Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sense of the Goose

Did u know?....

In the fall when you see geese heading south for the winter flying along in the "V" formation, you might be interested in knowing what science has discovered about why they fly that way. It has been learned that as each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in a "V" formation, the whole flock adds at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.

People who are part of a team and share a common direction get where they r going quicker and easier, coz they r travelling on the trust of one another.

Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go through it alone and quickly
    gets back into formation to take advantage of the power of the flock.

If we hav as much sense as a goose, we will share information with those who are headed the same way we r goin.

------------------
    *I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
    *That myth is more potent than history.
    *That dreams are more powerful than facts.
    *That hope always triumphs over experience.
    *That laughter is the only cure for grief.
    *And I believe that love is stronger than death.

excellent point Mystery Gal http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

Unfortunately it will be eons before all of us can realize this.

------------------
    oİş°¨¨°şİo LiFe Is An IllUsIoN aNd ReAliTy iS a FiGmEnT oF tHe iMaGiNaIiOn oİş°¨¨°şİo

Comment

Since the flapping only helps the bird thats behind, it seems like the leader of the pack won't be getting any "uplift." Here's what I propose for the leader:

1) His fringe benefits be increased once they get South.

2) His compensation (i.e. food share) be increased to compensate for the extra physical effort.

3) He gets the first digs on who to shack with..

4) Offered extra gear to facilitate his flapping during the flight..

Unless ofcourse they alternate when coming back...

Comment

Excellent post Mystery Gal.....and no, I won't hammer you like someone once did to me cuz they assumed I was trying to take credit for writing the piece.....it's worthy of sharing and I'm sure that's why you've posted it here.

ghalib,

I agree wholeheartedly, as I'm sure Fraudia and Azkar do, with your proposal. Please continue your campaign with confidence, you have our support.

Comment

I want to be a leader....

(fringe benefits, extra gear, and compensation are negotiable).

Comment

Rom dude...you certainly qualify as far as the "flapping" is concerned.....

Comment

nah, my fetish is limited to cuffs, leather gear, and a lashing whip.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
                Excellent post Mystery Gal.....and no, I won't hammer you like someone once did to me cuz they assumed I was trying to take credit for writing the piece.....it's worthy of sharing and I'm sure that's why you've posted it here......

Hey thanks Muzna..! .. i just hope other ppl see it the same way...http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/sunny.gif

my fetish is limited to cuffs, leather gear, and a lashing whip
                Roman Ji... lashin whip?!?! ...

------------------
                *I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
                *That myth is more potent than history.
                *That dreams are more powerful than facts.
                *That hope always triumphs over experience.
                *That laughter is the only cure for grief.
                *And I believe that love is stronger than death.

Comment

I thought the reason they fly like that is to point in the direction of where they are heading.

Comment

>>>>nah, my fetish is limited to cuffs, leather gear, and a lashing whip.

phir hum bolley ga to bollo gey key bolta hay!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X