Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gora ya sanwala??

Hello everyone,

In Pakistan why MOST boys/men prefer "goora raang" yani fair complexion when selecting a life partner? Even their mothers look for this in their future daughter-in-laws?

Is there a flaw in our system?

I am just curious to know your thoughts on the matter.

Rizwana

It's simply a racist mentality. Leftover from the colonial days. Unfortunately it permeates the fabric of our society. Even a sanwla mother will look for a gora girl for her samwla son and vice versa. It seems to be requirement no. 1, placed way before anything else. In short, it's a real sickness.

Comment

Sarfraz
      I didn't say darker people die unmarried.
      well its the agony and tension that might be felt by a darker complexion girl that she is being reject 'cos she is not fair?? Why you think "stillman's bleach" cream and similar stuff in Pakistan is being sold so much??
      The usual slogan is " kalae raang nu goora kar de aur gorree nu chand warga...mutyaar snow...
      And Sarfraz have you been to Pakistan and have actually lived there???? Its there..very much indeed!
      Yasmeen i agree it is a sickness. But so afr i see no solutions. But the only people who can change this in desi society are boys/men!!

Allah Hafiz

Comment

Salaams all.
        I agree that it is a sickness but I'll tell you something about human nature.
        If your parents are of the typical " GORA - KALA " mentality then they will look for a mate for U that is closest to their own mentality and it does not matter if you are KALLOPATRA or A MY FAIRLADY.
        Before saying that there is a flaw in the system and start blaming it, please look at yourself and your background. The flaw is in the mentalities of each individual that thinks this way.

Later
        Zman

Comment

Riz,

Again, it is the same general belief that the other side of the hill is greener. As I also myself wish for a green card, a while ago I even didn't knew what it actually means.

Well, anyway, back to your kala/gora thing. Goras are wickedly wishing to become a little darker even for 2 weeks. Kalas are desparately trying to look fairer. People tend to believe that which is there is advantageous and which is not there is useful. It's the sweet hum of a distant drum.[OK]. So, we never are content under any condition. That's the curiousity which gives life. Otherwise, things are dead. Am I off tracking? I don't feel any tension. I am content with the way I am born. It's just the state of mind. If someone doesn't like my look, then he/she may take a walk. Or look for a cloned person. Jeez, world is full with choices - otherwise, it could have been very boring. Our planet Earth is the most colorful planet known to man. Bla...bla...bla....

Yes, I visit Pakistan every year or sometimes twice. So, what's the point. I stay there for 4-6 weeks. But I don't mixup with people too much, keeps them at arm's length. I go there for holidays not for conflicts.

In some cases I like kala rang - it's a very personal choice. Black beauty. But above all, I prefer harmony in everything. Bingo!!

Submit Reply!! CLICK - OKAY GO

Comment

Salam everyone

Points well made by all.
            Yes harmony is the essence of life.
            What forms a system? Isn't it the individuals? It starts with one person and then they group together and so the system forms. Various mentalities come together and that result in a system.
            So can we separate system from people and their mentalities?
            And in this case i think its not matter of few people, its many many individuals and that leads to a system.
            So can i just blame a certain background and not the system?

Allah Hafiz

Comment

Interesting observations by everyone! The point of color only arises when one is searching for a mate. It's the initial attention getter along with alot of other physical attractions (eyes, hair, etc.). Truthfully after marriage it's all the same. The most beautiful person you have chosen becomes oridinary when you see them in all lights of day. It's there inner beauty that keeps you attracted for a life time.

Comment

Working...
              X