Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAZAR Lug Jai Gi

Salam

You guys must have heard this phrase or used it yourself..."aisa na kuro, wurna nazar lug jai gi"

Is there any such thing as Nazar. One of my aunts believe in "nazar" big time but i think this is all bull.

I remember my partner used to wear full sleeves during work out to hide his muscles from other people.

Also, once in a blue moon when i used to ace an exam (ghulti say).... my friends used to say...don't jump and dance nazar lug jai gi. hmmm well, guess what! nazar lug gai hehe...

Do u guys believe in "Nazar"

Ciao
    BoSS

You're a woman?

Comment

hi! folks
      i personally do n't belive in nazar but you know one can not stay happy for ever longer you laugh longer you cry . but it's not vice versa i.e if i start crying now for nothing does garentee any happiness later on .

this is how life is supposed to be well we can call this nazar as well .

okie dokie

shezi

Comment

Meri tou bus yehe dua hai kai...

Teri piari piari soorat koOo
        Kisi ki nazar naA lagey
        ChashmeY budDoor..."

so long...

[This message has been edited by ts26418 (edited 10-03-98).]

Comment

hmmm... tough question! Its something like, when u say that, nop... I don't believe in it! It doesn't harms one. But if one believes in it. Then it happens! Weird eh? No kidding
          Its like one of those horroscope things. Eg, Believe it, make happen. Don't believe, none happen. Know what I'm saying?

Comment

Salam!
            haha! funny question! hey sowwie, i mean that in a good way! anywayz, ahem ahem, yup i certainly believe in it! cuz i've seen it happen i think! kinda weird eh! but once i saw a little kid that was very sick and wouldn't get better, so the father brought in an old man, who said the same thing "nazar lag gaee hay"! to make a short story even shorter, the old guy did some "dum" on the kid, and also the burning of 7 (i think) mirchain (uffff, it's like a whole ritual, i don't exactly know how it works!) but anyways, the kid was all better the next day!!! and these ppl are family friends, so i saw all this happening!
            kher, i don't know if this proves anything! or may be it does!

Khuda hafiz

Comment

Bull****!

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys

Mudassar:
                You have some pretty standard and "set" views about women....don't put lable on things it stops one's growth.

Shezi:
                you are an inspiration as always ...ok me happy you happy no cry wry

ts:
                who are we talking about..."Titanic"

Behna:
                what! u playing hide and seek again..but your reponse was very true

Haya:
                Hain! so are we among the believers wink! Allah aap ko nazr-e-bad say bachaay

Sir Faraz:
                I dunno what to say...but i read your "emails" too...I might be the only one but I do believe that you would come up with an apology. Believe me it doesn't take much and you will gain some self respect. Good Luck!

Ciao
                BoSS

Comment

Daysee behnaa, i am really interested in how you explained it, but somehow i dont get much out of it. For me, can u please explain in more detail?
                  I mean, i heared this point of view in certain other things too, can u please discuss it with me? please..

Comment

YOu know what i think, i think its all in yo head. If you think if you dance after u ace a test "nazar lag jaye gi". you have that in yo mind so you dont really gocus on the test but think more about failing it so u dont study and fail. Then ppl say see "nazar lag gai"

Comment

Creepy Boss,

You want an apology, read this:

One advice for the whole Team:

Tread lightly while dealing with this man.

There is lot more world outside US & Canada.

[Note: This message was edited by Admin]

Comment

Asalamo Aliakum ya all!

Howz it?
                        BoSS, Peek a boo, guess who? Sorry. Too busy, caught up with the real world. Timbacktoo say jaan chuti Alhamdulilah! Now, more serious battles to face, eg. Math and infinite stupidity of Shakespear Teeheehee, no offence to noone
                        Here's a quote from Aaaaaaaaainstein:"There are two things infinite in universe. Man's stupidity and the universe. But I'm not sure about the former."

Alright Some one else,
                        Its like this, wait lemme read my stuff again. Its all cycology(physcology) stuff. The brain plays a vital role in directing one in a certain direction. So eg, if one wants to believe that 'oye hoyay, nazar lag gai sanoon!' Tho ji janab Mr.Brain will detect all possible sources for such pheno'to make happen. Eg, Once in a wedding, Someone was wearing Khusas for the first time. Complications arised due to it being a bit too fit. Her foot got all toxicated with Yuck infection. Skipped school for 2 whole weeks. At the same time, all her well known buddies, were teasing "Oye hoyay, Nazar zabardast lagi hei is ko!" http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif Anyway, now if some one wants to believe this, they can claim "Nazar lag gai." But if one deosn't then look at the logical details.

But then again, once in a while one does gets carried away, and if he refuses to face logical details, and goes up shouting, "Hat Teeri key, Nazar lag gai ZABARDAST!" Well if that happens to anyone among us here, next time try resoning the logical stuff first. If not, then well........... "NAZAR LAG GAI!"

Till then Adios!

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

When someone has been harmed by the evil eye it means they have been harmed by a look from a Jinn.

I found some Ahadith concerning the evil eye.

Al-Muwatta Hadith

Hadith 50.1

Wudu from the Evil Eye

Yahya related to me from Malik that Muhammad ibn Abi Umama ibn Sahl ibn Hunayf heard his father say, "My father, Sahl ibn Hunayf did a ghusl at al-Kharrar. He removed the jubbah he had on while Amir ibn Rabia was watching, and Sahl was a man with beautiful white skin. Amir said to him, 'I have never seen anything like what I have seen today, not even the skin of a virgin.' Sahl fell ill on the spot, and his condition grew worse. Somebody went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and told him that Sahl was ill, and could not go with him. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came to him, and Sahl told him what had happened with Amir. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Why does one of you kill his brother? Why did you not say, "May Allah bless you?" (ta baraka-llah) The evil eye is true. Do wudu from it.' Amir did wudu from it and Sahl went with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and there was nothing wrong with him."

Al-Muwatta Hadith

Hadith 50.2

Wudu from the Evil Eye

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abu Umama ibn Sahl ibn Hunayf said, ''Amir ibn Rabia saw Sahl ibn Hunayf doing a ghusl and said, 'I have not seen the like of what I see today, not even the skin of a maiden who has never been out of doors.' Sahl fell to the ground. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was approached and it was said, 'Messenger of Allah, can you do anything about Sahl ibn Hunayf? By Allah, he can not raise his head.' He said, 'Do you suspect anyone of it?' They said, 'We suspect Amir ibn Rabia.' "
                          He continued, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, summoned Amir and was furious with him and said, 'Why does one of you kill his brother? Why did you not say, "May Allah bless you?" Do ghusl for it.' Amir washed his face, hands, elbows, knees, the end of his feet, and inside his lower garment in a vessel. Then he poured it over him, and Sahl went off with the people, and there was nothing wrong with him."

Al-Muwatta Hadith

Hadith 50.3

Guarding from the Evil Eye.

Yahya related to me from Malik that Humayd ibn Qays al-Makki said, "A man came to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, with the two sons of Jafar ibn Abi Talib. He said to their nursemaid, 'Why do I see them so thin?' Their nursemaid said, 'Messenger of Allah, the evil eye goes quickly to them. Nothing stops us from asking someone to make talismans (using ayats of Qur'an) for them, except that we do not know what of that would agree with you.' The Messenger of ,Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Make talismans for them. Had anything been able to precede the decree, the evil eye would precede it.' "

Al-Muwatta Hadith

Hadith 50.4

Guarding from the Evil Eye.

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from Sulayman ibn Yasar that Urwa ibn az-Zubayr told him that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, entered the house of Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. There was a child weeping in the house, and they told him that it was from the evil eye. Urwa said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Why do you not find someone to make a talisman to protect it from the evil eye?' "

Sahih Muslim Hadith
                          Hadith 5427 Narrated byAbdullah ibn Abbas

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: The influence of an evil eyes is a fact; if anything would precede the destiny it would be the influence of an evil eye, and when you are asked to take bath (as a cure) from the influence of an evil eye, you should take bath.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith
                          Hadith 1019 Narrated byAbuSa'id al-Khudri

The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to seek protection against the Jinn and the evil eye till surahs al-Falaq and an-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed he stuck to them and discarded everything beside them.
                          Transmitted by Tirmidhi.

End.

It is not a superstition it exists.

Assalam Alaikum

Comment

Hello Mudassar jee,

Salaam.

Thank you for the above post - it was very enlightening.
                            So, would it be correct to state that the bottom line is, that regular readings of Surahs Al-Falaq and An-Nas would be suffecient to protect oneself from the evil nazar. That's what I follow and I guess your post confirms it too??

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

Rubiya Nur Jee,

If you read ayat al-Kursi at night, Allah (S.W.T.) will send a guard to protect you till dawn and if you read it in the morning then Allah (S.W.T.) will send a guard to protect to till sunset and no Satan will be able to get near you.

If you read Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas, then you will be protected from any form of black magic etc. and any spell put on you will be broken.

Assalam Alaikum

Comment

Working...
                              X