Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in Darwin's Theory of Evolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you believe in Darwin's Theory of Evolution?

Assalam alaikum

As a Muslim I have always believed that we are all the progeny of Hadhrat Adam (A.S.), who was created in Jannah but somehow when I was studying Biology doubts crept into my mind about this fact. Although I still believed I could'nt say anything against Evolution.

Alhumdulillah Allah (S.W.T.) has rewarded my patience with clear proof against evolution.

Visit this website,

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/7595

and look under the section called 'Science and Islam'.

kh.

Mudassir

I have the conclusive evidence to support
    Darwin's theory, its goign to take me a bit to type this but. here goes..Now according to darwin, the natural selection process...

Oh ****, Aboo fell from the tree trying to pull the banana from Chacha jaan, I have to go see if he is well http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Oh well, next time I will discuss it in detail
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hey Mudassar, I don't believe in Darwin's theory of evouloution. I believe it states that us humans evoulized (is there a word such as that) from Apes (monkeys, almost the same thing). Anyways, if we evoulized by them how did they come into evouloution and if they evoulized from some other being how did they come into evouloution? Somewhere along the line someone had to create them.

Comment

Do any of you really understand what theory of evolution really says? To state that all it means is that we evolved from apes is rather over-simplifying it. Try and get hold of a goob book but a biologist like Steven Jay Gould or someone who knows their stuff. It's interesting, and it's sure not so simple.

Comment

No.

By the way, the modern research has already rejected it. And so the theories of Freud.

Comment

WHAT modern research had rejected WHAT???

When theories are first put forward they tend to be over simplified and sometimes partly wrong. With the passage of time, most of these are refined. SOME of what Darwin and Freud said has been disproved, but SOME has not. SOME has actually been borne out by the passage of time. Only someone who is very superficial can say that scientific theories of such monumental importance have been "disproved". Very little in life is either black or white, and very boring it would be if it were. And what have you read about Darwin and Freud, except that someone decided that have been disproved.

Comment

Dear Shirin,

I am not a theorist, scientist, or very much religious either. What I earlier posted is a result of research done by the people of the same field. I just heard in the news.

Ape and man are totally a different speci. Ape is not descendent of man or vice versa. People have checked and verified using DNA technology and archeological research. We stand next to each other but not an outcome of either side. Totally independent. Are sharks descended of whales? HI virus of salmonela. You out of me...common sense. Yes, you and me belong to the same animal kingdom but sure not you out me or vice versa. Am I right?

Moral http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gifo not engage in useless activities.

Comment

Assalam alaikum

Darwin's theory clearly states that man evolved from apes and scientists make theories all the time but the way the scientists tried to prove Darwin's theory is the dodgy part. They fixed ape skulls with Human jaws and vice versa.

If the theory, and lets not forget its only a theory and not reality, was true then we would see apes evolving into humans all around us. If we did evolve from apes then how is it that we are very different in all aspects.

When Darwin visited Australia and saw that the aboriginal people were eating from the land i.e. bugs, roots, fruits and vegetables and he saw the way that they dressed and looked he said that they were at an inbetween stage of evolving from apes to humans. You see darwin's theory says that the white man is at the top of the evolutionary scale, which is one of the reasons why he and his fellow scientists allowed white men to have kids with aboriginal women but not vice versa. They also brought up the kids with english values so there was no more eating off the land and they destroyed aboriginal culture.

kh.

Comment

I'll give it one last try.
                  The theory of evolution as we understand it today DOES NOT SAY THAT MAN EVOLVED FROM AN APE. What is understood is that there is a common ancestor, but that both men and apes have evolved away from that. Of course, God created man. He created evolution, didn't he?
                  The time that evolution requires is millions of years. So there is no way you will see apes becoming men!!! Perhaps, though if you are a microbiologist, like I am, you will see bacterial mutation. To me, that is something fascinating and marvellous. It shows that change is possible. What an incredible mechanism. It makes me think what a lot of detail there is in everything on earth.It doesn't mean that if you believe in this that Allah does not exist.

Comment

Assalam alaikum

Shirin,

Have you actually read the article I was pointing to?

The article explains that a common ancestry cannot exist. There is no fossilised proof. It says in the article:

Many evolutionists have tried to argue that humans are 99% similar chemically to apes and blood precipitation tests do indicate that the chimpanzee is people's closest relative. Yet regarding this we must observe the following: "Milk chemistry indicates that the donkey is man's closest relative." "Cholesterol level tests indicate that the garter snake is man's closest relative." "Tear enzyme chemistry indicates that the chicken is man's closest relative." "On the basis of another type of blood chemistry test, the butter bean is man's closest relative."

kh.

Comment

Yes, I have.
                      I was impressed by the fact that he has argued his theory well, but he has chosen to ignore a lot of scientific proof. Actually, he has chosen to ignore ALL the scientific proof in favor of evolution. Actually, human milk is biologically speaking VERY similar to that of other primates. Do you need biochemical proof? There are some similarities with marine mammals. But human milk is more similar to that of monkeys than that of rabbits, for instance. When you have time to read something from the "other side" then let me know what you think. So long!

Comment

Well anthropologists still believe that evolution of the man took place somewhere in Namibia on the flanks of a River (forgot the name) Anthropoid to magnum foramen to homosapiens, it all happened there. Still the closest cousin of a man is a baboon living in Madagascar, this all proves that Darwin was right.

But if u look at the man from Eden, He landed somewhere in Mid. east. And scientists, after taking DNA tests of women from different parts of the world, recently concluded that all these genes lead to a single woman i.e. Eve.

As far as scientific theories are concerned one supersedes other though itís considered to be a FACT.

Now dost choice is yours, Iím still searching my roots.

Cheers,
                        Kaleem

Comment

As far as evolution goes, I'm not sure whether it did or did not take place. I don't think we could ever prove it either. When it comes to humans though, I believe that we don't have any common ancestors with any other species. I believe that our ancestors don't go back any farther than Adam and Eve.

Comment

Assalam alaikum

It is true that bacterial mutation does occur but how do you know that this mutation leads to a higher order. If you say that humans are constantly evolving or changing, but, so is the environment. How do you know that this change isn't due to the effect of the environment on the human and not because a human wants to get to a higher order i.e. is this change an action or a reaction?

What I have learnt about the evolution theory is that it isn't just used in science it is used in all walks of life. For example we hear phrases such as 'change is for the better' and people seem to think that the modern times are better than times past. I think that most people use the evolution theory without realising it.

kh.

Comment

people people...please calm down and take a deep breath. now, i got some news that will shock you. islam believes in evolution. not the way you are all thinking either. now before you all jump on my case, there is a passage in the quran that proves what i have to say. i just have to go and find it again. it will take time, so bear with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X