Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wats with the issue of Mirpuries in UK??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wats with the issue of Mirpuries in UK??

I am in pakistan.......but i keep hearing all these stories about specific subset called mirpuries...

there are all sorts of negative association of them with unemployment, cousin marriages, abuse of women, crime, ec etc...

and an impression that they are not liked by rest of the desi community...

i just want to know..what the whole issue is about...since i have no idea whatsoever...

thank you...

Disclaimer: nothing personal against them..........just saying what i heard....i don't know..so those are not my opinions..mere questions.
    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Re: wats with the issue of Mirpuries in UK??

In certain parts of the UK such as Bradford benefit fruad/ crash for cash scams are rife in certain sections of the mipuri community. Most Pakistanis get tarred with the same brush, hence their unrest towards certain sections of the mipuri community.

Comment

Here we go again
      There's good and bad everywhere, yes there may be unemployed Mirpuris out there, but i dont know one, yes there may be cousin marriages but that happens around pakistan too, abuse of women happens everywhere too, hey don't forget about the poor men, they get abused too u know and lastly crime, i bet u can guess wat im gonna say next..... crime is everywhere too, its not just the Mirpuris who are criminals.
      i would like to know what the issue is about aswell, i keep coming across threads like this one and would like to know who is saying things about us Mirpuris. frankly speaking the Mirpuris i know are hard working, honest, giving and friendly, yes a minority of them may be otherwise but the majority are pleasant.
      watcha looking at?

Comment

I think it was some tv show that was discussing this issue when I first realised this was even an issue. But can't remember what exactly the issue was. Yeah you can tell I'm clueless. So what exactly is the dealio?
        GS - It's all about enjoying the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Comment

but isnt it wrong to tar a whole community with the same brush?
          watcha looking at?

Comment

I have never heard of this
            Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

^It's a very UK specific thing..
              Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Mirpuris are not liked even in Pakistan too

No Offence to anyone Though

Comment

Originally posted by mehr View Post
                  lol

bass ji Mirpuris badnaam hain.

Th most hated communities in UK is gypsy community.
                  I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by mehr View Post
                    It's really not that different to how a lot of desis look at black ppl tho, is it (in terms of social class, crime etc)? Not saying right or wrong..
                    Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Never heard of Mirpuris. But looks like the herd mentality is alive and well.
                      Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

I don't judge people, but I do see some trends ... mirpuris are quite a large community in the UK ... where other groups such as lahories, pindis, faisalabadies, sindhis, kashmiris and so on are quite small and are intermixed. What happens is that despite their large size they are still quite insular and the others are not they can't afford to be. By being insular I mean they deal with their own, and are unable to adjust their behaviour and attitude which is palatable to a wider audience.

However due to the blessing of my tariqah (Islamic spiritual path) I meet and form brotherly bonds with many mirpuris because for them like me the brotherhood is more important than the towns or villages we may have come from.

Just like other insular communities the members will uphold some sort of "law" with each other, but with others will be less inclined to uphold the same "values" and hence they get a bad reputation. By percentage I admit that every community has their black sheep, but because there are a higher overall number of mirpuris then the amount of dodgy activities done by mirpuris seems to be much higher. There may be a tendancy to do more dodgy things than the other communities because they are less "concerned" with what others may think due to their large numbers and also they are more inclined to "compete" with one another in how "dodgy" they can be to cheat the system.

Apart from my close brothers in tariqah most of whom are highly qualified professionals and do not need to resort to those things any way and their value system prevents such any way, whenever I speak to mirpuris they always talk about "money". One "uncle" who runs a masjid I know always asks me "where are you living?", "Is it your own house?" and one time he even asked me "how much do you earn?" and his sons who are older than me with their own families don't batter an eyelid ... It is as if they are used to these questions being asked from others all the time.
                        The Prophet(SAW) said:
                        "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Are Mirpuris and Potoharis (People from around Rawalpindi) viewed as one group?

Comment

The issue with Mirpuries? They're scum for the most part.

Comment

I only know two mirpuris and they come from really good and respectable families. And one is doing her LLM and the other is doing her PhD MashaAllah. I think its ignorant to assume everyone is the same. Every group has their good and bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X