did i do the wrong thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did i do the wrong thing?

At work today somenoe gave me an iphone, saying they had found it in the mens' locker room. i took it and kept it in my drawer. Since i was working most of the day, my first intention was to take it home and try to find the guy on facebook and let him know that I have it. TheN i thought it might not be a good idea to hold on to it b/c it will then become my responsibility. By the time i was leaving work, the lost and found would be closed. So around the end of my shift, I asked one of my coworkers if she knew the guy in the phon, and she said no. She decided to leave the phone in the main office (its closed til monday), she said our supervisor was there and knew about it. I forgot abt it and got ready to leave.

Now i found teh guy on facebook and im getting ready to send him a msg..but now i'm worried, that i should've stuck with my first decision, keep it with me.. b/c what if the phone is gone, it's taken, or it was never turned in to begin with?

So before I do tell him anything, i mean what do i do? the office is closed until Monday. Should I go ahead and msg the guy? Should I even be worrying at all? And most importantly...am i going to be in serious trouble if he doesn't get it back???
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Re: did i do the wrong thing?

I would hold off until you get to work and make sure its there. What is the use of you messaging him and its not even there anymore (K)? It makes you look bad otherwise, kwim?
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

donnot message him yet. wait until monday. see if the iphone is still there just in case. because if you tell him now and say incase it is not there phir khei woh yeh na soche keh you had something to do with it not being there or even missing.

when you see it and still no one claimed it. then take it with you and message him on weekday until he contacts you to get it.

Comment

but he might get worried, if u wont gonna inform him

besides there are ppl who know that u have the phone.

i dont know...but what if u inform him and tell him that u left in the office?

cuz no matter what it was his mistake to leave it on the first place,and it wasn't ur responsibility to take care of his phone.
        "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

by now he has called the company and the phone is "locked" unless it's a diff system in states. and no need to worry about some stranger's phone that much.. just wait it out, if it's there return it to lost and found, if not then too bad.........
          And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

Why would you be in serious trouble... if he lost it, it shouldn’t be your responsibility to deliver it to him unless you work under the lost and found? Even if you do message him just let him know what you did with it... I don’t think it was your responsibility to hold on to it nor should you get in trouble for turning it in to the office. Don’t worry.
            "A woman should be two things: Classy and Fabulous"

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Working...
            X