More to the world than what is presented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More to the world than what is presented

There is more to the world than what is presented to you... meaning, we don't live in a "la la land"... There is evil in this world. Do people ignore it? Yes, majority do. Will they suffer because of this ignorance? If not them, their children will,, only time will tell.

How much of your time is spent between watching movies/junk shows vs current events shows/news? Do you believe whatever is presented to you by the media? Do you investigate?

So why are we so ignorant? indifferent?
    And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Re: More to the world than what is presented

I recommend everyone who believes media to watch "Wag the Dog"

that is the only truth about media related junk.

No, I don't like watching t.v. except if its a favourite show, but now that everything comes in stores on dvd's u can select and limit your watching, and I go with that.
    We all have to sieve out the contents of just about anything before consuming, to rid ourselves of taking in the impurities ofcourse
    "Better the devil you know than the angel you don't." Hama Tuma

Comment

ok tell me which news channel was the most authentic 1 ..desi or Valietee whtever ..if any share
      Stay Present,
      stay pleasant,
      stay proud

Comment

Yar saray he Gup chorthay hain, humaree tarha

Comment

nope ... every1 is working for their own cause .... no1 care abt sach or jhoooot http://www.paklinks.com/gs/images/smilies/pagli.png
          Stay Present,
          stay pleasant,
          stay proud

Comment

haN trooo yar. Jis ki lathii jis ko ya usi ko sajay? :halo:

Comment

And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

I'll tell you after kyon kay saas bhi kabhi bhaaoo thi.
                I'm quite illiterate, but I read a lot.

Comment

hmm when i was young i used to watch tv then i gradually started cutting back. it is called idiot box for a reason. now i occassionally watch it, as for do i believe it? i am very very skeptical

Comment

I watch TV a little more now than ever before because Im home these days. I generally rent movies and watch them but I dnt just watch shows all day long. I find that mind numbing and a waste of my day. For news, I go online to BBC and Washingtonpost.com.
                    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

hmm this thread was not just about watching tv or not...

Do you think people live in their own little world and complain about their pathetic little issues they have when there is a world outside with 6 billion people facing thousands of far more serious problems. Do they ever take a minute to find out what really goes on?

Someone mentioned washingtonpost, that's a not a real source. They are run by the same people who run everything else in America. What makes us think they will have something different?

Comment

Actually I think there is far too much negative media. This thread is saying there is even more than we already get. I must agree, but I think we are ignoring the many good things that happen.

I am sure that if there were no GOOD people left then this world would be over very soon. I think instead of concerntrating on the bad media or the hidden censored evil news, we should focus on what is good and sensationalise the honorable things to bend society back to a normal way.
                        The Prophet(SAW) said:
                        "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Working...
                        X