Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom

Assalam Alaikum

Imagine living in a newly formed country which is democratic and you are the elected leader. The freedoms are unclear and have not been established. What freedoms would you allow the people to have i.e. which freedoms would you implement and why would they be good? You're allowed to use the freedoms which are already in use in democratic countries, freedom of speech etc.

Assalam Alaikum

It depends on the culture / religion of the country. E.g. a country like Pakistan, Iran or Saudi Arbia cannot have much freedom of speech and the so called women rights for the women.

But considering Pakistan, i think if i was the leader, main sab ko danday mar mar ker theek ker daita, u know why, there is a saying
    Latoon key bhoot batoon say nahin maan tay.

Corrution, chori, bay-imani, cheating is so common that it looks its a part of our society and unfortunely more than 90% ppl are doing that. Ab in ka aik he ilaj hay aur woh hay Danda!!! bas.

No freedom at all, just work and work, first of all the danda should be used for the politicians and Police, and then the general public.

So u know, no freedom at all required for a country like Pakistan. Just give them enough to eat, jobs, security, justice. Thats all. Allah Allah khair sallah.

Comment

Well like Friendly-Ghost said it mostly depends on the country and its culture but I do disagree with his point of no freedom of speech and women rights. Also the only reason Pakistan is in such a bad shape is that it never really got off the right foot. Anyway back to your question I would have freedom and law balacing each other so the population doesn't feel like its in a jail or something but still know that if they do commit a crime they will be punished. See ya.

Comment

haha!

[This message has been edited by shiraarty (edited 10-24-98).]

Comment

I shall go for the koranic concept of "secularism"!

90% people are not doing corruption..
          75% people live in villages and eat onions with roti!
          what corruption have they done?
          there is already a danda on them!!

Talk about freedom....

"danda" = "freedom" ???????

long live talibaan

peace!

Comment

Hi

Rida jee, again i would like to repeat that it depends on the country and its culture and religion. In a country like Pakistan, and taking the present situation in consideration, Maula Baksh is the best and the only solution available.

Freedom of speech, wat speech, like that of Salman Rushdie or what ?? What one has to speak freely, a country where Economy is on the verge of collapse, youth don't have jobs, people are unsecure, do u think they care of freedom of speech??? Freedom of speech is only for the politicians and there chamchaas.

Woman Rights, ufff i'm sick of hearing this again n again. My government will provide no women rights. Separate girls educational institutions, parda is 100% lazmi. No women welfare organizations.
            No khullam khulla datings, no chair char in the parks.

Theives, saray tunday, bijlee jiss nay chori ki us key ghar ki electricity cut for 10 years + 5 yrs jail. Rishwat khor police to be shot dead. Rishwat dainay walay ko 15 years prison.

No one allowed to carry weapons, all licenses cancelled, if found with a weapon, death penalty.

All religious parties cancelled. Either to make just one religious party or no party.

All political parties cancelled for 20 years. All political leaders to be mulk badar for 20 years.

No loan to be taken from the day of my government even if no food to eat. To go on default, no money to be given back. Education completely free, medical service completely free.

So, this is my government!!!.

Kia kehtay hain aap log main election main khara ho jaoon??????????

Comment

ahem ahem...
              excuse me!

no food to eat....no freedom of speech....no women rights...no freedom of action.. no freedom of belief...

wheres "freedom" then?

so your crys of "islam! islam!" .. fading??

arts and thoughts may fade..
              fade away....!!

next member please...

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

Thankyou all for your comments.

From reading your comments I got the following freedoms:

No freedom,
                women's rights,
                freedom of speech,
                freedom of action and
                freedom of belief.

The problem is nobody said what was good about them!

So I'll ask again.

1. What freedoms would you implement?
                2. Why would they be good?

Assalam Alaikum

Comment

MR. FRIENDLY GHOST

hellooooooooooooooooooooo
                  what world do you live in!!!!
                  Why wont you women have rights!!!!!!
                  and what does it have to do with those countries in particular.
                  i mean if u mean that cuz of da religion hello ding bell our religion says men and women r equal so whay wont they have rights
                  why
                  so tell what kind of idiotic sick state of mind were u goin through when u made dat statement!!!!!!!!!!!!

hellooooooooooooooo
                  really what kinda sick wrold surrounds u?

WHY IS IT LAZMI YALL BOYS DA 1 ALWAYS DOIN ALL DA **** NOT US YALL NEED TO THINK ABOUT YO DAMN SELVES NOT US
                  DA RIGHTS NEED TO BE TAKEN AWAY FRM YALL NOT US

[This message has been edited by offdachain (edited 10-27-98).]

Comment

too na pehchaanay to hai yeh teree nazron ka kasoor...

offdachain...
                    u seem like RIGHT ON THE CHAIN!
                    i'm impressed!

Comment

I will keep relegion as far away from goverment as possible. Women and men would have equal rights. Complete freedom of speech.Women will not be half witness in the court of law as they are under Sharia. Also no killing people for denoucning Islam or any other relegion. It would have to be a western democracy.

Comment

yes superman,

i think religion should be kept away from government!

your idea is in exact accordance with the Koranic concept of secularism, and complete justice.

like...
                        u know!

Comment

since we r on thi religion and laws stuff can you tell me something why does a womwn get arrested and is blamed for getting raped. why doesnt anything happen to the man. why does everyone make fun and disgrades the woman. its not her faault its all the guys fault so why doesnt h get punished!!!

Comment

I might as well go talk to a brick wall!!!

Comment

off da chain,

like... you certainly posted something which gave me a reason to think...

like...
                              you deserve respect..

neways...

i completely agree with your point...

well the only answer to your question is that the real islam isnt there..

allah, and the prophet never taught anything of that sort,

the "maulvi" did!

Comment

Working...
                              X