Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy new year??

Assallaamu alaikum,

kya haal chaal hain sab keh? Pehli marthaba mai yahan aiya houn, aur mene socha apna tarraf kar loun. Ameed hai sab logh Allah keh Fazal sai khariat sai hon gai.

Sunyeh, aik sawaal pouchna cha raha tha. There seems to be 'Happy new year' plastered on various walls of this web site, and i also see some Muslims exchanging greetings for the new year, but such a celebration or event is not Islamic, but Christian and Pagan. So why do some Muslims participate in this? Besides, the Islamic new year begins in Moharram.

... anyhow, i was just wondering.

Acha, phir mai chaltha houn. yahan ithni sardi hai, keh meri kulfi jam gae hai !

Sab apna khyaal rakyai gah

Uh oh! lagtha hai, mene koi zyada hee sensative sawaal poucha hai !

Comment

Hello,

If you check the access statistics, our visitors come from over 125 countries of the world. This is just a warm welcome. Majority here do not 'celebrate' more than wishing 'happy new year'.

Regards.

Comment

HI
        it is not a bad idea to celebrate the happiness of others. There are all kinds of people in the world with different religions and when they can accept Muslims and our celebration then it is no harm to be a part of others. Just a way of coming together and being happy.

Comment

Miss Affifa

Salam masnoon.
          Just to clearify that It is not allowed in
          Islam to immitate Non Muslims. There is a
          good hadith on this issue. Meaning more or
          less is "Whoever immitates any nation, is
          form them."

If we look at the life of our beloved
          Rasul-ullah(SAW), he always advised his
          companions not to follow or even immitate
          Jews and Christines.

Comment

This topic is further addressed in the 'Meeting New People' section of this forrum, under the Topic 'Why Do Some Muslims Freak Out Over New Year?? '

Comment

Assalam-u-Alaikum!
              When we greet non muslims by saying "Hi", "Hello". So saying "Happy New Year" is another way of greeting some one. I do not see anything wrong with it.

Comment

Assalam-u-Alaikum!
                When we greet non muslims by saying "Hi", "Hello". So saying "Happy New Year" is another way of greeting some one. I do not see anything wrong with it.

Comment

dearest qasim,

stop speaking english because in this way you are immitating non-muslims!

..... and i'll wait up in the darl for you to speak to me..... and i'll open up... release me.
                  - black jewels of insignificance
                  [email protected]
                  http://something.someone.somewhere.net

Comment

Working...
                  X