Self-improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-improvement

Self-improvement is something that we all need to do at some stage in our lives. Unfortunately we can't see our own faults and therein lies the problem. I was going to make this thread about pointing out faults of others as a means to help them (and they in terms would do the same for me of course) but then I realised that they might get upset. And so might I.

For example, if I said that Pilot25 should spend less time waggling his joystick and go to a football match instead, how would that sound? And would it be taken in the right spirit? Possibly not so it is not a good idea. Therefore my own bit of self-improvement is to be more considerate of others.

Pilot, you keep waggling, football tickets are over-priced anyway

Now , what about everyone else? How would you improve yourselves?

OK, lemme be the first!

I need to control my ghusa, I get pissed off quick http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hehe.gif and people tell me I'm REALLY impatient, ermm, what else? Nuh, I think that's about it....

ghusa and impatience

(ps: I forgot to add, I'm pathan so the above character traits aren't really my fault.....what can I do, it's in the blood )

[This message has been edited by farhana (edited June 27, 2001).]

Comment

Sorry, but I 'm not going for this bait...

Comment

You just did charva - in the Ginger B****** thread

Comment

I have a really bad attitude. I snap at people for no reason and I get angry veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy quickly!!
          If I do notice myself gettin pissed off...I try to think before I speak..you know choose my words and tone wisely

Also, I can never stick to my exercise plan. If I lift weights one day..I won't do it for another 2 weeks

------------------
          "Labaik, Allahumma Labaik, Labaik La Sharika Laka Labaik, Innal Hamda Wa N'amata Laka Wal Mulk, La Sharika Lak." "Here I am at your service, O Allah, here I am. Here I am at your service and no partners do you have. Verily All Praise and All Bounty belong to you, and Yours alone is The Sovereignty. No partners do you have."
          22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

To improve yourself you should know yourself better first. What i do is watch myself and make a list of things to improve. Besides that i ask people around me for genuine input.

In my case reading more and more on the subject of human sciences helped. Reading self help books, emails and websites also helped. Attending discussion sessions and seminars is a workable idea too.

I have improved several habits, whether its listening skills or gaining confidence or time management or even being a relaxed happy person. In short i have changed a lot in past 3 years

These days i am trying to cut down on word "like" while conversating with others, because one of my friend told me that's it's annoying sometimes and i did noticed this habit too.

Comment

Originally posted by farhana:
              OK, lemme be the first!

I need to control my ghusa, I get pissed off quick http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hehe.gif and people tell me I'm REALLY impatient, ermm, what else? Nuh, I think that's about it....

ghusa and impatience

(ps: I forgot to add, I'm pathan so the above character traits aren't really my fault.....what can I do, it's in the blood )

[This message has been edited by farhana (edited June 27, 2001).]
              I get angry very quick too. Is it because of my forefathers? I don't know. I have Pathan background some generations back, as well.

------------------
              Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
              The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Originally posted by Umer:
                I get angry very quick too. Is it because of my forefathers? I don't know. I have Pathan background some generations back, as well.

too right!!
                Blame it on your ancestors!!!

Comment

Working...
                X