Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do know about each other's country ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do know about each other's country ?

Comments welcome

------------------
    Religion was created by man.....but dont forget......man was created by God.... Allah Ho Akhbar, Halleluiah, Jay Dev..... all are salutations to the Great One....

A good question but a liitle vague Rudra... are you meaning how much we know about each others religions, cultures, politics, history etc?

Comment

Like Mailik said state an area an then we will answer.
      Also welcome.
      I am the resident smart ass.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Yes Malik , and I mean much more ... I ve noticed ppl here indulge in Hindu and Islam bashing .. how much do we really know about each other's religion ... etc etc .. and what would our reatcion be if we meet ppl from across the border.. es p the guys from this form....also I want this thread to be a basis for clearing doubts no matter how mis informed they might be ...

Looking forward to your contribs

Rudra

------------------
        Religion was created by man.....but dont forget......man was created by God.... Allah Ho Akhbar, Halleluiah, Jay Dev..... all are salutations to the Great One....

Comment

Well then what exactly do you want??
          History???
          Geo-politics??
          Culture??
          Define one area first and then when that is exhausted we will discuss another topic.

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Rudra - if you are talking about what we know about each others religions then that is a good place to start. You should open a topic in the religion section for that.

As this is the Kashmir Affairs forum I think we can discuss what we know about each others country's in regards to the Kashmir issue? i.e. Do the Indians understand why Kashmir is so special for Pakistan and do Pakistani's know why Kashmir is important to India?

Comment

C M .. let go of the micro approach and look at the broader issue... what I am stressing here is for all our ball talks we really dont know much about each other's country .. with respect to everything ... I mean I dont know what the average Paki wears, where he hangs out what is unique to each pakistani/ indian city etc ... Malik .. I want to leave Kashmir out of this thread There is a whole section for that!
              What I want to achieve is to get all the Paks and the Indians to know each other .. so that each one's ideology is better understood and that the next time we have a discussion we remember that the guy opposite is not a Muslim or a Hindu fanatic but a youngster like ourselves ... I mean for all our kashmir related hatred ,, we still Listen to Fateh Ali Khan (my fav ) drool over madhuri dixit and follow Kaun banega karodpati ....

Malik I think you would have understood this by now You too C M !

Rudra

------------------

Comment

Rudra fair enough if Kashmir is not the focus then please open a topic in the General Section... and I and CM and others will be glad to contribute

Comment

Malik .. your start is pretty good ... but i would think a breaking of ice is needed before we start discussing the dearness of Kashmir to India and Pakistan
                  Why dont you start by describing the typical Pakistani teenager or something to that effect. )

------------------

Comment

Malik , you are online noqw I believe
                    Ok what I want is a bit of info as I suggested in my earlier post , then we will take up what Kashmir means to India and Pakistan.

------------------

Comment

Rudra I personally understand the basic beliefs of religions in India, the history of ancient India, the types of political system in India, the history and principles of a secular India, some of the politics of individual states and know of India's idealogical apprehensions towards Pakistan etc. I also know what partition meant to India... but I am a Pakistani and feel and empathise for the beliefs of my country.

That does not make me ignorant top the beliefs of India

Comment

Malik ) hats off to your feeling about your country .... :_)))) from your previous posts all over this section I thought you were a hardliner ,.... (your reactions to Rani )
                        But I must say I admire your patriotism and believe me I know a lot about Pakistan by virtue of my Sindi friends and also I have six kashmiris working in the same office I am so you can say I first test my views on them before presenting them on this forum.

Rudra
                        Jai Hind

(Jai Pakistan would be in your mind I m sure )

------------------

Comment

Rudra - I have to admit that I am an overseas Pakistani (British) but in no way an extremist in anyway. Yes discusssions with Rani can get somewhat heated but thats the nature of this form...please dont be put off by it. Indians are in fact an integral part of this forum, and the high quality of deabting here would not be the same without them.

Sadly, its a part of human nature to get passionate when ones faith and beliefs are attacked. But luckily human nature can also be quite friendly and humorous when your opposite number is also friendly? Hope I make sense...?its the end of the day and I'm getting tired. Talk to you soon

Comment

For Good's sake, stop with the stupid similie things both of you.
                            It is very annoying!!!!
                            First there is this stuff of good for about your country.
                            Come on, we really don't need such a show of bravado.
                            make it simple and clear.
                            And please no more similies, and with the oh would a girl say it ... sweet and nice conversation.
                            This is going make me puke!!!!
                            Keep it nice, but don't over do it on the bravado!!!!

------------------
                            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

What the heck is this doing in the general section.
                              I click on it in the kashmir section.
                              And the thread ends up here!!!
                              Anyway smart move by which ever mod who did it.

------------------
                              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Working...
                              X