Donating organs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donating organs

Something very tragic just happened. A young girl of 16 in my neighbourhood died because of a cerebral hemorrage. I went to see her mother today and she was telling me angrily about how the doctors asked if she would donate her daughters organs when it became clear to them that the end was near. She refused because she still had hope that her daughter would survive. I'm not criticising her because I don't know what's right and what's wrong and I don't know how I would have acted in such a case, but I wondered what other peoples' point of view is?

Personally, I would like to donate organs. I think it's a good cause and a precious gift that can change someone's whole life.

To me, my body after death is just an unutilized biological mass and if it can be utilized, that's great.

Comment

She is a mother
      mothers hang onto the very last ray of hope
      denying that they are going to or about to lose one of their children
      I think her reaction given the situation was called for

When it comes to children mums stop thinking rationally and their 'mamta' overcomes their judgment to make descisions
      i guess

I know i get paranoid when a kid tries to push one of my kids in the park
      i act like a kid and stare at him with those kha jani wali eyes and if given the chance i might push him back

Comment

Roman i agree
        although i have it in my will (yeah i got a will) to donate my body to the med school

Comment

why just donate organs, maybe donate violins and drums as well..

Comment

I don't know about Donating organs Shirin. The way I see it, our bodies and souls belong to Allah SWT and to Him shall we return, IN the form in which we were sent in this world. To me, taking out the organs and just burying the remains is a bit disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarediamonds & Gold:
              I don't know about Donating organs Shirin. The way I see it, our bodies and souls belong to Allah SWT and to Him shall we return, IN the form in which we were sent in this world. To me, taking out the organs and just burying the remains is a bit disrespectful.
              and donating organs after the death is unislamic.

------------------
              ***Sitaaron Pay Jo Daltay Hain Kamand!***
              Tu Tundi-e-Baad-e-Mukhaalif say na ghabra ay Uqaab
              Yeh tau chaltee hai tujhay OoNcha urRaanay kay liye

Comment

Well as Anchal stated mothers at the event like this can get hysterical and their unconditional love gets the best of them. I personally think if "donating" your vital organs at time of your death, can save a couple of lives, why not?

------------------
                oİş°¨¨°şİo LiFe Is An IllUsIoN aNd ReAliTy iS a FiGmEnT oF tHe iMaGiNaIiOn oİş°¨¨°şİo

Comment

i w'd like 2 no that r we as muslims allowed 2 donate organs?
                  b/c from what i c i think by denoting we w'd b another being, and even if we r not allowed please let me no y aswell!!!!

------------------
                  khudi ko kar buland itna..ke har takdeer se phele
                  khuda bande se khud pooche..bata teri raza kia hai!!!

Comment

Yes. I did forget to mention that it is unislamic as well.

Comment

Thats stupid!!.......So you mean donating blood is Unislamic too..???!!!......You could say that blood from a living person is islamic.....But what about the blood banks??? Anywhere in the world??....are they islamic?...

To me Islam is very very logical......

Donating organs ---> Saving Lives ----> THAT GOOD!!!

so in my opinion its as islamic as anything (in MY opinion)

Usually organs can be taken out immidiately after the death.....

If I was in her place I would donate the organs...Only after the death (and I dont believe in Brain Death or vegitative states)
                      Offcourse I am not father yer khi khi http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/hehe.gif....and will never be a mother so I cant say....I dont know what I would do then (Allah na karey that I have to)....

------------------
                      ME ME ME!!!

Hey....can anyone tell me what clinton did with the Cigar???

fuee.tripod.com
                      [email protected]
                      http://144.132.53.121/recent?0
                      picture

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheen:
                        and donating organs after the death is unislamic.

While it is still under individual CHOICE what they do ,can you shed some light on what quran or hadith says about specifically NOT donating.I get the feeling like computers & air force ,Cloning to Vaccinnation was not there in 7th century to have any directives, Of course the ullemas azhar univ. & islam authority may have guidlines but no scholar has come out against science relying on good intention & benefit of mankind as bottom line of all actions.
                        Plz.Shaheen tu basera kar paththar ki chatanoon par ,could u help make descision for some one who doesn't know which way to go??

Comment

Okie you metioned it ....But still forgot some backing facts and figures (Quran, Hadis, sunnah???!!)

------------------
                          ME ME ME!!!

Hey....can anyone tell me what clinton did with the Cigar???

fuee.tripod.com
                          [email protected]
                          http://144.132.53.121/recent?0
                          picture

Comment

i'm kinda confused.. i was under the impression that organ donation was islamically ok.. i remember seeing a program of reflections on islam <a show in toronto btw> that said it was ok.

can someone shed some light on this..with backup i mean.. is it ok or not

Comment

Although the religious point of view is useful for us to know, I deliberately didn't put this into the religion section. (Perhaps we can discus these aspects there?) Like many other concepts, as far as I know there are different ideas and religious interpretations - all of them highly qualified - going round, and quoting religion doesn't seem to resolve anything. That's why I asked for your feelings, points of view, etc. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X