Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradford

Can anybody please enlighten me on the lifestyle of Bradford desis? Is it really paindu as depicted in this article or provided that these desis have been here from the 1950s i'd think they'd be a little more modern and open minded after all that time. Just interested I like to learn of new society. Can u please confirm if the article is a true representation of society in terms where urdu is considered really modern and 80% of the people wear niqab. I think its so interesting. And can somone post pics of the really desi places just wanna see! thanks.

LETTER FROM BRADFORD: Breathless in Bradistan -DAWN - The Review; June 12, 2008

Re: Bradford

Err so there is no one here from the UK area?

Comment

Or did I just post this in the wrong section?

Comment

There's plenty of ducks from UK, give it 24 hrs, and they'll show up ... not alot of peepz are as visible as they are in later hrs.
        "Better the devil you know than the angel you don't." Hama Tuma

Comment

wow well i have been to bradford(or bradistian as some ppl call it) and u know wat it aint all that bad and i think the article is overly exgerated

Comment

I haven't read the article yet, but I find Bradford to be backward in the sense that it has a village like feel to it iyswim. Everyone knows each other (bridari system)......and there isn't much in the sense of employment/opportunities. However, it is warm and welcoming!

Comment

i have lived there for a few months..its a nightmare..i really didnt like anything abt it..its quite old and looks so cheap dirty buildings and reallly not worth living ....if ur in uk i wuld prefer other cities like birmingham leicester coventry etc etc but hell not bradford
              there r more ppl from pak than from indian...most of them r mirpuri and hell the living style its really paindu ..u will hardly see any goras but desis everywhere women in shalwar kameez naqb etc etc
              ***Behekti Chokri***

Comment

When I was kid, I visited bradford in the 1980's many times. Back then, it was a mainly a Sikh majority area but gradually as 2nd generation Sikhs became richer they moved out and these days it's mostly poor pakistani punjabis.

And yes, bradford desi exist in a delayed time zone. Most of them (including the 1st generation Sikhs) came straight from the pind.
                However, Sikhs assimilated while pakistanis have preferred to remain isolated.
                just another useless troll

Comment

Depends which area u talkin about there are clean areAS Too

For exampl, I am from Glasgow and there are good and clean areas nd there are bad and dirty areas

Man o Man since these chikos came gandh hee Gandh

Prostitution day time

Comment

Working...
                  X