Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion religion religion blah blah blah....!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion religion religion blah blah blah....!!

Why is it that MOST of the posts on this PAK.ORG forum are either religious in nature from the begining, or somehow get morphed into one of religious content?

I go to other forums, and THEY nevery talk about religion...Go to any Indian forum, do they talk about hinduism? Not as much HERE thats for sure! Then why do Pakistanis have nothing else to talk about but religion? We have so much more going on in this world people!!!

Oh frisky bhai, dont be mad ...

You see, most of the times the topic is directly related to Islam, thus we make Islam the base to talk about it.
    Go to the shor sharaba section... u wont find anything about religion there .

You know a funny thing? a few days ago, Niaz argued that we DONT use religion in our topics and we should

see depends on who u are discussing with, and what you are discussing. try thinking of a point which does involve religion, then start a discussion about it.. possibly you will not find anyone reffering to religion.

Okay, u say,
    We have so much more going on in this world people!!!
    isnt it funny most of the things happening in the world are due to religion
    okay, try thinking of something going on in this world, which does not involve religion, and then post it here.
    you should be the one to start, the others will follow

Comment

Yo up there!
      Get a life, no complains
      Good Luck!
      Adios!

Comment

Dear Daysee Behna-

Just paid a visit to your home page and read about you also. What is true? This OR That?

so long...

Comment

i think the reason pakistanis discuss religion soo much is cuz it is totally imbedded into us from when we are young to now. i mean, as children we are taught to say the kalma, read quran, pray, fast, etc...in other religions religion is not such a big factor in the followers' lives but for muslims the whole concept and definition of Islam is that it means submission to Allah AND A WAY OF LIFE. In Islam, w/ the guidance of the Quran and Sunnah, we are taught how to do EVERYTHING, just about so that is why we are totally immersed in it.

Granted, I am not a religious person AT ALL but I am kinda pulled in both directions on this topic. Every topic does not need to involve religion but a lot of topics do involve it just b/c it is our way of life.

Comment

yep jez, that IS true...but Ive seen that ABCDs and Brit-Born Desis are much more conservative and religious (at least their parents try to MAKE them more religious) than us Paki-born Fresh Off The Boats...
            Yeah, religion is embedded into our lives from day one...afterall: Pakistan is the only nation in the world to have formed just because of religion.

yeah, nice input folks...

f.

Comment

Oh yes? And what was Israel's basis, if not religion? Sorry but the idea wasn't a new one.

And I often wonder if talking about religion is so frequent because that's much, much easier than practising it..... look around at the people you see. It seems to me the more people stick to the outward signs the less likely it is that it's in their hearts and minds and daily actions......
              Just my humble opinion.

Comment

actually, frisky, i really dont think abcd's and bbcd's are more conservative...true there are a lot of them that ARE religious BUT there are a whole TON of them that are not religious whatsoever.

for example, take isna...on the outward, it seems liek the big majority is religious but 85% of the youth were there to "hook-up" and f$&@ around...

Comment

Frisky, whenever I use religion in a discussion, it is because what is often being discussed are topics that involve moral issues. One of the recent ones I can remember is that there was a girl who was asking if it's alright for girls to have pre marital sex if guys are also doing it. Another one was if it's alright to drink, or why shouldn't we drink or something like that. Even the subject of polygamy was discussed.

There have been discussions about the topics mentioned above, where people have been trying to determine whether these things are right or wrong. Islam provides us with answers to our "is this right or wrong?" questions as above. That is my personal reason for using Islam in these discussions.

Comment

Asalam O alaikum wa rah ma tullahay wa barakath!
                    Clearifications ts26418,

BY saying "get a life," I meant to say to that person, not to waste time here if he doesn't like hearing about Islam. Does that helps?

Comment

well, theres nothing wrong in using or refering to religion if the argument warrants it...I was just wondering because it seems that Pakistani's just talk about religion so much...in everything....Its embedded in our lives from day one...if its such a good thing then, i poise this question:
                      Why is it that Pakistan (and more than half of the muslim world) is in such tormoil...?

f.

Comment

DEAR BROTHERS
                        I THINK THE THING THAT WE NEEDED MOST IN OUR LIVES IS GET CLOSER TO THE ROOTS WHERE WE BELONG AND FOR EVERY HUMANBEING ON EARTH IT IS THE RELIGION.BUT I SHOULD SAY WHEN WE TALKE ABOUT RELIGION WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL.
                        THIS MY FIRST TIME TO ANY PAKISTANI SITE AND I AM QUITE DISOPOINTED THY WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE WASTIN SUCH AN IMPORTANT MEDIA I MUST SAY FOR PAKISTANI PEOPLE(LITRATE ONES)THE SHOULD CONCENTRATE IN EQUIRING MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEK AND SIENCE HUMUINITES NEWS EXT
                        IT GOOD TO LET GO THE FRUSTRATUION YOU ALL HAVE IN SOME KIND BUT YOU HAVE TO PICK RIGHT WORDS FOR IT.YOU ALL REMEMBER RELIGION IS YOUR ID . THANKS SEYA

Comment

Assalam alaikum

frisky,

This turmoil is a direct result of muslims not behaving like muslims.

The whole of Pakistan and the rest of the fake muslim countries for example don't read namaaz.

Assalam alaikum

Comment

Huq Allah..Allah hou..Allah hou..

Comment

Mudassar and frisky!

The reason, why we talk about religion so much is, that we grew up with it. Our parents tried to teach us Islamic thoughts all our childhood long.

But on the other hand, especially we European or American Born Pakistanis face the reality of Islam, when we grow up. And this reality is, that Pakistan and the other "islamic" countries are not applying to Islamic Law.
                              Then we get confused to see, that these "goras", who mostly don't believe in god are more advanced economically, technically and socially compared to us.

The reason for that is, that our own people in Pakistan and all the other countries don't care about Islam and its rules.
                              The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Working...
                              X