11-11-11 Lest We Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11-11-11 Lest We Forget

So how many of you observe Remembrance Day?

remembrance-day-poppy1.jpg
    Look at your signature, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back to mine. Sadly, your signature isnít mine.

Re: 11-11-11 Lest We Forget

I do think of the (innocent) people who lost their lives in wars or for any reason (may ALLAH (SWT) fogive their sins and may they rest in peace), but not specific on this day.

Comment

I always do try to remember the pain war causes veterans and innocent lives. My mom was a doctor for VA for longtime, and it was painful to hear stories of veterans who were drafted into war, and didn't know why exactly they were fighting this war :/. Even now soldiers are coming back from Afghan, not knowing exactly why innocent lives were lost. What was the cause, why did we start this war? Because of a mistake of a past president these soldiers will forever have a memory implanted in their minds, and will go through all sorts of psychological problems.

And of course the families of innocent victims :/

Comment

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
        Between the crosses, row on row,
        That mark our place; and in the sky
        The larks, still bravely singing, fly
        Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
        We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
        Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
        To you from failing hands we throw
        The torch; be yours to hold it high.
        If ye break faith with us who die
        We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

~ Lt. Col. John McCrae
        You can't buy happiness, but you can buy shoes and that's kinda the same thing...

Comment

Its great to see atleast some of us have their head screwed on right.
          Obviously I'm not one of the sane ones but yeah, I approve!

I'm rocking the Poppy today.
          Y'all should do it too.
          Look at your signature, now back to mine, now back at yours, now back to mine. Sadly, your signature isnít mine.

Comment

We lost many of our own Shaheed in the two world wars... either directly or as consequences of those wars.

Even if your family did not have servicemen in the army the war still affected you, the spanish flu, the famines in Sub continent and the revolts and clashes were all results of the wars.

Sad that people have forgotten those lessons, technically speaking if the victors of the first world war had been wise we would have much less violence in todays world.

Alas wear your poppy with pride.
            Everyone knows "Jaws" was Chuck Norris's Goldfish, but not many folk know that "Godzilla" was Faris Udeen's pet Iguana.

Comment

'The Great War for Civilisation' as it was/is called really did lead to a lot of violence (Directly and indirectly).
              We are still suffering with the repercussions infact.
              I'm not going to hijack my own thread here, I think we had a hearty discussion in the History Forum.

Our family had very deep connections with the military.
              So on days like this, I always pay my respects.
              And even if I didn't, I would still contemplate the effects of such conflicts.

Comment

I wore my poppy...didn't observe the silence properly tho, cos I was in a uni tutorial.

Comment

My 30 nittle specials sat in silence for 2 mins and then screamed for the rest of the day!

I actually get sick of the poppys, the kids always lose them, get another one (cos I've had to pay for it to stop them crying) and then lose it again

Now we're selling Pudsey wrist bands for Children in Need. ARGH!
                  OMG Paki!

Comment

the cazy thing is that History will be repeated in future. Mark my words.

Comment

Working...
                    X