How sad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How sad....

The Eid namaz is announced in San Jose for Tuesday morning.

Today (Monday) a friend of mine called from Denver (Colorado) to say Eid Mubarak and he said their Eid was today. And I said, oh!

But then, a cousin of mine called, who lives in Fremont (30 mins drive from San Jose) and they had their eid ki namaaz today. And now, I am really wondering, whats happening...?!?!

Can't these religious authorities agree on one day for Eid? Atleast all USA should have one Eid. And this time there were 10 days to sort out any moon-sighting issues. Hadd hee ho gayee, bulkul! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smash.gif

Originally posted by Pristine:

Hadd hee ho gayee, bulkul! http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smash.gif
    ur right Pristine...
    similar happened in Ottawa...

Most people had the Eid prayers today when the actual Islamic date for Eid is tomorrow(tuesday)
    they all celebrated it today jus cuz of Saudi but we r not there so why go with there calendar now tomorrow is the Eid for most Pakistanis and maybe others

Mosts Montrealis n Torontonians are celebrating it tomorrow(tuesday)

It sure is Sad...can't they work it out together on which day it is
    and here the case of Unity comes again

NON muslims say they(us muslims) can never work it out together the're always confused

laterz...

------------------
    "The only way to have a friend is to be one."

Comment

Sad indeed...

It should be right after hajj, no excuses.

But most of the times its "meri chaley ghi...agar nahi to kisee ki nahi chaley ghi" attitude that changes one eid into two.

Brailvies don't wanna do it with wahaibis, shias don't wanna do it with sunnis, idiots put up a great show, idiots i said.

I hope Allah finds a way to show these idiots the right path in understanding Islam and practicing it like Mohammad and his companions did without any need of covetousness or crudeness towards each other. Ameen.

------------------
      *V~V~V*He came, He saw, He conquered*V~V~V*
      [Quran,Al-Baqara, 42.

Comment

Isn't Eid supposed to be on the 10th of Zi'l-Haj..?

Comment

Was it a sect thingie? I thought it was calendar issue.

Some people go with Saudi Arabia, blindly. Some say we must sight a moon. Atleast if someone sights a moon anywhere in USA, that should be good enough for all USA. How come there are differences here. It was Afghanis, who prayed eid ki namaaz in Fremont because they follow Afghanistan, who in turn follow Saudis. They don't sight their own moon. Fine.

So, do they have 28 days of Z'ee Qa'ad? How can you have 28 days of any month. Its so confusing.

The rule of Islam says... sight the moon. If you sight the moon, the new month starts. If you don't sight the moon, complete 30 days. How can they have 28 days months....?

Comment

Pristine, Big eid is right after hajj, there is no moon issue or anything like that; maybe in some cases. When the HAjj is over its eid the next day. In the USA its sect issue most of the time specially in New York City.

------------------
            *V~V~V*He came, He saw, He conquered*V~V~V*
            [Quran,Al-Baqara, 42.

[This message has been edited by The Watcher (edited March 05, 2001).]

Comment

So if we go by this logic than Eid ul Adha will always be 10 Zil hajja as per the Saudi calendar...right?

I am ok with this, but wouldn't in this case Z'ee Q'aad be of 28 days in USA (due to time difference)? Or is it ok? Now we are talking about the whole year being different but for 10 Zil Hajja we are following KSA.

Comment

It is very sad. Here in Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto areas ther are over 12 different muslim (Pakistani only), organizations or mosques. Forget one muslim nation concept, they are not even willing to cooperate with each other on any issues. The worst moment was when I went for Jumaa Namaz at cooper mosque (Mississauga) and there were 3 Cops were standing on each door. I found out that cops were called because last Imam is not allowed in mosque anymore. What else left there. I don't care what was the issue or who was right or wrong, but it was not right at all.There was no body left in Muslim nation who could solve that issue.
                We are celebrating Eid on Tuesday in Toronto areas.
                Anywas, Eid Mubarak and best wishes to you and all around you.

Comment

Yea, it is kind of sad.

Today was eid for me though. Most arabs in toronto decided to celebrate it today and my dad decided to go along with them. Most pakistanis are doing it tomorrow. it's just so weird. Hajj was on sunday...I would think eid would've been on monday for everyone ??

hmm. khair.

Eid Mubarak.

[This message has been edited by hayaa (edited March 06, 2001).]

Comment

two eids here in edmonton too, one today and one tomorrow...

Comment

what bothers me most is that it's always the Pakistani who have two Eids: if you look at ppl from turkey or marocco, they follow Saudi arabia, and that is how it should be, afterall hajj is performed in saudi arabia and NOT in Pakistan, and everybody agrees that the date of hajj set by Saudia is the right one: so it is logical that you also should follow Saudia regarding Eid !!!!!

------------------
                      Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
                      Why so serious ... ?

Comment

Watcher, check out http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/002522.html

What do u say?

Comment

hmmmm as a protest I decided to do eid next saturday, it will be a day off so I can celebrate
                          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X