...

The biggest planes, the biggest tanks the biggest.... anyway.

Allah ka shukkar they now have a really big Quran insha Allah what a joy it would be if they could all learn from it too
            yeah, true! vaise, iimaan to naseeb hotaa hai hidaayat se aur hidaayat ke liye insaan meN uskii talab honaa zaroorii hai

Originally posted by firenze View Post
            let's be positive...zillat kaa matlab yeh nahiiN k ham aur pastii meN chale jaayeN...we should appreciate positive and good things...Allah ham sab ko hidaayat de...aameen

Originally posted by queen_24 View Post
            mashAllah & SubhaanAllah
            Allaho Akbar
            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by queen_24 View Post
              why cant we just praise it.... why we always need to think negative.........whatever........... its a Good thing they did, it should be praised........!!!

not to be negative but what good do you see coming from it?

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
                y
                let's be positive...zillat kaa matlab yeh nahiiN k ham aur pastii meN chale jaayeN...we should appreciate positive and good things...Allah ham sab ko hidaayat de...aameen
                like what?
                I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

MashAllah
                  I didn't ask to be a princess, but hey if the crown fits!

Comment

I think the idea of 'so what' comes from the fact that, in our religion we're taught that ALLAH doesn't really care how big the Mosques are or how expensive a Quran is because, it's more about the Deen within oneself which should be enhanced not objects/buildings/etc.

But for showing purposes, this is really cool!

Comment

like what?
                      like the fact the Russians have made the Koran as a gift to the Muslims in thier country... now whats your problem yaar why have you got ants in your pants?

Either the Russians or the Muslims or the holy book has obviously got under your skin... please if you are hurt by people coming together then take a rest and stop bringing such negativity to our happy forum.
                      Everyone knows "Jaws" was Chuck Norris's Goldfish, but not many folk know that "Godzilla" was Faris Udeen's pet Iguana.

Comment

I think the idea of 'so what' comes from the fact that, in our religion we're taught that ALLAH doesn't really care how big the Mosques are or how expensive a Quran is because, it's more about the Deen within oneself which should be enhanced not objects/buildings/etc.

But for showing purposes, this is really cool!
                        Offcourse and this is a gesture by non Muslim Russians and Italians (the Italians actually made it) and its a gift to the people of the Tartarstan republic so it should be taken for what it is. What a splendid gift and I think as Muslims we should be gratefull and my Tartar cousins should actually repay the favour in some way too.

Its good to see bridges being made even in this period when everyone seems to be picking on Muslims. I gotta salute this Russian gesture for its real Jawan Mardi on the part of the Kremlin.

Comment

I suggest they sell it to the Saudis and use the money to feed the impoverished and needy of Tartarstan.

Comment

Ya I just read that it was gift and truly a beautiful & thoughtful gift. I agree Faris, this is a great way to build bridges, and I hope the Muslims use this to enhance their relationship with non-Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Faris Udeen View Post
                              like the fact the Russians have made the Koran as a gift to the Muslims in thier country... now whats your problem yaar why have you got ants in your pants?

Either the Russians or the Muslims or the holy book has obviously got under your skin... please if you are hurt by people coming together then take a rest and stop bringing such negativity to our happy forum.
                              first, it wasn't made by Russian as a gift, it was made by Russian Muslims for well bunch of them are free as they can't take part in chehniyaan jihad if you call it jihad .. so they spend energies on creating the world biggest Quran.

I would rather support the creation of such extravagant Quran, if all the Muslims were having access to education, health & life without bomb blasts. I would definitely support them, but given the circumstances and a **edited** the whole Muslims Ummah is calls for restraint on spending energy, time & money which have no use for any forsaken hungry child or a blown out person at a hospital bed or a scientist who have no resources to carry on his research.

This reminds me Fall of Baghdad when Mullahs were busy talking about if "kawaa haraam hai k Halal" and our Aba jaan the Hulagu Khan made "minaarats" with skulls for our forefathers.
                              Last edited by Gaia; Nov 18, 2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: no profanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X