Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kashmir

Its just my opinion but I think that the best
    solution to Kashmir is to make it an Independent state of its own. with no indian or pakistani interuption.
    what do you guys think?

hey Cool Name, now everyone will be your servant, since we will be calling you Maim Sahiba

About your suggestion well that's a very good idea but India will never agree with that. That will mean their loss and Pakistan's victory. Indian doesn't wanna let go of kashmir cause first off it's full of resources, second it will give Pakistan more space around their border and third but not least other States will start asking for Independence. My heart goes to all the Kashmiris who are stuck in the middle of this whole thing. Khudda Unki mudud kurre ... Ameen

Comment

I like your suggestion but as Mr Bhola said India will never agree, coz they want the whole world in their hands But I also go with your suggestion I think the whole world does!!

Comment

Bholay main
        i don't know about others, but if you want to be my servant, its okay with me

i just picked this nick cuz the word is used alot in paki movies and i find it amusing.

something has to be done about kashmir or its gonna be a never ending fight like Jeruselam.

Comment

I would agree w/you Ms Sahiba for giving Kashmiri's their own state, but this issue is like the Palestenian issue. India has powers like the Jews and US somewhat backing them. Pakistanis have no one but Allah behind them.
          The discussions on this could go on and on and on.

Later,
          Zman

Comment

so u guys want 2 do somthing about kashmir...
            well i got news 4 u. no metter how long you sit infront of your computer and how many postings u make on this topic, u r not helping kashmir or kashmiris. if u realy want to do somthing about it, get away from the computer, leave the building go out and 'do something' that would make a difference. Otherwise, its just a lot of talk..

Comment

Then what is your suggestion, Trooper ?

Comment

Thanks to you guys for bringing up the Kasmir issue here, I know itz very hard for you people here to help Kasmir or Kashmiri, but a little support can make a big difference, cause a little progress every day adds up to big RESULTS…
                How could we help?
                Itz simple, we can simply try bring up the real picture infront of our friends (American, Indian or anyone else ) and show them what exactly is happening in Kashmir and what is the route cause of the problem, the Image of the problem presented by Indian media is completely different from the actual problem and most of the people in the rest of the world believe that is true…Even the people of India are making their own assumptions on the basis of the Indian media…

if you people need information about the Kasmir problem I can provide a lot….Let me know

Here is some recent news from Kasmir
                Plea from the villagers for protection against RR (August 07, 1998)
                July 19 New Delhi: The villagers of a South Kashmir hamlet of Nowgam have asked the world community to intervene and save them from the onslaught of Rashtriya Rifles, a unit of Indian Army. The villagers alleged that the Army unit which recently opened its camp in the village, was forcing them "to sacrifice their honour and dignity to the lust of Indian forces." The officer-in-charge of the camp, Major Dhawan has asked them to send their girls to the camp.
                Acording to The Kashmir Times, the largest circulated daily in the held Jammu and Kashmir, over 100 villagers led by ruling National Conference legislature Bhushan Lal demonstrated in the streets of Srinagar Saturday and shouted sologans against Indian Army.
                The paper reported that the Rashtriya Rifles has opened their camp in the Nowgam village near famour Veerinag township, on July 13, the Martyer's Day, which coincided with the Eid-e-Milad. The first night of their coming to the village, they conducted search opearation, asking people to come out of their houses, irrespective of age and gender. "Everbody in the village including women was beaten with rifle butts," said the paper.
                The National Conference legislature Bhusan Lal alleged, that before the army personnal went to their barracks, the officer incharge of the camp, Major Dhawan asked villagers to give a list of "vergin and beautiful girls" and also name wealthy persons. The officer reportedly told villagers, " the unit has not come to fight with activists, but to teach villagers a lesson."
                Quoting villagers, the paper said, the forces raided the village consecutively three nights and even attempted to molest the womenfolk. They, alongwith, some renegade gunmen tried to kidnap a bride and later arrested the groom Farooq. He was interrogated ruthlessly, not to get the whereabouts of activists, but was asked to send his wife to the camp, "to satiate the lust of army personnal," alleged villagers.
                Reports said, the villagers have migrated to safer areas to save their girls from the onslaught of forces. The village with 600 households stands deserted. They have demanded, the international humanitarian organisaions including the ICRC, to provide them alternative residences anywhere as they cannot sacrifice their honour and dignity. They also alleged that they are being forced to purchase costly gas lanterns so that entire village is illuminated during night.
                The National Conference legislature Bhushan Lal, said the villagers were scared and were reluctant to return, unless the Rashtriya Rifles camp is disciplined. He demanded that an alternative force be deployed in the village which should be headed by a better and human officer than Major Dhawan.(ends)

Army is using rape as a weapon of war, says Hurriyet
                By: Yousuf Jameel
                Srinagar, July 23: Kashmir's secessionist Hurriyet Conference on Wednesday accused New Delhi of using rape as a weapon of war in the state and warned that unless this tendency is arrested, "India will dismember sooner or later".
                Addressing a press conference here after visiting what he called the latest rape victim, a 15-year-old girl Hajira of village Takia Safapora in northwestern Baramullah district, Hurriyet Chairman Syed Geelani alleged that the Army and members of other security forces have developed the habit of barging into private houses across the Valley to ask for women.
                He said that in a number of instances they had molested or raped women. "This will not help India but consume her as has happened with many other nations which behaved in a similar fashion in order to curb genuine independence and resistance movements," Geelani warned adding, "It is ironical that beyond Lakhanpur (the entry point into Jammu and Kashmir from Punjab) Sita is worshipped as a devi by the followers of Hinduism and in Kashmir the same people turn into Ravanas lying in wait for their targets even if she turns out to be a minor innocent bachi (girl or daughter)."
                Syed Geelani alleged that Hajira, an orphan, was detained by the soldiers of 7 Garwal deployed in the area on July 20 and was subsequently raped by seven of the soldiers, including an officer, for three hours in a neighbour's house. The local population, he said first though that she was being questioned but when they became suspicious of the prolonged detention they attacked the premises. The soldiers retaliated by firing their rifles in the air. Undeterred, the villagers continued to protest and eventually rescued the girl. He said the local police was reluctant to register a case against the erring soldiers but it was after the entire population of the area protested that it registered an FIR. Answering questions, Mr. Geelani claimed that the victim had already been examined by a doctor but he himself had not seen the medical report.
                He said that some 5,000 people had already migrated from half-a-dozen villages of Safapora to what they considered were safer places after the soldiers, paramilitary men and pro-government militants had "let loose a reign of terror" in the region. He also named 12 other women who, as alleged by him, have fallen victim to the "brutality" of Indian "beast" in Safapora. The area observed a general strike for eight days in protest against the excesses he added.
                Mr. Geelani questioned the wisdom of distributing arms among the members, of one particular community in the militant-infested Doda district, saying it had created a sense of insecurity among the majority Muslim community.
                (Report published in The Asian Age New Delhi dated 24 July 1998)

Comment

Working...
                X