3 Year Old Falls from Sixth Floor Balcony in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Year Old Falls from Sixth Floor Balcony in Toronto

I was woken up by this piece of news on the radio this morning.....

ctvtoronto.ca
    Date: Thu. Nov. 17 2011 10:28 AM ET
    Toronto police are investigating after a three-year-old girl was injured after tumbling from a sixth-storey balcony in Toronto's east end.

Toronto police said on Thursday the child was found in critical condition after falling to the ground outside an apartment building on Midland Avenue, north of Eglinton Avenue East, at about 4:30 a.m.

Emergency responders said the child suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Sick Kids Hospital in critical condition, where she underwent emergency surgery.

Police later took the child's 24-year-old mother into custody after she barricaded herself in the apartment after the incident.

Const. Tony Vella said they were still trying to determine what led to the girl falling from the balcony.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...#ixzz1dyu7PXwv

Now I can't get the poor thing out of my mind.
    I've tried a number of distraction tactics.....I'm even in training all day but I am unable to focus.....

Re: 3 Year Old Falls from Sixth Floor Balcony in Toronto

yeah heard the news while driving to work. Horrible news. kid is in critical going through surgery I m posting this.

AM680 was reporting that neighbors (told police that they) heard shouting/fighting noises last night from the Apt b/w man and woman. Police has taken woman into custody.

I can't thank enough my wife for being over protective when we were in Condo (18th Floor). Sometimes I felt so annoyed of her being over protective but that's one thing where she never listened to me.
    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

God be with her.

I never leave my kids alone upstairs even though all the windows are always locked.
      I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

Sad God Bless The Kid !!

Comment

I want to know what a 3 year old was doing on a balcony at 4:30 am!!!!!

Comment

it's sad story in deed. May Allah give the child a speedy recovery. aameen...poor innocent kid has to go thru pain and suffering because of these types of unfit parents. the guilty must be charged and punished according to the law. i wish it never happened.
            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

May allah give her shafaa soon. Aameen.
              People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Working...
              X