What makes you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you happy?

What do you base your happiness upon? Any thoughts?

"What do you base your Happiness on - any thoughts?"

"Happiness is a result of thought"-thats my thought.

The Capitalists and the Communists incorrectly agreed that happiness is attained from SENSUAL PLEASURES.

Obviously this is Wrong, and anybody who thinks deeply will come to the conclusion that happiness results from THOUGHTS.

Comment

What makes me happy, hmmm...

- Nice romantic weather.
      - Sitting with family, chatting.
      - Gathering with friend, outing, gupshup.
      - Koi tareef karay.
      - Played well in some match.
      - When mom talking on telephone to Aunty key larki daikh rahay hain ajkal koi nazar main ho to batana.
      - Offering my prayers regularly.
      - Pakistan main koi taraqqi wala kaam ho.

Last and second last khushi itni ziada nahin miltee http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif((.

Comment

to make someone happy,
        makes me happy

Comment

Salam everyone,

I feel most happy and content when with all my thoughts and concentration i close my eyes and thank ALLAH for all the things HE has blessed me with. At the end of that moment i feel relaxed and unstressed and thus tons of happiness surrounds me...

Riz

Comment

I think happiness is something eternal which can't be express but you can feel it only by practicing your religion. I mean practicing it in every second of your life.

Comment

A blonde in velvet wrappings. No just kidding...grum grum poourian with hulwa.

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

Thankyou all for replying.

Good point Jalal_ud_deen. Anything you think is going to make you happy will make you happy.

Friendly_Ghost - If I had a woman in sight I'll probably get married myself

Shiraarty - True but to me it depends on who this person is and if my action is Halaal and with the frame of mind that it will please Allah (S.W.T).

rizwana - Very true. The consequences of good actions are always good and a good action is an action which Allah (S.W.T.) has told us is good so we thank Allah (S.W.T.) for guiding us and all praise belongs to Allah (S.W.T.) in whatever state we are in. We must be careful of basing our happiness on the consequences of our actions instead of our actions.

princess of passion - I think that happiness is only eternal in Jannah and not in this world. In this world we need to always be doing something to make us happy but in the next world we can just sit back and relax. How happy we will be in Jannah is indescribable.

s malik- just purian with halwa?

It seems to me that many people base and fix their happiness upon anything or some things which are out of their control i.e.

physical appearance -good looks, height, weight etc,
                Weather,
                money and other assets,
                Good food - purian with halwa, etc

So when they lose any of these they feel sad and depressed. Many people go to many lengths to preserve their physical appearance because they are going to lose their happiness. When people lose money they even try Haraam actions to get it back.

In reality they haven't done anything to achieve any of these, its part of their fate.

The only thing that people can control are our actions. Which I think we should base our happiness upon.

Good actions = Happy
                Bad actions = Sad

These good and bad actions must be defined by Islam and not us.

We will be happy because we are doing an action which helps us in this world and the next and ultimately pleases Allah(S.W.T.)

Although anything you think will make you happy will make you happy but it will not help you in the next world.

Assalam Alaikum

[This message has been edited by Mudassar (edited 10-22-98).]

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

Thankyou all for replying.

Good point Jalal_ud_deen. Anything you think is going to make you happy will make you happy.

Friendly_Ghost - If I had a woman in sight I'll probably get married myself

Shiraarty - True but to me it depends on who this person is and if my action is Halaal and with the frame of mind that it will please Allah (S.W.T).

rizwana - Very true. The consequences of good actions are always good and a good action is an action which Allah (S.W.T.) has told us is good so we thank Allah (S.W.T.) for guiding us and all praise belongs to Allah (S.W.T.) in whatever state we are in. We must be careful of basing our happiness on the consequences of our actions instead of our actions.

princess of passion - I think that happiness is only eternal in Jannah and not in this world. In this world we need to always be doing something to make us happy but in the next world we can just sit back and relax. How happy we will be in Jannah is indescribable.

s malik- just purian with halwa?

It seems to me that many people base and fix their happiness upon anything or some things which are out of their control i.e.

physical appearance -good looks, height, weight etc,
                  Weather,
                  money and other assets,
                  Good food - purian with halwa, etc

So when they lose any of these they feel sad and depressed. Many people go to many lengths to preserve their physical appearance because they are going to lose their happiness. When people lose money they even try Haraam actions to get it back.

In reality they haven't done anything to achieve any of these, its part of their fate.

The only thing that people can control are our actions. Which I think we should base our happiness upon.

Good actions = Happy
                  Bad actions = Sad

These good and bad actions must be defined by Islam and not us.

We will be happy because we are doing an action which helps us in this world and the next and ultimately pleases Allah(S.W.T.)

Although anything you think will make you happy will make you happy but it will not help you in the next world.

Assalam Alaikum

[This message has been edited by Mudassar (edited 10-22-98).]

Comment

A very good question indeed !I once read this quote in a book and it sounded so true I never forgot it." Zindagi ki thori thori khosyon ko bohat samajhna chahia kyonka wohi agai barh kar ik bari khooshi a sabab ban jati hain." And in my opinion its true. The less you expect from life the more it gives you the more you expect the more you will be disappointed. See ya.

Comment

A very good question indeed !I once read this quote in a book and it sounded so true I never forgot it." Zindagi ki thori thori khooshion ko bohat samajhna chahia kyonka wohi agai barh kar ik bari khooshi a sabab ban jati hain." And in my opinion its true. The less you expect from life the more it gives you the more you expect the more you will be disappointed. See ya.

[This message has been edited by Rida (edited 10-24-98).]

Comment

Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so.

Happiness ain't a thing in itself- it's only a contrast with something that ain't pleasant. . . . And so, as soon as the novelty is over and the force of the contrast dulled, it ain't happiness any longer, and you have to get something fresh.

Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky.

Comment

There is that in me- I do not know what it is- but
                          I know it is in me . . .
                          I do not know it- it is without name- it is a word
                          unsaid,
                          It is not in any dictionary, utterance, symbol . . .
                          Do you see O my brothers and sisters?
                          It is not chaos or death- it is form, union, plan- it
                          is eternal life- it is Happiness.

Walt Whitman (1819-92), U.S. poet. Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself," sct. 50 (1855).

Comment

that sums it up for me...

f.

Comment

Working...
                            X