Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answers Wanted huh?

Well try this on for size. . . .

This website is THE BEST place on the entire web for Pakistanis to carry on discussions on varied topics. People of both genders and a wide range of ages frequent our forums. People from all over the world.

Recently we have been "over-run" by certain short-tempered and short-sighted individuals that wish to bring the "gone astray Muslims" back to the "right path". Unfortunately, their efforts have been stunted by the methodology they have chosen to adopt.

Here are the facts as I see them:

Whomever has issued statements disrespecting ANY RELIGIOUS LEADER was WRONG TO DO SO.

Whomever has responded to such postings with like messages was WRONG TO DO SO. Adding fuel to fire never puts the flames out.

Whomever attempted to rationalize his/her provocative messages by suggesting that the accusations and allegations were "grammatically" and "logically" accurate was WRONG TO DO SO.

Opinions can be expressed clearly and in a concise fashion without launching an attack or being offensive.

Whomever has issue with the name of the site being "The Official Pakistan Page" . . .well, tough. When I ask for tissue to blow my nose I often ask for Kleenex. . . means squat!

Whomever feels that this site should be run with parallels drawn to everything that is practiced and preached in Pakistan (e.g. Persecution of followers of the Ahmediyat faith) should realize that this is not EVER going to be the case. NEVER EVER.

Now, we can continue to argue and enlarge the matter to the point where name-calling and profanity begins and members start to have privileges taken away or we can chose to recognize/celebrate our differences and move forward in search of ways to enrich our minds and souls.

I for one would like to move forward 'cause frankly speaking. . ."If I cease to become better, I shall soon cease to be good." (My favourite quotation)

Those interested in the direction we wish to proceed are welcome to join us for the journey and those that do not agree, well. . . it's been a slice!

Lets see what size fits me ...

This web site is indeed THE BEST place on the web so is Pakistan which is the best place on the earth for Pakistanis. Problem, though, is not the place but the administrators. Like Pakistan, TOPP is also being governed by some beuraucrat minded sissies who haven't a clue of what they're doing.

So when favoritism is the criteria, then any individual who doesn't follow "Yes Sir" & "Yes Ma'am" policy will obviously be seen as short-tempered and short-sighted. You get my vote here.

whomever... -- ItsAllGreekToMe !!!

But following is SoulOfTheMatter:

"Whomever feels that this site should be run with parallels drawn to everything that is practiced and preached in Pakistan (e.g. Persecution of followers of the Ahmediyat faith) should realize that this is not EVER going to be the case. NEVER EVER."

NEVER EVER... I wish I have THIS strong sentiments for my religion. Hugs & Kisses in a variety pack!

And now joke of the day:

"Now, we can continue to argue and enlarge the matter to the point where name-calling and profanity begins and members start to have privileges taken away or we can chose to recognize/celebrate our differences an move forward in search of ways to enrich our minds and souls."

A technical correction in the quote: better comes after good.

Finally, to wrap it up ... I want the whole pie because I'm the leader, not the follower.

so long...

Comment

Those people that want to bring us who have gone astray back to the "right path" post their stupid topics here on this site because no one listens to them otherwise. They are sadly mistaken that people read their posts here, and they feel good by thinking that they are talking to someone where in fact they are just talking to themselves....who cares what they have to say? just ignore them...

f.

Comment

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

Dear ts . . .

Though normally this need not be said, in your case I thought it might be a good idea to spell it out anyway. . .

If you feel that you can do a good/better job of something then the sky is the limit go for it! There is no shortage of space neither in the world (for you to form your own nation) nor in cyber-space (for you to put up your own website with a discussion forum). Put your money where your mouth is and show us what you're made of. . .

People are smart enough around here to recognize the difference between criticism for the sake of self-preservation and sincere, constructive criticism for the sake of "becoming better" -- thank goodness for that.

And a technical correction for your understanding: one need not be good to become better.

Comment

Muzna ji
            Adaab
            I am in agreement with Frisky and Rubiya in backing you up for a job well done.
            Some on in your position will always be exposed to criticism, but don't let it bring you down. Just keep in mind that
            Criticism comes easier than craftsmanship.

Comment

Dear Muzna-

PardonMyFrench but TOPP spokeswoman's comments are sarcastic. These WordsOfWisdom from GupShup ThinkTank's most brilliant moderator must reflect their WinWin policy: (I don't know TheClause)

IF YOU AGREE, YOU'RE WELCOME. IF NOT, EVEN THOUGH YOUR'E RIGHT, WE'RE STILL GONNA DO IT OUR WAY. NO DISAGREEMENTS.

Thats Neat! Precise, infact.

FoodForThought -- Reference to the PeopleOfTheForum that they're smart and intelligent. Help Keep TheVoteBank intact.

so long...

Comment

ts,
                Vacate is the word.
                "Vengence has no place," he swears to her. "Cannot find the comfort in this world." Artificial tears.
                Vessel stabbed, "Next up, volunteers." Vulnerable, wisdom can't adhere.
                A truant finds home and a wish to hold on. But there's a trapdoor in the sun. Immortality. As priveledged as a whore. Victims in demand for public show.
                Swept out through the cracks beneath the door.
                Holier than thou.
                Surrendered. Executed anyhow!!

Comment

muzna,
                  Large fingers pushing paint.
                  You're God and you've got big hands.
                  Colors planned.

Comment

Dear ts . . .

"IF YOU AGREE, YOU'RE WELCOME. IF NOT, EVEN THOUGH YOUR'E RIGHT, WE'RE STILL GONNA DO IT OUR WAY. NO DISAGREEMENTS."

All healthy discussion must have room for disagreements. I am the first to recognize this concept. It is not the disagreement that we have difficulty with. . it is the method and manner with which one presents the opposing opinion that is in question here.

You are good at deflecting ts. . .but I still contend, the arena is open and free for all. If you feel that you can do a better job -- be our guest. You shall have my complete and dedicated support in your sincere efforts.

Btw. . . .since you have already stated that "The Forum" (sounds so much like "The Family" from some Godfather sequel. . LOL) will do whatever it wants.. . I have no need for votes.

Comment

Dear Muzna-

". . it is the method and manner with which one presents the opposing opinion that is in question here."

Exactly.

And whoever leads the discussion, i.e. TheModerators/Admin, is eventually responsible for allowing a discussion to go astry towards FishMarketStyle arguments because of their negligence, incompetency, lack of interest, and/or biased opinions.

My "sincere efforts" are reflected by my kinda humorous remarks about admin in various posts. AkalMund Ko Ishaara Kaafi Hota Hai.

EndOfStatement.

so long...

Comment

Dear ts,

So is that the end of your statement for that particular message or for the subject?
                        'Cause I'm not done. Not quite yet.

"because of their negligence, incompetency, lack of interest, and/or biased opinions."

I am in partial agreement with your comment. The issue arises where a member decides to deride the Admin Team or the Moderators. I will allow that the possibility of negligence exists, due to various reasons including personal time constraints, but what I will absolutely not permit is the suggestion that any one of the team has exhibited a lack of interest or incompetence with respect to their duties. As for biased opinions . . . it would be foolish to suggest that any individual does not have a particular slant on a particular topic however, being in close contact with all of the team gives me an angle on their personalities that you and other members may not be privy to. It is this insight that allows me to confidently state that no Moderator has to date performed any duty on behalf of TOPP under the influence of his/her personal opinion.

I also feel it necessary to remind you and the members of this forum that these positions are voluntary and it is the duty of the membership of Gup Shup and the Executive to consider this fact when extending any sort of criticism.

Comment

"It is this insight that allows me to confidently state that no Moderator has to date performed any duty on behalf of TOPP under the influence of his/her personal opinion."

what exactly was the big shiraarty-friendly-ghost quarrel then?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

ts,

forget about this discussion...

those who start the thread with, I AM THE BEST statment... what do you expect from them?

Comment

Dear Muzna-

I thought we reached the conclusion but like you said: "in your case I thought it might be a good idea to spell it out anyway. . ."

"I also feel it necessary to remind you and the members of this forum that these positions are voluntary and it is the duty of the membership of Gup Shup and the Executive to consider this fact when extending any sort of criticism."

You volunteer your time BY CHOICE. If you think that you cannot devote needed attention to the forum and cannot fullfil the demands it needs to be a moderator, think twice because you could find number of examples in the archive where discussions became BULL just because the moderators failed to do their job. Sorry, but I can't buy this argument.

Also, there are numerous examples where moderators jumped in when it was TooLittleTooLate and the demage was already been done. They showed NO INTEREST b/c they were busy posting some indian lyrics or engaged in some other meaningless chit chat.

At other times, HeatOfTheArgument was beyond their control and the only way they could stop it was to LockTheThread. DontKnowWhatToDo so CloseTheThread.

And there was this Kid, who was all over the Forum complaining, crying, and cursing at his colleagues and TheAdmin didn't know what to do with him either?

More Later, if you like...else

so long...

Comment

Working...
                            X