Toronto..... Best Desi Resturants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto..... Best Desi Resturants

Guys, I'll be in Toronto for a week next week. I need to know what and where are the best places for Desi foods. I heard about This Lahore Tikka House or do you know any other place. I need to know how to get to Lahore Tikka house, please help Thanks.

Sorry Johnd never been to Toronto but Maasi Muzna is from those parts

Comment

Sorry Johnd, i would be able to let you if you could deffer you visit till March 2001

Comment

If you are coming to west part of city then 'Tandoori Time' is good. Its on Albion Rd near Hwy27.

Comment

Thanks, I am staying at Holiday Inn Markham, I think it's on Steel Ave.

Comment

well lahore tikka house is on gerrard street..

Comment

there was one close to lahore tikka some like hundya the buffet was pretty nice

if u want the directions i can e.mailu the map n directions

take care
              Fi Aman Allah

Comment

Hey Johnd, I live in Canada toronto(if you don't belive me click on who) and there is a place called Garad Street, that is a place where pakistani and Indian people hang out, In garad street you can find ALOT of Pakistani desi restaurants. Like there is 'Chandni Chouk' and 'Tikka Inn' And Toronto is a really cool place to live. Hey where are you coming in Toronto?

Comment

Some of the best places for desi food is on Gerrad Street. You'll find a number of restuarants catering your whatever type of desi food you like. k:

Comment

There are few brilliant restaurants in Missisauga but I am not sure about their names. I usually go there .... I know how to reach there but sorry no names in my mind.

Lahori Tikka on Gerrard street is not very much good but u will find a bit of desi atmosphere there. Gerrard street is not much of interest. I always thought it would be something like Southall broadway (London UK) but when I first saw it (few years ago) I was really disappointed.

Anyway ... good luck in search, I am sure there would be some info on the WEB but I am not much sure about Canadian search engines.

Comment

I am also from Toronto, but I live in Dubai,

Anywayz, just go to Down Town Toronto (u know where CN tower is,) and u

will find some Desi food resturants there!

Hey by the way, there aren't alot of places where u can get desi food when I was living there which was 5 years ago, but u never know, things might have changed!

The last time I went to Toronto was in 1998.

[This message has been edited by Lollypop (edited October 10, 2000).]

Comment

hey

If u want desi food, Gerrard St. is the place to go. THey've got everything - Anarkali chat hut, Lahori Tikka, etc, etc.

Comment

Well Gerard Street has been mentioned enough so I'll point out some other places...

In Mississauga (Hwy#10 and Burnhamthorpe area) one of THE best places I've found is Sahara Pak Indian Cuisine. They have very good food, especially the traditional Pakistani dishes. You can also order anything from the menu and equally enjoy yourself.

Tandoori Time has good fast food.

For a quick snack, like chaats etc., try Sweet India or MotiMahal Restaurant on Airport and Derry Roads.

If you enjoy vegetarian food then Brar Sweets has the best veg thaali I've ever tried and they have two locations, one off Dixie Road north of Derry, across from Bombay Palace and one on Islington Ave. just north of Albion.

Comment

Garad street in downtown Toronto is the best place coz you've got lots of choices eg.lahori tikka, Chandini Chawk and a whole lotta paki fast food!yummmmmy
                            There is also a really good Islami book shop there!

Comment

Besides the above mentioned, you may want to try Chandni Chowk. Good food, its near you also in Markham. McCowan Rd just north of Sheppard I believe. They also have one downtown on Gerrard Street (inside the India Centre). If you are downtown, there is this new fancy place called "KAMA", good food and prices, its on King and University.
                              Both are halal also if it matters to you.
                              Salaam

Comment

Working...
                              X