No announcement yet.

I tried For Do Some thing to Bring Pakistani's From All Over The World together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried For Do Some thing to Bring Pakistani's From All Over The World together

Hello Everybody,
    Its a very long time since I last visited gupshup. Well People for last three or four weeks I have Been developing A search engine for Pakistani Web Surfers. It was a difficult Task but i did. As every thing ws going smoothly,but at the end of the project i faced a problem well it was a big PUNCH(Which Really Had Me). It was that The Name Which I Used and made all the entries was Pak Web And At the end i foung it was taken . I was going to name the search engine As "PAK WEB". And I wanted to dedicate this search engine to you people. I tried to gather every body in a same place. Well Here I am For some Moral Help. I want some new ideas and a new name. Coz PAK WEB is aready taken.Well it is not my fault coz i checked it from a domain registeration service and it was free....
    So now People I need Some Moral Help ANd Some new Ideas Coz I have worked day and night for this project. Even I left my bba For this. :-(
    So....... Any Friend Wanna Help A Man With A dream.
    Well Everybody is Welcomed for opinions.
    I will wait for your reply........

[This message has been edited by Umar (edited December 28, 1998).]

[This message has been edited by Umar (edited December 28, 1998).]

Umar,

I feel your "dard". I too am trying to do something for Pakistan. It is an internet email petition page. My first petition is going to be about Kashmir and when I get time I want to add other problems such as education, healthcare, civil rights....It is definately a labor of love trying to do something to make a positive change.

Don't lose heart brother!!!

There are plenty of names out there. Below are a just a few that I have verified with Internic to be available.

paktalash.com
    pakfind.com
    dundo.com

I didn't check any .net or .org

Do you have an IP address or anything where I can check it out?

--ladlaone

Comment

PakSearch.com is kinda catchy.

Later on
      Zman

Comment

Assala-o-Alaicum

paksearch.com is taken by someone in
        Karachi, Pakistan.

You can try paksearch.net or .org. Hurry and
        grab one before someone take it. They say
        every day 200,000 names are being taken.

Wish you good luck

Comment

How about :
          1. PakYahoo.com
          2. PakCrawler.com
          3. PakLycos.com
          4. PakHotBot.com
          5. PakSeekers.com
          6. PakFinders.com
          7. PakJetFind.com
          8. PakiSearch.com
          9. FindPakis.com
          10. PakiSurf.com

Hope this helps
          Later on
          Zman

Comment

Hello people,
            Thanx For Replies.
            Ladlaone it is good to hear about you that your also trying some thing for the Pakistanis on the net. Well zman,abrar thanx for the names.Well i'll thing about them.
            But the name i wanted was PAKWEb! coz it was the complete discription of the search site. It had linlkks of pakistani sites, and half of the search pages were of web(general Search). Well i wanted to make a home page for the pakistani community which had almost every thing for there daily usage of web.i.e a smae page from which you could check for hotmail,yahoo,rocket mail,nightmail,usa.net etc
            and it had almost 20 categories of search engines from the net. And Whereas almost 40+ categories for the web Search except the pak links.ANd total estimated disk usage of the web engine was almost 38 mbs.And you could know how much time and work was done to develop that.
            SO PAKWEB! was the best for it.
            Well thanx i will think about it and i will discuss the names for the search engine.
            See ya People
            Byeee

Comment

Usually what people do is that they look up for the name first before starting their project, like u did, they register it and everything with the search engines and leave in under construction till you finish the whole thing & then attach it to the web. Anyhow whats gone is gone, everyone makes mistakes. I like the name "paksearch.org" i bet that hasnt been taken' by anyone try catchin it before that one is chosen by someone else.

------------------
              Visit Dhamaka's Website @ http://www.maxpages.com/said

Comment

You can register a name and then if you decide you don't want it you can delete the registration request or just not pay for it. The Internic will allows you 30 days before paying for the domain.

Actually, if you don't pay they will send you about three letters politely asking for payment over a few months time. If you don't pay by the third letter they will stop asking for money and I guess queue your registration for deletion. They sometimes take months before deleting unpaid entries.

--ladlaone

Comment

Working...
                X