Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name ? Personality ?

hey ppl ! ~http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hula.gif~

i was just wonderin the other day... that i've heard a lot about 'name affectin ur personality' n all... is this really true? cos well. .. my name sure does... thats another thin .. it relates to sumthin which is 'furz' for us muslims .. ... N e ways.. the point i want to make is i really want to know about ur opinion .. n does ur name really affects ur personality?!?!?

Cheers.. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hehe.gif

------------------
    *I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
    *That myth is more potent than history.
    *That dreams are more powerful than facts.
    *That hope always triumphs over experience.
    *That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    *And I believe that love is stronger than death.

No I don't agree with you.

Look my name is SOUBIA, its the name of that lady who had offered her milk to our Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) for the first time.

But in my case, its my belive that Hazrat Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the last prophet and no prophet will come after him.(Sorry to our Ahmadi Bhai/Bhens). Henec I will not be in position to follow the foot marks of Hazrat SOUBIA......

------------------

Comment

Soubia bibi:

Aren't you taking things a bit too literally? Well, for starters, pls find out the meaning of word 'Soubia', and then think whether that meaning reflects on your personality. I am 100% sure you can't follow in the footsteps of Bibi Soubia who offered her milk.

If someone names their kid 'Suleman', pls advise them not to expect the child to be commanding all the jinn, animals and birds. http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hehe.gif

Re: the question... I know there is a hadith (my shia friends, pls excuse me!) which suggests that kids should be given 'good' names. 'Good' has been explained as 'having a good meaning'.

Anyway, whether the name affects the personality, I really dunno. It may. But there are many many factors which affect the personality, so if you name your kid 'Daniyal', and expect the baby to be a genius, well... hmmmm... kinda hard for me to accept it. But its possible.

Have fun!

Comment

Mystery Girl why dont't you share with us what you have heard about "names affecting our personalities"?

I persoanlly dont see a connection....

------------------
        oİş°¨¨°şİo LiFe Is An IllUsIoN aNd ReAliTy iS a FiGmEnT oF tHe iMaGiNaIiOn oİş°¨¨°şİo

Comment

Originally posted by kaka malang:
          Mystery Girl why dont't you share with us what you have heard about "names affecting our personalities"? ..............
          k .. Malang ji .. its like... i m not so sure about it myself..thats y i posted it here so
          if sumbudy else knows .. he/she might enlighten me.. But wut i heard is .. ppl change their names cos
          it doesn't 'suit em' ... or they think by changin their names their 'luck might change' or sumthin
          .. well like i hope m not offendin n e one here ... but for instance i've heard about the name 'Fahad'
          its a nice name.. n i like it .. its cute.... but sumbudy told me that it means 'cheetah' n its not a
          nice name for muslims...hunh ?!?!?!? ....Hello ?? its just a name.. isn't it ?? n then there is
          a name 'Sahira' .. means 'a women who casts spell' . not a good name either ...! Y ?!?!?!?!? .. those r just examples .. but there r numerous such names around... So wut really makes a name 'lucky'... or 'good for a person'... who owns it ?!?

------------------
          *I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
          *That myth is more potent than history.
          *That dreams are more powerful than facts.
          *That hope always triumphs over experience.
          *That laughter is the only cure for grief.
          *And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Comment

in my opinion name does effect ur personality. i guess its some kind of psychological thing.

like the ppl i have met with same name as mine have some wat similar habits of mine too or may be i'm wrong
            but i think it does effect ur personality

Comment

I guess it COULD matter as a person takes strength from their name so there is potential to effect someone but not necessary!!!

Doesnt effect me much but I'm going to make sure I have stong names for my children inshalla'

Comment

hmmmmm, i dunno Mystery Gal.........

My name means "someone who is praised by others". I think i'm being jipped then, coz i sure as hell dont get as much of that as i'm supposed to http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smash.gif http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/nah.gif

Comment

Working...
                X