desi with pardesi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desi with pardesi

I was cogitating over this thing that how some desi boys marry a gori ...
    A girl with completely different culture, upbringing, language.
    I mean its easier for ABCDs but for a consummate desi guy or a girl?
    Like goris are very open..u know what i mean.

And how a desi girl can manage with a gora...

Do you think its good ?And will u marry a gora or gori?
    Love arrives on tiptoe and bangs the door when it leaves

Originally posted by sameenji View Post
    Like goris are very open..u know what i mean.
    can you please elaborate ?

kiyaa goray insaan naheeN hotaY ?
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by AQ View Post
      can you please elaborate ?

kiyaa goray insaan naheeN hotaY ?

They are humans...i mean they are different ,their upbringing is different.
      I donot think its easy for a complete desi guy or girl to marry a gora or gori.

Comment

Re: desi with pardesi

what i have seen is, if desi guy marries a gori then goris follows desi culture and rituals more than the desi guy does.
        "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

what if it is dehaat kee alhaR dosheeza

After all, JJ sang this song for desi-gories....

gori dar tujhay kiss kaa hai
          teraa tau ra'ng goraa hai

but then, he also sang

SaaNwli Saloni see mehboobaa....

I waited for a long time to hear the sequal for

Kaali kaloti see mehboobaa

but it never happened and he actually stopped singing
          Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by zobia View Post
            what i have seen is, if desi guy marries a gori then goris follows desi culture and rituals more than the desi guy does.
            hmmm...desi boys are at times very mean to them.
            They marry them for the sake of green card n then ruin their lives.

but then, he also sang

I have never heard these songs...i think these are pakistani songs..right?

Comment

sameenji: are you indian ?

Comment

Desi guys and goriyan ki bari banjaati hai because desi khoooooooob khidmatein adn tareefein kertay hain gori ke chahe woh goriyon mein sab se maathi gori hi kyoon naa ho .
                "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

Comment

but then, he also sang

yeh gana us ney Pakistani larkyoon ke liye gaya thaa
                  "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

Comment

I think it may be difficult for a desi guy or girl that wasnt born and raised in the US to marry a gori or gora. However, its not impossible. Those couple that fall in love make every effort to overcome differences and create their own little world where the similarities and differences are not causes for conflict anymore. Ive seen so many couples where its turned to be a complete success, Mashallah!!!

This one woman I met as a child with my mother left me speechless. She spoke perfect Urdu (learned it from her MIL), cooked desi food, her kids went to Islamic school, etc. Likewise, Ive met couples where the guy is gora and the girl is desi. My mom's friend's son in law is gora and he helps her cook desi food all the time.

The thing is, differences can exist when the couple is of the same origin as well. IMO, its about how much effort you are willing to put into your relationship and how much love there is between the two involved.
                    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Love is blind. It doesn't see color of your skin. You feel you can overcome any obstacle for the sake of love .....

When you actually get the love - then The Great Tragedy starts
                      For some they comprosmise and come to a harmony, others don't. This is one of those things you won't know until it take place.

If you are thinking in terms of logically picking a partner from a different culture - yes it is hard and its quite rare.

P.S: Although we perceive western culture , how they are potrayed in hollywood. In reality, I know people who don't drink (by choice), don't eat pork (by religion), beleive in 1 God (yet they are Christians)
                      [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

i agree...i wonder this too at times. Though i have a british aunt and she is quite nice. But i somehow can never see myself marrying someone non desi and there are various reasons for that;

1. Religion- though they can always convert but i rather have them convert for the religion than for me...u know wat i mean.

2. Cultural difference- i am pretty fine with all most of the cultures n their celebrations n all that...meaning i have spent yrs in canada n celebrated christmas n all but thats that...it gets complicated when u marry someone from a diff culture as there r bound to be diff customs, norms, etc.....which r fine at first but later esp when u have kids there r bounds to be misunderstandings n all unless ur very open minded which i am not...

3. Way of thinking- ofcourse people from diff religion/culture will have a diff way of thinking which mite nt be wrong but mite conflict with yrs or be too hard for u to digest...though i have seen people adjusting wonderfully to their spouses but i know i wudnt want any1 to change that much for me and neither myself to change that much for any1....

having said that there r many cases where it has worked out perfectly for people and thats great...but its just somethin i dont see myself very comfortable with.

Comment

Working...
                        X