Check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out!

This is the stuff that makes you proud to be a Pakistani.
    During 1965 war, India's General Chaudri ordered his troops to march on Sialkot and Lahore - jauntily inviting his officers to join him for drinks that evening in lahore Gymkhana. He didn;t reckon on the Pakistani troops.

"The first Indian regiment that found itself face to face with pakistanis didn't get clobbered," said a report in Washington DC, America. "They just turned and ran, leving all of their equipment, artillery supplies and even extra clothing and supplies behind".

I have been a journalist now for twenty years, 'reported American Broadcasting Corporation's Roy Maloni, "and want to go on record that I have never seen a more confident and victoroius group of soldiers than thosefighting for Pakistan, right now.

"India is claiming all-out victory. I have not been able to find any trace of it. All I can see are troops, tanks and other war material rolling in a steady towards the front ... These muslims of pakistan are natural fighters and they ask for no quater and they give none. n any war, such as the one going on between India and Pakistan right now, the propoganda claims on either side are likely to be startling. But if I have to take bet today, my money would be on the Pakistan side."

The London Daily Mirror reported: "There is a smell of death in the burning Pakistan sun. For it was here that India's attacking forces came to a dead stop.

"During the night they threw in every reinforcement they could find. But wave after wave of attacks were repulsed by the Pakistani troops."

"India", said the London Daily Times, "is being soundly beaten by a nation which is outnumbered by four and a half to one in population and three to one in size of armed forces."

In Times reporter Louis Karrar wrote: "Who can defeat a nation which knows how to play hide and seek with death".

"... I will never forget the smile full of nerve the conducting army officers gave me. this smile told me how fearless and brave are the Pakistani young men.

"Playing with fire to these men -- from the jawan to the general Officer Commanding -- was like children playing with marbles in the streets.

"I asked the GOC, how is it that despite a small number you are overpowering the Indians?

he looked at me, smiled and said: "if courage, bravery and patriotism were purchaseable commodities, then India have got them along with American aid."

"Pakistan has been able to gain complete command of the air by literally knocking the Indian planes out of the skies, if they had not already run away."

"Indian pilots are inferior to Pakistan's pilots and Indian officers' leadership has been generally deplorable. India is being soundly beaten by a nation which is outnumbered by a four and a half to one in population and three to one three to one in size of armed forces."

Sunday Times,
    London,
    September 19, 1965.

"Pakistan's success in the air means that she has been able to redeploy her relatively small army -- professionally among the best in Asia -- with impunity, plugging gaps in the long front in the face of each Indian thrust."

"By all accounts the courage displayed by the Pakistan Air Force pilots is reminiscent of the bravery of the few young and dedicated pilots who saved this country from Nazi invaders in the critical Battle of Britain during the last war."

Patrick Seale,
    The Observer, London,
    September 12, 1965.

"India is claiming all out victory. I have not been able to find any trace of it. All I can see are troops, tanks and other war material rolling in a steady stream towards the front."

"If the Indian Air Force is so victorious, why has it not tried to halt this flow?. The answer is that it has been knocked from the skies by Pakistani planes."

"These muslims of Pakistan are natural fighters and they ask for no quarter and they give none. In any war, such as the one going on between India and Pakistan right now, the propoganda claims on either side are likely to be startling. But if I have to take bet today, my money would be on the Pakistan side."

"Pakistan claims to have destroyed something like 1/3rd the Indian Air Force, and foreign observers, who are in a position to know say that Pakistani pilots have claimed even higher kills than this; but the Pakistani Air Force are being scrupulously honest in evaluating these claims. They are crediting Pakistan Air Force only those killings that can be checked from other sources."

Roy Meloni,
    American Broadcasting Corporation
    September 15, 1965.

"One thing I am convinced of is that Pakistan morally and even physically won the air battle against immense odds."

"Although the Air Force gladly gives most credit to the Army, this is perhaps over-generous. India with roughly five times greater air-power, expected an easy air-superiority. Her total failure to attain it may be seen retrospectively as a vital, possibly the most vital, of the whole conflict."

"Nur Khan is an alert, incisive man of 41, who seems even less. For six years he was on secondment and responsible for running Pakistan's civil air-line, which, in a country where 'now' means sometime and 'sometime' means never, is a model of efficiency. he talks without the jargon of a press relations officer. He does not quibble abobut figures. Immediately one has confidence in what he says."

"His estimates, proffered diffidently but with as much photographic evidence as possible, speak for themselves. Indian and Pakistani losses, he thinks, are in something like the ration of ten to one."

"Yet, the quality of equipment, Nur insists, is less important than flying ability and determination. the Indians have no sense of purpose. The Pakistanis were defending their own country and willingly taking greater risks. 'The average bomber crews flew 15 to 20 sorties. My difficulty was restraining them, not pushing them on.' "

"This is more than nationalistic pride. Talk to the pilots themselves and you get the same intense story."

Peter Preston,
    The Guardian, London
    September 24, 1965.

"One point particularly noted by military observers is that in their frist advances the Indians did not use air power effectively to support their troops. by contrast, the Pakistanis, with sophisticated timing, swooped in on Ambala airfield and destroyed some 25 Indian planes just after they had landed and were sitting on the ground out of fuel and powerless to escape (NOTE: PAF has not claimed any IAF aircraft during it's attacks on Ambala due to non-availability of concrete evidence of damage in night bombing.)"

"By the end of the week, in fact, it was clear that the Pakistanis were more than holding their own."

Everett G. Martin,
    General Editor, Newsweek
    September 20, 1965.

"India's barbarity is mounting in fury as the Indian army and Air Force, severely mauled, are showing signs of demoralisation. The huge losses suffered by the Indian Armed Forces during the last 12 days of fighting could not be kept from the Indian public and in retaliation, the Indian armed forces are indulging in the most barbaric methods."

"The Chief of Indian Air Force could no longer ensure the safety of Indian air space. A well known Indian journalist, Mr Frank Moraes, in a talk from All-india radio, also admitted that IAF had suffered severe losses and it was no use hiding the fact and India should be prepared for more losses...."

Indonesian Herald
    September 11, 1965.

[This message has been edited by Coolio (edited 11-08-98).]

I am ALL with you Coolio

Comment

I am impressed with the collection of your articles...one question U must remmember..would those who gave their lives away for a free and better Pakistan must be turning in their graves, to see how the motherland is systematically being looted by our leadres..without any one doing anything about it. Would those Shaheeds fight for today's Pakistan if they were to come back
      ....I think not.

Comment

coolio
        it was really impressive! made me proud for a while until i read smalik's response. I am ashamed now.

Comment

Sure they would fight again. Back in 1965 the same thing was going on, Pakistan was looted by its leaders. And they still fought for them. So why won't they fight now?? Same situation. There has never been a time in the history of Pakistan where there is a non corrupt government.

Comment

_\\|//_
            ~paagal insaan~

Comment

Guys we can't just keep on looking back and become happy that so many brave soldiers did that and athat and so on we have to look on today and for tommorrow!!

Comment

Pagal...
                Well said...hehe
                very clever

Comment

S. malik u say how the motherland is being looted by our leaders but we cant say anything about them cuz we the public r da 1s who chose them i mean. we choose this PM and he/she makes bad choices, and we choose another i he/she makes bad choices and then we go on and choose the first one again, and the precess keeps repating.

We need to stop electing the so called "leaders" and try someone new, they cant hurt anymore than the old ****s, in order for our country to have the possible cahnce of surviving

Comment

bravo

iam already proud enough and that makes me even more proud
                    and no offence for you mailk but "off the bloody rusty chain" is right .

Comment

Dear Coolio,all I can say is A job well done.Like Iqbal said
                      "yeh ghazi yeh tairay purisrar bunday..."
                      We salute those "shaheeds" and "ghazies" namwar and gumnam both with all our hearts who gave their live to protect the country,us, and the honor of our sisters and mothers with a hope that we the new generation will take it on from here.But it hurts to look back and see what we have done. The time has changed but we did not. Let alone india every enemy of Islam knows that no one can defeat Muslims when it comes to their relegion and our history is replete with evidences of glory. No doubt about that.
                      So like Rooselvelt said once that"what you cannot do as an enemy you can do it as a friend", that is the policy they adopted and they are quite sucessfull in their evil designs proof is our incompentency in technology and science.

As far as the question about our leaders is concerned all I can say is the Holy Quran is right when it says " aur hum tum hi may say tum jaisay ko hukhmaran bana daitay hain"( it is a translation and is authentic with the best of my knowledge.)example is our leaders, they are corrupt because we are corrupt, liers and theives...The Holy Quran is not only true for us but for every nation
                      look at the Clinton and the lifestyle of Americans they have the same thing going on in their houses as in the naval office, isn't it?

Comment

SSultan

Allama Iqbal also said:

"Jis khait say kehesan kou mouhsir na hou routi
                        OOUs kahit kay hur gunba-e-gundum kou julla dou"

I do beleive that Pakistanis are a corrupt nation; but if Moussa came into Phirouon; then there must be one coming to help our sick nation, which I agree is corrupt from top to bottom..and not worth sheding tears or indeeed a single drop of blood for. The enemy lies whithin Pakistan and not on the borders.

Comment

You're both right. Anyways SSultan,
                          Muslims are not incompetent in technology and science. Pakistan, Iran, and Turkey are all ahead in tech. and science.
                          These are my favorite quotes:
                          "India is claiming all-out victory. I have not been able to find any
                          trace of it. All I can see are troops, tanks and other war material
                          rolling in a steady towards the front ... These muslims of pakistan
                          are natural fighters and they ask for no quater and they give
                          none. n any war, such as the one going on between India and
                          Pakistan right now, the propoganda claims on either side are likely
                          to be startling. But if I have to take bet today, my money would
                          be on the Pakistan side."
                          Pakistan claims to have destroyed something like 1/3rd the Indian
                          Air Force, and foreign observers, who are in a position to know say
                          that Pakistani pilots have claimed even higher kills than this; but
                          the Pakistani Air Force are being scrupulously honest in evaluating
                          these claims. They are crediting Pakistan Air Force only those
                          killings that can be checked from other sources."
                          "If the Indian Air Force is so victorious, why has it not tried to halt
                          this flow?. The answer is that it has been knocked from the skies
                          by Pakistani planes."

"India", said the London Daily Times, "is being soundly beaten by a
                          nation which is outnumbered by four and a half to one in
                          population and three to one in size of armed forces."
                          "I asked the GOC, how is it that despite a small number you are
                          overpowering the Indians?

he looked at me, smiled and said: "if courage, bravery and
                          patriotism were purchaseable commodities, then India have got
                          them along with American aid."
                          In Times reporter Louis Karrar wrote: "Who can defeat a nation
                          which knows how to play hide and seek with death"

Comment

I do understand what are you guys are saying here, but I also do beleive that "KHUDA NAY KABHI OOS QAUM KI HALAT NAHI BADLI JISAY KHUD NA HOSH APNI HALAT BADALNAY KA"
                            To wait for somebody to come and rescue us will be not very fruitful, like they say
                            "mana kay taghaful na karo gay
                            khak ho jain gay tum ko khabar honay tak."
                            It is very heartening to know that we belong to a nation which has a very remarkable history but on the other hand it is sadening to see that our future is not as bright as it should be. For example look at our education standard, and we all know that without education we are worthless.
                            In future,we cannot do it again unless we inculcate the guts to satand up on our feet and prove that the sacrifices we got, we are worth it.We all know we ruled the world in the past for centuries, and to reclaim our throne we got to have education. Education is the passport to the future and without it, it is just a dream- a wishful thinking.

Comment

SSulltan...totally agree with you and here is one of my own for you folks:

Mazi kay fusanay mazi main rayhtay rahain
                              Aaj ki haqiqut daikh aour kal ki fikr kur

Comment

Working...
                              X