Topi/Cap - A Religious Icon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topi/Cap - A Religious Icon?

I like this guy (in a 'ishq kind of way) and he always wears this topi so I bought one exactly the same..

Now everyone calls me "Sufi"!!!! lol

I don't even wear it for religious reasons.

Aren't caps a Jewish thing? I didn't think Muslims wore them for religious reasons as well. I mean I even went to the Mosque bare headed before I started wearing this for fashion.

I don't think there's any Koranic verse (or even Prophetic Tradition) saying "thou shalt cover thine head" to men...

So why is topi a symbol of religiousness?

I just think it looks plain sexy and good practice for the future when male-pattern baldness kicks in.

It's a fashion accesory innit, especially those Qandahari/Sindhi ones, in England I had a crush on a guy who wore a Qandahari/Sindhi topi, I wanted one so badly to be like him...
    Shab-e-Intezaar Aakhir Kabhi To Ho Gi Mukhtasar Bhi
    Yeh Chiraagh Bhuj Rahey Hain Mere Saath Jaltey Jaltey

Re: Topi/Cap - A Religious Icon?

yaar, band karo yeah topi drama
    People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Payaray nabi (p.b.u.h.) used to cover his head with pag or kulla type thing so its not a fashion.Jewish weat small caps which are fixed to their heads and Hazrat Mohammad (p.b.u.h.) used to wear different kind of cap.

yaar, band karo yeah topi drama
      "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

Comment

Or get urself a Sulemani Topi

Comment

Originally posted by Clementine View Post
          Or get urself a Sulemani Topi

wo kahan say

Comment

Originally posted by desi ostrich View Post
            wo kahan say
            mujhay kia pata, main ne kia dukan kholi hai sulemani topion ki?

Comment

Originally posted by desi ostrich View Post
              wo kahan say
              omar-oayyar ke zambeil se mangwa lo
              "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

Comment

waise bhi sulemani topi ki dukaan kholtay hee dukaan ghaa'eb ho jaa'ai gi
                People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by TLK View Post
                  waise bhi sulemani topi ki dukaan kholtay hee dukaan ghaa'eb ho jaa'ai gi
                  bhaijan aap topi sar pe rakhay baghair baichna.. it only works if you put it on ur head

Comment

double post
                    Last edited by Kori; Nov 24, 2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ume-zafeerah View Post
                      Payaray nabi (p.b.u.h.) used to cover his head with pag or kulla type thing so its not a fashion.Jewish weat small caps which are fixed to their heads and Hazrat Mohammad (p.b.u.h.) used to wear different kind of cap.

Didn't the Prophet (S) also wear a kurta (tunic) or one of those Arabian jubba (robe) things?

How come they're not considered sacred?

For Muslims who believe in the Tradition/Narrations I can understand them growing a beard because the Prophet (S) is reported to have specifically ordered men to let their beards grow and trim their moustaches... Just as he is reported to have ordered men to be covered from atleast navel to knee but just as he didn't specify a certain kind of dress I don't think he ordered men to cover their heads (I think it's a personal/cultural preference)...

...I could be wrong and there might be such a Narration but I've not found one so far.

Lots of men at the Mosque have scolded me for being bare headed in the Lord's House but they're not ones with enough brains to have a theological debate with, to them it just seems disrespectful, nothing scriptual, back in England it's disrespectful to cover your head at church, it's just cultural conditioning.

In a lot of Arabian countries men don't even consider it neccesary to wear a cap during prayers.

I've never seen north African men cover their heads in prayer even though they might otherwise wear one.
                      Last edited by Kori; Nov 24, 2008, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X