Fiancée Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiancée Visa

Dostoo: I am very happy to announce that I have found my Dilwalee! In March 1999, Inshallah I make the ever lasting commitment to her. But there is a problem. I have heard that I would have to wait a year or more before she could join me in U.S. Is it true? I have also heard Fiance Visa can expedite the entry in U.S. How?? Help

Hope this site helps.

http://travel.state.gov/visa_services.html#mar

I am going to Islamabad. I will inquire at the COnnsulate. I've heard fiancee applications take about 3 -5 months. I know of a friends sister-n-law who was in the US within 5 months. Wheras Immigrant spouse takes about 1yr. The best thing to do is announce your engagement and apply now, then go to Pak and by Mar time frame she has a fiancee visa, and you are all set. But the visa requirements stipulate that you have already met etc etc.. and they require photographic evidence etc etc......

Comment

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

Dilwale,

Wow.....a topic that hits home for me.

Rubiya Nur Baji and Mr. Jack Handy have provided good information. There is a special visas for fiance(e) called K1 visa that will get them here usually within in six months. Some countries the process could take a little as three months (but probablly not Pakistan).

If you plan on getting married/nikah then you can not legally apply for a fiance(e) visa because a nikah is a legally recognized marriage by US. You have to apply for the spouse/relative visa. If you only get engaged then you are allowed to apply for K1 visa. So, make you decision based on what you want to apply for. You could always try pulling something over on INS/US Consulate but that is up to you.

There are other options. She could apply for a visiting visa and once in hand you could get married and she she could come over as a tourist. Once here you and here could get a paper marriage and she could apply for her visa/greencard that way.

She could also apply for a student visa and then once in states get your paper marriage and apply for visa/greencard.

When you do hook up with your Dilwalee make sure to get a translated version of Nikah (if that is what you are doing). Get her photos (make sure they meet visa specs. All her family info that is on proper applications. Make sure to take applications with you if you can and get the info there.

An excellent source on K1 and spouse visas is www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

Also, there are several newsgroups that have info on spouse/fiance(e) visas. The page above should have info on theme also. If you want you could also search http://www.dejanews.com with keywords k1 visa, spouse visa, marriage based visa and it should pull topics from newsgroups.

---Current immigration visa processing status in Pakiland-----

All US consulates in Pakistan were evacuated around August when Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed. Even though immigration visa processing resumed a few weeks ago in Pakistan the US State Department has not officially stated the immigration visa process has started so the US visa center will not send any approved petitions to Pakistan. So...even if you application is approved in US it will never get sent to Pakistan until the State Department says so.

Sorry if I am unclear with any info above. If you need any additional info please post to gupshup and I will do my best to help out.

--ladlaone

[This message has been edited by ladlaone (edited November 27, 1998).]

Comment

Comment

Kiya karoon---internet free hai but wakeel bot (especially immigration lawyers) $$$ charge kartay hain. Menay check kiya hai and www.rubiya-nur.com is available. So..ap be internet law business shuru kar saktee ho. .

--ladlaone

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X