Is Duppatta going out of Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Duppatta going out of Style

Now a days we have in fashion a capri shalwaars and kameez and no duppattas or no full sleeves in Pakistan.It is getting truly Westernize is it a good news or bad news in terms of modest dressing?Will these kind of dresses make us famous or civilized?
    Last edited by UZ; Nov 20, 2008, 06:09 PM.
    "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

oi stop drinkin so much tea

Comment

It doesn't harm me its virtual. :Chai: In real life I cannot drink tea.

Comment

Re: Is Duppatta going out of Style

in the west, these days scarf are pretty popular.

whereas pakistan.... Gul Ahmed's lawn suits are around 3K

so itni mhengai main bunday kapray kahan say baneya

well joke aside, u cant really say what exactly a trend over there...cuz some are wearing long long shirts with capriz, some are wearing short short shirts with capriz, some are wearing normal, etc etc.
        "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

Yeah but the point is whatever they are wearing they are not wearing hijaab or scaarf or duppattas.Pehlay naam kaa pehn leti theen ab woh bhi nahi so what message are they providing as a muslim.

Comment

question is was it ever a style statement

Comment

Originally posted by ume-zafeerah View Post
              Yeah but the point is whatever they are wearing they are not wearing hijaab or scaarf or duppattas.Pehlay naam kaa pehn leti theen ab woh bhi nahi so what message are they providing as a muslim.
              well duppatta and scarf are used as as symbol of hayaa and modesty...now they are hayaa say paak-o-saaf.

ume api app ki sooch bhut backward hoti ja rahi hai

jab k yeh rawaj to Islam say phele k hain
              "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

Originally posted by lifeless View Post
                yep...especially 60z...during ayub khans time.

abhi to phir bhut baray baray doppatay hotay hian...at that time they use to wear the those really small gauze kinda-doppattas (young girls wear in Pakistan)

Comment

Originally posted by lifeless View Post

I think style here is used as a metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by zobia View Post
                    well duppatta and scarf are used as as symbol of hayaa and modesty...now they are hayaa say paak-o-saaf.

ume api app ki sooch bhut backward hoti ja rahi hai

jab k yeh rawaj to Islam say phele k hain
                    I am a proud backward koii iteraaz.

Comment

I am a proud backward koii iteraaz.

ps. btw yeh app kia flickr say pic ura ura ker avatar chage ker rahi hain

Comment

Originally posted by zobia View Post

ps. btw yeh app kia flickr say pic ura ura ker avatar chage ker rahi hain
                        ji nahi yeh mein ne safe kiye hoay hain

Comment

ji nahi yeh mein ne safe kiye hoay hain
                          kis say safe ker leya app nay

Comment

Dupatta seems to be going out of style in the east but it seems to be thriving in the west. In fact, now that its cold here I sometimes take some of my more casual dupattas and use them as scarves/mufflers. Its a great splash of color on my all black coat and sooooo genuine!

Okay, seriously...I adore dupattas. I wear them properly and not just like a sliver of cloth in my neck. But thats just me.
                            Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

wearing a dupatta in general is still very much the 'thing' in Pakistan. in bazaars and restaurants, if a girl is wearing a shalwar kameez there will be a dupatta to go with it, ofcourse if she is wearing jeans or capris with t-shirts then no dupatta.

the fact is that shalwar kameez is absolutely incomplete without a dupatta, it just looks very odd, even from a stylelized point of view...all these designers may be making sleeveless shirts and capri shalwars but there is always a dupatta accompanying the oufit. and trust me majority of the girls/women are still wearing quite covered up decent clothes, very small % follwing the fashion to a T by baring all.

Comment

Working...
                              X