Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It irks me to no end...

... when (fill in the blanks).

It irks me to no end when I see pregnant women smoking tens of cigarettes daily. Like... why would you do that?!?!!
    GS - It's all about enjoying the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Re: It irks me to no end...

It irks me to no end when someone calls their upper lip...upper lips.

You can only have ONE upper lip. Just one.
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

To see you on GS
      ''Bohat nazuk surat-e-haal hai''

Check out whats going on in hangout forums. Click to Visit

See whats up in Rendezvous. Click to visit

Head on in to Entertainment. Click to Visit

What are the good folks in Society up to? Click to Visit

What's life without culture? Click to Visit

How is your lifestyle? Click to Visit

Interested in technology and science? Click to Visit

Have feedback or issue on GS to share? Click to Visit

Comment

^ And you always will

It irks me to no end when people abuse certain words e.g. literally. "I literally cried my brains out". How do you literally cry your brains out?!
        GS - It's all about enjoying the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Comment

It irks me to no end when girls do NOT propose to shareef laRke
          Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
          16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Shareef + Larkay = Oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieCue View Post
              Shareef + Larkay = Oxymoron
              ok ok...so, you think the reverse can be true?
              Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
              16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

It irks me when people write like this:-

Hi HoW aRe YoU? or
                I iz de best init brooo
                I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Comment

It irks me when people say "dear".....especically a fobby "dear"....which is repeated more often...and applied liberally with strangers. "Hello dears. I am having very much problems. What to do? Please advise me dears how I can solve. Thanks dears." You can receive help even without that term of endearment...you need not try to soften people up for that.

And some nicks/avatars annoy me...the ones that make 20/30-year-old something women seem like they're still naive 'lil paris....and they have a posting style to match too. (that's even more annoying). There I said it!!!!!!
                  Last edited by redvelvet; Nov 15, 2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

It irks me when people say things like

'Your hair are fine'
                    'Your hairs are so beautiful'
                    'My hair look weird'

Basically, either treating 'hair' as a plural word or referring to their hair as 'hairs'. I see this being done so often.
                    Isn't it pretty to think so?

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                      It irks me when people say "dear".....especically a fobby "dear"....which is repeated more often...and applied liberally with strangers. "Hello dears. I am having very much problems. What do do? Please advise me dears how I can solve. Thanks dears." You can receive help even without that term of endearment...you need not try to soften people up for that.

And some nicks/avatars annoy me...the ones that make 20/30 something women seem like they're still naive 'lil paris....and they have a posting style to match too. (that's even more annoying). There I said it!!!!!!
                      So, dear, hows yous?

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                        It irks me when people say "dear".....especically a fobby "dear"....which is repeated more often...and applied liberally with strangers. "Hello dears. I am having very much problems. What do do? Please advise me dears how I can solve. Thanks dears." You can receive help even without that term of endearment...you need not try to soften people up for that.
                        The Chinese do that a lot as well.. I don't mind it tho..
                        Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Originally posted by Deeba1234 View Post
                          The Chinese do that a lot as well.. I don't mind it tho..
                          Yeah...but I've seen it more often in desis. And it can sound real granny/aunty/ like...and this will sound mean/shallow...but accent plays a role. I see it on here as well...often in the Fashion forum. I just don't get it. You could just say "dear" once. But several times....and with virtual strangers....what's the point? Is it the thought that being "nice" like that will soften people up in giving advice? I dunno..it's not necessary. And this may sound even meaner...but I hope that people who do this will come across the post and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO1 View Post
                            So, dear, hows yous?
                            Fine dearie. How you doin?

Comment

(I said it in a very posh British accent). I'm great, thanks.

So, it's quite clear, that you don't like to be called dear. I think its your inner fear of desi fobs checking your rear. However, you could throw a spear, in the hope it shall bring them a tear to their eyes and wallah sit down here and have a bear with some random queer. My lovely dear.

Ok, I am bored and should be asleep as I have tons of work. :s

Comment

Working...
                              X