Jokes for Mature People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jokes for Mature People

I just noticed that the Rated R Jokes' forum isnt there anymore!!! WHY?!
    Those jokes were soo funny and they had a warning also so why was it removed?!

Censorship!!! Please say it ain't so!!!!!!!

Comment

X-rated material?

Comment

jokes for mature people......

hehe! actually the people got too mature!

...and i'll wait up in the dark for you to speak to me, and i'll open up ... release me!
        - black jewels of insignifcance

Comment

Dear shiraarty: I hope you or whoever the moderator for "Mature Jokes" will extend us some courtousy and give us some reasons for this censorship. Otherwise I am going start protesting Under the freedom of speech law. Rubiya Jee what your legal opinion on this.

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

Everytime I visit TOPP, some forum has been discontinued. First the Political forums went and now the R rated jokes forum has been discontinued. I believe that there must have been alot of discussion by the moderators before making this decision, but decisions like these usually backfire. The success of TOPP was in its liberated views and open discussions. By doing "self-censorship", the powers-to-be are just digging their own graves. I'm sorry, but from now, you have to count me out too. Bye to everyone. TOPP has gone to the BOTTOM...

[This message has been edited by zeeman (edited December 13, 1998).]

Comment

Dear Rubiya

Ahem . .just a quick question. . .if TOPP is a pivate organization and no constitutional rights apply then why the notice for Moderator to appear with counsel?

As far as explanation is concerned. . .

TOPP made a decision, as we have done on numerous occassions in the past, that will prove to be rather unpopular with the current membership. Unfortunately these decisions need to be made and the circumstances need to be endured. Both by the membership and the organization itself. Consider it the lesser of two evils.

One thing to keep in mind. . .no decision to delete or restrict a section is made on a whim. There is usually some event or some one that prompts such a reaction from the management. In the case of the R-Rated Jokes Forum, a member had taken the liberty of posting nude pics that the Board of Directors did not find suitable. Come what may folks, whatever the Admin or Moderators may feel to be appropriate or not, funding rests in the hands of our sponsor and Directorial Board. For further explanation on this see the "looking for Admin" post in the Guestbook where Azkar has clearly explained what happened.

Thankfully our strategies with regard to censorship, limitations and privileges have given us the high calibre of readership and membership that we enjoy today. You are a prime example. Suffice it to say that we do not regret any decisions made in the past nor do we feel that any have "backfired".

[This message has been edited by Muzna (edited December 13, 1998).]

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

Dear Muzna: Thanks for the explanation! However I just feel that because of few apple you don't punish the entire group! One possible solution would have been a canceling those people membership away from this forum. Well that just my opinion!

T.T.F.N

Comment

Dilwale saheb. . .

I understand your dismay at the fact that the lot have to be punished for the mischief of one or two. ..but frankly cancelling somebody's membership and/or deleting their posts becomes a huge admin task that requires more and more time and effort -- something we are already in dire need of. We have done that in the past and will continue to use it as an option in the future.

And do remember. . . change in it's very basic definition means just that -- change. Just as the anarchy and jokes forums disappeared. .. they may reappear.

Thank you for your understanding, co-operation and support.

Muzna.
                        p.s. For some reason I can't help but smile everytime I read or write your nick . . .giggles.....

Aur Rubiya jee. . .

I know you were joking.

Comment

Muzna,
                          Thanx for the explanation!!
                          But the Admin really should put up an explanation rite off the bat instead of making us wonder what we did wrong!!!!!

I'm glad you took off the section if there were nude pix on them!! that is one site i DO NOT wanna see....

Comment

Muzna Jee, As long as you are having a good time it's alright with me!!!!!

T.T.F.N

Comment

Working...
                            X