Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslims in America

Assalamualikum,
    I am a Muslim teen in America. I am not the a very religous person, but i REALLY try to be a good muslim. My friends are just like me, we don't do drugs and alchol, etc. we still hang out with our American friends and do stuff with them. We don't have boyfriends/girlfriends like they do. I have friends that are boys but not like that. I personally am not allowed to go to Boy/Girl parties, but that i don't protest b/c i know it is for my own good. I am not a hijabi, but i plan to wear a debuta/scarf some day. And i don't think you have to modify your religion, it is Very Tough but if you really believe in Allah, then you know someday it'll pay off.

~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
    ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

YOU SOUND LIKE MUQADDIR'S COUSIN... IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM LET ME TELL YOU.
    I went to my cousin sister house in amrica. She was very butiful but verry bad to. One day her parents went out. She called over her ladki frends to the house. They wer verry butiful to. Then they called boys to come over and the boys brought sharaab. I say my cousin sister that I tell her abba. Her frend told me not to and she smile at me. She was so butiful I couldnot say no. I almost lost my ghusl. When boys come they went out to the poul. Everyon was wearing their swimming costume so I put on my banyan and chaddi and I go there to swim to. The ladkiaan were wering the bakini and they were so butiful. I saw the boys holding the girls. The girls wer butiful and I wanted to touch them. The boys wernot wering the banyans so I take off my banyan to. Then I saw a boy rubing a ladki's bak, so I sat down next to a ladki and toch her bak. She say me to get lost. But I try again. I lost my ghusl. She slap me. Then boys come and one boy punch my belli. Bastad abcd! Then more boys hold my hand and feet and start hitting my belli. Then the girls started the lafing and call me stinki refugi and loozer. The boys also laf and callme lalloo pait. They hit my belli so much that I wanted to do the ultee. Then they make me stand and pull of my chaddi and thro my chaddi over the fence. They take me on diwing bored and push me in the paani. After I come out of the paani, my cousin sister come with the bottle of sharaab and hit me in my ball. I falled to the ground and it pain me verry much. Besharam ladki just go on laffing at me. Nice pakistani admee should be verry care-full of abcd besharam ladki.
    YOU SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF THE COUNTRY.... YOU GIRLS MAKE PEOPLE LIKE MUQADDIR FEEL UNWANTED. YOU SUCK!!!

Comment

Hello 714,
      I am a muslim teen living in Canada and honestly I don't find much to sympathize with you. Its harder still for me because the number of muslims in Canada is very low from the ones living in Canada. As for Hijab, you will leave it to someday till the last day of your life. There is no better time than right now. I know its hard but you have to take a stand. Islam says that girls should wear hijab. By not wearing it you are modifying your religion no matter what you want yourself to believe.
      P.S. I feel really bad for that guy but it was his fault too.

P.S.S. I am sorry if any of my comments hurt you but I was just stating the facts.

[This message has been edited by Rida.]

Comment

AA-
        Hello Rida, yes my cousin Naseer lives in Canada, i took no offense to what you said, but no you are wrong, i am planning to wear hijab in college, i am going ot be starting my freshman year in high school but can i ask you, do you wear hijab? Hijab is a vey hard thing, And i wan't asking for sympathy anywhere. Actually, my frinds are very understanding and unprejidiced against me. One of my best friends is a muslim and she is in my grade. And i am not modifying religion.
        ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin

Comment

Dear 714,
          Dont do it . This is probably the best advice you will ever get in your life from an unknown source. If you are not very relegious I dont understand why you want to take such a big decesion. Dont invite pain in to your life. You will be viewed as a symbol of relegion, soon you will be miserable . You will be trapped. Then if you want to do something a little fun people will say " She is a hypocrite" . So DONT DO IT
          Stud

Comment

Stud,
            Kya aap ne kabhi dupatta pehna hai? Aap ko kya pata ke kitney khubsurat feeling hoti hai, to know that you are not only following your religion's guidelines but are also expressing your femininity.

On the practical side of things, 714, you'll never have a bad hair day if you wear hijab

It may be difficult at first, you may feel funny, etc, but girl, if you grew up here and resisted drugs, alcohol, boyfriends, etc., you done good. And you can do this, too.

I wish you all the luck in the world.
            Yasmeen

P.S. Someone should remove this "muqaddir" crap from the forum or at least restrict it to the R=rated section. It's graphic and disgusting. http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Comment

Assalam alaikum

As Hijab is hard for a woman growing up in the west, the same can be said of a man who keeps a beard. I have a beard and it makes me more aware of the fact that I am a Muslim and a certain type of behaviour is demanded of me which will make me a Muslim. You'll be more aware of Halaal and Haraam.

It will act as a sort of a filtering system i.e. it will keep the wrong sort of people away from you and the right people will come closer to you and even some of the people that you know will not want to know you but you will also make new friends. I think that once you make the intention of wearing it don't turn back and don't say I'll do it tomorrow do it right now after reading this message. Once you wear it you'll definitely get a lot of suggestions from shaytaan about why you shouldn't keep it. Allah (S.W.T.) has created the human to be superior to shaytaan and although shaytaan has the ability to suggest haraam acts to us, we can always say no. The human soul is very strong and what makes it stronger is rememberance and fear of Allah.

kh.

Comment

Dear 714,
                Don't listen to these people they dont have a clue about life. Hijab is only good for those girls who are brought up to wear it as a culture. Like the Arab women or some conservative women in Pakistan. But if you were not taught to wear it from the begining and want to take it up As a choice THEN DONT DO IT . You sound like a decent person you already refrain from drugs and other bad things why do you want to Go in to something you have no idea about. Later on in college life you may want to go out with someone , or even go clubbing. You may want to go to a mela or a fair. Even the most simplest of things will become very difficult for you.
                Hijab works for those women who are not very attractive. Then they can apear graceful. But if you are an attractive girl why hide it? Trust me on this one. Putting a peice of cloth over your head will not bring you closer to Paradise. This is AMerica you are more noticed if you cover your head as opposed to not covering it . So think before you take such a wrong decesion.
                Caring Stud

Comment

Dear 714,

If you believe strongly in something just go ahead and do it and don't succumb to peer pressure or temptation. Sensible people will respect you for your maturity of mind and thought, and those who don't, well they are not worth having as friends. And before you dorn the hijab, make an effort to learn the true meaning of the term 'Hijab'. Merely covering your head is not hijab. Combined with this outward display of feminity is your
                  intention or 'niyat' to refrain from doing what is not right. You will see that once you take a stand and abide by it, others will start respecting you. We as Muslims must not give up our beliefs simply because someone else doesn't like them. Everyone of us must have sinned sometime in our lives.. in other word no one is a saint, but I hope we all strive to follow as much of the religion as we can and may Allah give us the strength to do it. Good luck.

Antidote

Comment

I HONESTLY SAY... ASK BREAST AUGMENTOR OR IRON MAN... THEY HELP ME A LOT...
                    YOUR NOT BLIEVEING ME.. BUT IT'S TRUE. I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD BUY THIS THING BUT THEY TOLD ME NOT TOO BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST!! I'LL TELL THEM TO GIVE YOU ADVICE.

P.S. DON'T TELL ANYONE BESIDES BITTERSWEET.. BREAST AUGMENTOR AND IRON SHAVE EACH OTHERS LEGS... BUT YOU DIDN'T HEAR IT FROM ME!

Comment

Dear 714,

If you are ready to start wearing hijab, then go for it. You have managed to stay away from many other temptations, and that's very good. As stud mentionned, if you try to do something a little fun, people will call you a hypocrite. But you need to remember one thing-- if you wear hijab, you do it to please Allah, not other people who are hypocrites themselves. Of course none of us are perfect, but we should do what we can when we can. The following analogy can be made for this situation: you are writing an exam, you don't know all the answers, but you should answer what you do know. This way, you will still be in a better position than if you leave the test blank, because you don't know few of the answers.

B*****ng of people who are practicing Muslims is a common practice. You will often see that if a Maulana makes a small mistake of some sort, it will be seen as being a million times worse than if the lay person does it. People can brand you as being religious for one of the two reasons: because they trust you, or because they are weak and are looking for an excuse not to practice religion themselves. Most of them brand you for the second reason. These people are the bigger hypocrites. They themselves will drink, dance, eat haram food and a bunch of other things that I won't describe right now, and won't give their own actions a second thought, but if they see a Muslim man at any place where there's a bar, even if he doesn't drink, then they will make a huge issue out of it.

Non practicing Muslims expect practicing Muslims to be perfect, but don't care about how bad they themselves are. I myself have a beard and go to the Mosque daily for my prayers. Sometimes people try to justify their own short comings with the absurd excuse that I watch T.V. Trust me, it's their loss, not mine. If someone is going to be stupid, they'll do it with or without justifying their faults with the actions of others. So this shouldn't be much of an issue for you. Besides, this is not often done by non-muslims if at all. It is usually done by Muslims.

So the bottom line is that you should do what you can when you can. Stud may be right when he says that you will have to be careful about what you do, but chances are if you are ready to start wearing the hijab, then you'll probably also resent a lot of the things you aren't supposed to do. And in reality (at least in Canada), now a man having a beard or a woman wearing hijab will not draw any more attention than anyone else. With all the freaks with all kinds of body piercing walking around everywhere, if they don't draw a lot of attention, chances are that you won't either when you wear the hijab.

Assalamualaikum.

Comment

The Bottom line is Dont Do it.

Comment

Thanx 2 all those who agreed and stud, you sound like you care and you seem nice, but i could not help b/c one of my dearest friends who is a senior in HS now started weaing hijab last year, She still has her friends, she is more popular now then she was b-4, she is pretty, and thin. She is president of a club at the HS and of our youth group,she was on the tennis team for about 3 yrs, and she is probably trying out again. she is very intelligent. I am very proud of hre for having the guts. I also did not like how some of you, i know who didn't meant to be, were very judgemental, I have read in islamic books and heard from a lot of ppl. that only Allah is allowed to judge someone no matter how bad they may be so i think that maybe you guys should lay off the hypocrite stuff
                          ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin

Comment

Working...
                          X