HALLOWEEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HALLOWEEN

THIS IS KIND OF A RELGIOUS QUESTION, I GUESS BUT PLESE DON'T CLOSE THIS THREAD MUZNA. WHAT ARE U PPLS THOUGHTS ON HALOWEEN BEING HARAM/HALAL? I THINK THAT ITS OK, B/C IT JSUT A FUN TIME FOR LITTLE KIDS TO GET SOME CANDY AND DRESS UP. I GUESS IN THE OLD MEANING WHEN IT WASAGAINST THE DEVIL AND GHOSTS AND WITHCES AND ALLT HAT IT WAS WRONG, BUT I THINK ITS HARMLESS NOW. tHE RESON I'M ASKING IS B/C I KNOW THAT A FEW OF MY MOM'S FRIENDS DON'T ALLOW THEIR KIDS TO GO TRICK OR TREATING.
    ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
    ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited March 02, 2000).]

Comment

For those afore-mentioned moms and dads for that matter, it is a must keh unn ke bhejjey mei(n) bitthaao keh there is religion and there is fun and entertainment within limits where no one is restrained. I think halloween is one of those occassions too. You know, probably those parents are unaware of the non-religous context behind halloween. At least I am unaware of any religious affilition.
      However, I recently stopped participating in the April fool thingy cuz my blinded eyes were opened to the harsh reality of the past where this event had originated. If there is such a thing with Halloween too, then again I may change my mind.

[This message has been edited by Umar Talib (edited 10-01-98).]
      For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Umar Ji,

Bohot salaams.

Pehlay tow thanks for the laughs!!! loved the language of your post!!
        Secondly, I totally agree with you that if there is some very serious conflicts of interest that the occassion may happen to have with our religion, then definitely we are not going to be participants.

Comment

Working...
        X