Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DESIES & my observation

Hereis a question
    1) What impression do u get when u hear the word DESI?
    ans: I THINK (I hope i'm allowed to think here)
    The first thing which comes to mind is a grocery store cum cafe in big city, down town. Four or five desi brothers sitting on a table with their cabs parked out side blocking the street...discussing paki politics & benazir. Well, u sit next to their table and can't ignore over hearing, they r abusing here and there and exchanging "R" jokes. Things get more funny when they start making big time typical desi Asumptions and back biting another brother.
    Suddenly some desi "sister" enters the cafe and everyone gets quiet. Everyone is obligated to stare at the sister and hold the conversation till she is out of the door.
    Its time for the check (bill for the 4 teas), one leaves for the restroom, the other one has to get his cab out of the way right that momoent, third one has some milnay wala to say hi to and the last one puts the bill in his udhar khata and leaves.

BoSS

Unfortunately I couldn't see this scene anywhere here in London, I sometimes go to Desi areas like Green street, Ilford, Hounslow, Southall etc etc. But usually to get halal meat. Some of my relatives live in those areas as well but only there if they call me or if there is a function like wedding etc etc. I dont even go for birthday parties and my usual excuse is, sorry I am working late.

Comment

Najim sahib TOO BAD hehe...ok! come over to chicago or N.Y and you will see the mehfil.

and plz don't work late...it is embarassing for ur loving relatives.

BoSS

Comment

Yaar u r right (pehli duffa).

Unfortunately, 80% of Limo-drivers in NY are Pakis. and half of them are MS in some field but driving limo....why????
        dinero amigo, "Daalur" makes them do this, pity yanky panky pakis.

Only one thing is missing from your "mehfil" i.e. Paaan woh bhee putti wala.
        Cheers,
        Kaleem

Comment

I know about these type of mehfils in Newyork and Chicago you are right, particularly in Newyork. Taxi driving is the best profession in the opinion of Asylum Seeker Pakistanis all over the world.

Comment

Working...
          X