Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Middle-age Image

"Mom, dad you embarrassed me in front of my friends.'

Most of us would have encountered this statement either uttered by us at some ignorant stage of teenage or seen somebody else tell their parents so.

When should a person start looking/acting their age? When sophistication, and decency matters more than following the latest fashion trend. We really admire women or men who look way younger than their age or dress up very glamorously even in their 40s. Would you or did you cringe if your parents ever dressed a bit loud for their age?

Do you have a certain 'image' that you think should be adopted to make an elegant and decent transition to middle age?
    Train this chaos, turn it into light . . .

Re: The Middle-age Image

Originally posted by Enigmatic View Post
    "Mom, dad you embarrassed me in front of my friends.'

Most of us would have encountered this statement either uttered by us at some ignorant stage of teenage or seen somebody else tell their parents so.

When should a person start looking/acting their age? When sophistication, and decency matters more than following the latest fashion trend. We really admire women or men who look way younger than their age or dress up very glamorously even in their 40s. Would you or did you cringe if your parents ever dressed a bit loud for their age?

Do you have a certain 'image' that you think should be adopted to make an elegant and decent transition to middle age?

You seem to be incredibly ill informed about the concept of age, 40 is the beginning of real youth.

If you don't agree with me ask Mirch. Soon you will regret your words because by the time this thread comes to its logical end you and me will be

hitting the age you called "middle"
    How Am I Posting
    1-800-GoraKala

Comment

Originally posted by Gora Kala View Post
      You seem to be incredibly ill informed about the concept of age, 40 is the beginning of real youth.
      I'd say the same when I'm 40+. "oh it's just the beginning of my real youth".
      I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

40 is the new 30.

Comment

If you don't agree with me ask Mirch. Soon you will regret your words because by the time this thread comes to its logical end you and me will be

hitting the age you called "middle"
          LOL ...I would definitely have a huge problem if my mom (whom I have always seen talking decently and not using slur and also dressed up very decently) comes up in a bright red flowery top with capris. Yes I would want to run away from her. It's not about a certain age being the beginning of the youth.

Yes 35-40ish is literally middle age because we know the average life expectancy is about 60-70. It's not about 18 till I die. It's true 'dil jawaan honda chayeeda, umraan vich ki rakhya'..but one should act their age and create a good example for their kids. Keeping philosophy and the intricate matters of the human mind out of this :halo:

Comment

Originally posted by hareem01 View Post
            I'd say the same when I'm 40+. "oh it's just the beginning of my real youth".

I am sure you would if you ever admit you are 40.

It takes ages for a girl to reach 40, and I mean ages................lol
            How Am I Posting
            1-800-GoraKala

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi ki Botal View Post
              40 is the new 30.
              people like pepsi.....Not without a reason
              How Am I Posting
              1-800-GoraKala

Comment

I am sure you would if you ever admit you are 40.

It takes ages for a girl to reach 40, and I mean ages................lol
                Actually, I'm 43.

Comment

good question.....some folks might learn something.
                  kind of like my 20 year old niece telling me that anyone still calling their friends by slurs/slang when they are past their teens is embarrassing......

and yes....I do believe that "image" has more to do than just how you dress.

Comment

Actually, I'm 43.

Inconsistency is often revealed on the pages of social networks.

Jhot kay paon nahee hotey, Yahan say sirf LR tak....
                    How Am I Posting
                    1-800-GoraKala

Comment

I have a cousin (35) with two teenage daughters (15, 16)...and for the past few years she has started to dress up more "loudly"... and then she behaves like a teenager too. lol

I don't know how her daughters react to that (I think the eldest doesn't like it) but it definitely felt odd...but now we're all getting used to of her new persona.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post
                        good question.....some folks might learn something.
                        kind of like my 20 year old niece telling me that anyone still calling their friends by slurs/slang when they are past their teens is embarrassing......

and yes....I do believe that "image" has more to do than just how you dress.
                        Your image is a reflection of your manners, your age is a guide to champion those manners and your dress is flag bearer of your personality.
                        How Am I Posting
                        1-800-GoraKala

Comment

Inconsistency is often revealed on the pages of social networks.

Jhot kay paon nahee hotey, Yahan say sirf LR tak....
                          I feared aging few years ago but now I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I feared aging few years ago but now I'm looking forward to it.

It is wise to look forward for wisdom
                            How Am I Posting
                            1-800-GoraKala

Comment

aging isnt bad I think. If done in a nice manner it's a time of personal contentment and satisfaction IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X