goranized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goranized

What do you think think about desis who become too "goranized" e.g dress scantily, color their hair blonde/green? and overall just act like wannabes? do you associate with them? what are your reactions to them?

I was just wondering because i was recently invited over to a family friend's house for dinner, and had the pleasure (much to my disguist) of meeting their 3 kids, which were completely under the western spell. They were 2 brothers, one with green hair, the other with blonde, both had their ears/eyelids pierced, didnt' remember a word of urdu (although they have only been here 4 years) and were ignorant to their parents demands. Then there was their sister, who was only 17, wearing big loop earings, tiny, probably glue on shorts, and a small shirt exposing her whole stomach. I was very upset by this display of ignorance, and especially by their attitudes towards their parents, but since it was not my position to say anything i just decided to depart asap. I know their parents work long hours and cant't keep an eye on their kids 2 hours, but does that justify these kid's erratic behaviors?

------------------
    oo LiFe Is An IllUsIoN aNd ReAliTy iS a FiGmEnT oF tHe iMaGiNaIiOn oo

pierced eyelids ?!?? eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ....http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/pukey.gif n e ways Malang Ji.. i guess everyone wants t b different in one way or another.. sum ppl chose the easy way like copyin the ultra mods .. or sum like to b a bit original...

the point i want to make is .. tryin to look different is no big deal. but to b completely under sum gross spell like following the 'goranized' culture as u put it ... is? is ?.. hmmmmm not good.. ...

All i can say here is ...every person shud remember his/her roots, his culture, his religion n all....but if he doesn't...Well its his lost..Who Cares?

------------------
    *I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
    *That myth is more potent than history.
    *That dreams are more powerful than facts.
    *That hope always triumphs over experience.
    *That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    *And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Comment

salaam

if u think thats bad then u should see some of the pakistani migrants that are living in the UK!!! (thats where i am in the UK)

but yeah u should remeber your faith and values (RELIGION), not to forget ure culture cause some girlz think living in n british community and thinking that because they are british citzen they can wear whatever they like,......being a muslim and such!!!

I cant believe the parents hadnt said anything!!! to the kids
      HERE were i am its a common thing and u kinda get tired of telling ppl.........oh.....comin to the point 'it wasnt ure place to say anything' BUT i find
      that telling ppl they will understand and they will do something about it! I JUST BLUNTLY PUT IT TO THEM and they will come to terms with it!!! if they want to hold it against me then tough!!!
      kaka malang reply and tell me what u think about my reply
      CYA ma asalama

Comment

oh...... by the way its a very interesting topic u have picked BTW

cccyaaaaaaa

Comment

That's quite gross, really it is. You can't say it's because people are living abroad so they get influenced blah di blah...I think living abroad, my parents have been more strict with me in many ways.

These people are just weak beings without the strength to stick with morals and the realisation that they're never going to be 'gora'.

At the end of the day you have to remember who you are and where you're coming from, if you lose that, you end up becoming messed up like the kids you mention kaka malang. Maybe someday they'll realise how stupid they are.
          A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

MysteryGirl: i dont care about these idiots at all, its the impression they cast on my religion that upsets me.

786sab its just disguisting, i usually dont give a damn about trashy wannabe desis, but this time it was different, cause this family was is very close to us. I mean these paki girls that dress all slutty and hang around dance clubs, and then claim allegance to Islam make me sick, and these are the same girls i see going to Masjid every friday, i am just tired of these 2-faced people, as if we dont have enough problems staying clean from bashing from other cultures.
            I just can't accept anything filthy associated with my religion, and they always misinterpet this by thinking that im just intrested in their slutty selves, no im only intrested in my religion. I just tell them to get over their denial that they are even near to being a Muslim, and either leave the dirty club or leave our Islam which stands for "cleanliness".

cat-woman: well said, couldn't have put it better.
            ------------------

[This message has been edited by kaka malang (edited October 12, 2000).]

Comment

I hate it!!!
              Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

It's interesting...

Now I don't actually endorse that kind of behaviour... except in one respect... just one.

These people are just a lot more honest about themselves... Can you say the same of many people in countries esecially where there are muslims...?

Think about it. I've seen many kids and even adults that only act properly in order to show off to others. They are not doing it for any other particular reason. And then you find people who feel too pressured by their elders so much so that they end up acting like machines, doing what they are regularly told to do and not seeking the purpose behind it at all.

Some muslims say that generally muslims are not doing well because of their inaction.

I largely disagree with that. I say that some muslims are not thinking about what they are doing. They go ahead and just do it. What they don't realise is that they may be doing something utterly stupid. They just feel that they have to do something. These kind of people think very short term. They don't realise that in order to solve a problem, it is a good idea to look at the issue through the eyes of other people. Because of this they can't think about the long term consequences of their actions. Like cattle, they follow the herd. They let emotions rule their heads. As a result these people are very soft headed, and a lot more hard hearted than they imagine themselves to be.

If you think I have gone off the topic somewhat, then let me get back down to earth to explain what I mean by all this.

Think about your "goranized friends". I agree that these people may not see the purpose of life. But are we being too quick to condemn these people? Are we criticising them to quickly and too easily? Should we criticise them simply because they just don't know? If they don't know, then that would explain their behaviour. What else are you people criticising them for then?

Why are you always looking for mistakes in people like the ones you mentioned? Even if you weren't then why did you come here and advertise their mistakes? To have your views endorsed by others? Did you do it to show off? Did you do it to make yourself feel good? Do you now feel secure about practising tough love?

Frankly, I'm judging you by your actions. And I cannot see anything positive coming out of your post. Your actions betray your thoughts.

Look at this:

"Believers, be steadfast for God, bearing just witness. Do not allow your hatred for another nation to turn you away from justice. Deal justly, that, indeed, is closer to true piety." (Al-Maaidah 5: 8)

And this?

"Believers, be steadfast in justice, bearing its witness for God. Even though it be against yourself, your parents or your kinsfolk. Be they rich or poor, God knows better about them both. So do not be led by passion so that you swerve from the truth. (Al-Nisaa 4: 135)

Do you see the poiint of what I'm trying to say to you?

Don't go looking for mistakes. Otherwise mistakes will find you.

Look for good things in people. Try to look through their eyes. Assume what they are doing is rational. If you are successful at this, then you will find the correct diagnosis for their behaviour. If you find this, then maybe you can find a cure.

That is far more helpful to them than criticism.

Remember that if your friends turn back to Allah, they will get greater reward because they have effectively changed their mentality and thus their whole lifestyle. That is difficult - hence the greater reward. You and I have probably been muslims from birth. We were lucky insofar that we didn't need to change our way of thinking too much. But we are not as potentially lucky as your friends in terms of our potential reward we could have had for being born non-muslim and then later reverting to Islam.

But there is a chance that you can have that reward. Understand them. Learn from them. By this you can help them change their way of thinking to something better. I'm sure that you will get more reward than maybe them if you help them properly.

If you do suceed, you will definitely get more reward than what they have earned. So there is no need to criticise anybody. So look at these things as an opportunity to earn something great in the sight of your One and Only Lord, Allah.

------------------
                They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

Its disgusting. It is decieving.
                  A muslim as an ambassador of Islam is openly and publically presenting a wrong impression of Muslims.
                  He or She shall be accountable for it and should be condemned openly.

One can do whatever they want for which they will be accountable, but no publically hurting and damaging others. Specially ones culture or religion.
                  Allah guides me and other muslims on the right path.

------------------
                  Performace of good DEEDS avoids the evil ending.
                  He, who advises for the GOOD, is similar (in rewards)to the doer of it.
                  (Sahih Al-Jami 3797 & 3399 resp.)

Comment

naa mate
                    i cant mix up with them kinda people
                    all my mates are either desis , or nearly desis or if they aint desis then they are proper gori ,, u know but i never mix up with gori wanna bee's
                    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

Originally posted by kaka malang:
                      MysteryGirl: i dont care about these idiots at all, its the impression they cast on my religion that upsets me.....

I do get ur point Malang Ji..
                      but the thin is u can't do n ethin about it...Its disgustin i know that too...But well.... there is very little we can do except to make our own beliefs more strong ... http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hoonh.gif

------------------
                      *I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
                      *That myth is more potent than history.
                      *That dreams are more powerful than facts.
                      *That hope always triumphs over experience.
                      *That laughter is the only cure for grief.
                      *And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Comment

peirced eyelids???!!!.....MACHOO COOLL MANN!!!......

okie....just kidding....I think you were trying to say Eye brows....NOT eyelids......

....If IT IS EYELIDS.....errr....ummm.....I haven't seen that yet.....

------------------
                        ME ME ME!!!

Hey....can anyone tell me what clinton did with the Cigar???

fuee.tripod.com
                        [email protected]
                        http://144.132.53.121/recent?0
                        picture

Comment

posted by Mr.Partypooper:
                          These people are just a lot more honest about themselves... Can you say the same of many people in countries esecially where there are muslims...?

honest? they dont even know what that means, if they did they wouldn't need to adopt the attitudes they do imply a point. As far as supression of honesty is concerned then why only impose muslims society, lets talk overall population?

Think about your "goranized friends". I agree that these people may not see the purpose of life. But are we being too quick to condemn these people? Are we criticising them to quickly and too easily? Should we criticise them simply because they just don't know? If they don't know, then that would explain their behaviour. What else are you people criticising them for then?

they are not retarded, if that's what you want to know, and i never said they dont see a purpose in life, its what it is that i was regarding. Its that they know yet they defy it is what the whole point of this post, read it more carefully.

[b]Why are you always looking for mistakes in people like the ones you mentioned? Even if you weren't then why did you come here and advertise their mistakes? To have your views endorsed by others? Did you do it to show off? Did you do it to make yourself feel good? Do you now feel secure about practising tough love?

ok you missed the whole point of my post so im not gonna waste my time answering you lame questions. I didn't know i had to ask you for permission to post here sir, i was merely expressing my opinions. If i wanted endorsements i wouldn't ask for opinions, think about it. Show off? you mean like you are trying to do right now thinking you have a clue as to what my point was?

Frankly, I'm judging you by your actions. And I cannot see anything positive coming out of your post. Your actions betray your thoughts.

Frankly i think you are just one of these lost souls and are craving for attention. Dont' worry you will be directed some day.

------------------

Comment

kaka malang,

I am sorry if I offended you, or if I came down on your post too hard.

honest? they dont even know what that means, if they did they wouldn't need to adopt the attitudes they do imply a point. As far as supression of honesty is concerned then why only impose muslims society, lets talk overall population?
                            What I was trying to say ( unsuccessfully ) was that before trying too hard to look for mistakes in non-muslims, we should really look at ourselves first. Somebody or some book said that "instead of spending too much time in taking the splinter out of some persons eye, we should try to take the branches out of of our own eyes first.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your priorities.

they are not retarded, if that's what you want to know, and i never said they dont see a purpose in life, its what it is that i was regarding. Its that they know yet they defy it is what the whole point of this post, read it more carefully.
                            I know that they are not retarded. Thats precisely my whole point. The problem they are facing is not some deep structural problem in their mentality. Its more of technical thing with possibly a simple solution. For arguments sake, lets assume that they do know about the meaning of life as laid down by Islam...

If they knew about it then they would have an incentive to change their ways. But as you have so eloquently descibed in your post, they obviously haven't come to realise that incentive by changing their lifestyle. So we have a contradiction. So all I can tell from sitting here is that they don't know about the meaning of life as laid down by Islam. How can they defy what they don't know?

ok you missed the whole point of my post so im not gonna waste my time answering you lame questions. I didn't know i had to ask you for permission to post here sir, i was merely expressing my opinions. If i wanted endorsements i wouldn't ask for opinions, think about it. Show off? you mean like you are trying to do right now thinking you have a clue as to what my point was?
                            Your post was very informative. I did not miss any point. I was just a bit disappointed on how it had ended. I worried that most of the replies to your post were going too simply give their gut reaction. And I felt that there was no solution going to be offered. But my reply was not meant to be taken as it was. I'm sorry, for not not putting that across more concisely... I know already that i'm not that good a writer... so please excuse me there.

You asked for an opinion. You asked for a reaction to these people. Thats what you got in other replies and mine. But you didn't explicitly ask for a solution which really is the most important part of the reply, I'm sure you will agree. I gave some sort of solution in my post. I regret that I got carried away and went against what I was preaching... I got too hung up on criticising you, and thats exactly what I was against when I outlined the solution. So I'm sorry. I am very, very sorry. I didn't mean for you to be offended at all. I know that I don't have the "tack" to respond properly.

Frankly i think you are just one of these lost souls and are craving for attention. Dont' worry you will be directed some day.
                            Ameen to that.

------------------
                            They shoot partypoopers, don't they?

Comment

that is the price you have to pay for leaving
                              motherland. you cnat create little pakistans
                              around the world. look at the line at foriegn
                              consulates in pakistan it is growing more and more. if the goverment cant provide decent jobs and security to its people.
                              people will ultimately abandon the country

Comment

Working...
                              X