Health warning - shampoo & toothpaste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health warning - shampoo & toothpaste

I received this in an e-mail from a friend. You may want to check this out. Maybe pass it onto your local consumer / health association to verify and take necessary action. Anybody in the Pennsylvania area? You may want to contact the person named at the end of the e-mail and verify and let us have feedback on the matter.

(In case this is a dud, I apologise in advance for the alarm).

"Check the ingredients listed on your shampoo bottle, and see if they have a substance by the name of Sodium Laureth Sulfate, or simply SLS. This substance is found in most shampoos, and the manufactures use it because it produces a lot of foam and it is cheap. BUT the fact is that SLS is used to scrub garage floors, and it is very strong.It is also proven that it can cause cancer in the long run, and this is no joke.
    Many such as Vo5, Palmolive, Paul Mitchell,
    the new Hemp shampoo, etc.. contains this substance. So I called one company, and I told them their product contains a substance that will cause people to have cancer. They said Yeah, we knew about it but there is nothing we can do about it because we need that substance to produce foam.
    By the way Colgate toothpaste also contains the same substance to produce the bubbles. Research has shown that in the 1980s, the chance of getting cancer was 1 out of 8000 and now, in the 1990s, the chances of getting cancer is 1 out of 3, which is very serious. So I hope that you will take this seriously and pass this on to all the
    people you know, and hopefully, we can stop giving ourselves cancer. This is serious, after you have read this, pass it on to as many people as possible,this is not a chain letter, but it concerns our health.

Michelle Hailey
    Executive Secretary
    University of Pennsylvania Health System Office of Legal Affairs
    (215) 662-2546"

firstly if that was true the companmy wouldnt admit to using it. there are plenty of other substances which produce foam and are non cancerous, i know this becoz i know my chemistry well.
    the rise in cancer may have something to do with where the information was taken from, increase in emmisions of gases, nuclear accidents etc etc. so dont believe what they are saying mate, its not true

------------------
    Nothing in this world has put so many men on their feet as the alarm clock
    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

Working...
    X