Who is 'Humble' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is 'Humble' ?

Ok, so I am not aware of the politics which goes on in these forums. Sure, so there are people who post using different nicks. Possible but not admirable.

Today, when I and many others logged on to our fav forums, we found three identical messages posted by Humble in all the discussions going on, saying he is quitting due to admns and moderators...

All I got from the bits and pieces was that Admn had proly checked up on Humble's IP and found out three nicks using the same IP, and therefore a warning was issued to Humble to select one nick and stick with it. Probably a posting by Humble was also edited on one of the discussions.

On this, Mr Humble decided to quit by leaving his posts in almost all the current discussions..

I have a few questions, which will probably help the users:

1. Is it possible for users to be having static IP? In which case all users of one ISP will have the same IP.

2. If a person is using multiple nicks, is it an offence? Are they kicked out or additional nicks deleted for that?

3. If the posting of a user is deemed objectionable, will the posting be edited or the user kicked out?

4. If multiple nicks (one person) start slapping each other's backs is it an kickable offence, or merely 'bad manners'?

and last....

5. Hey Humble...how much time did you spend pasting your messages in all the discussions ??? I'd sure like to know if there is a short-cut

It will help of nettiqettes of posting to these forums are available as a link to help new (and some old) users...

------------------
    Life is too short to waste
    Enjoy... and be Happy

*yawnz*
    here we go again

. If a person is using multiple nicks, is it an offence? Are they kicked out or additional nicks deleted for that?
    No you can have thousand IDs for all anybody cares but when you start abusing your IDs then you are asking for a kick

If the posting of a user is deemed objectionable, will the posting be edited or the user kicked out?
    Should a killer be let loose in the streets so that he goes on killing or should he be punished so tht the next time he thinks twice ?

PS. just on the side note when you register for Gupshup there is a whole page of Rules
    Its there to read and then press 'I Accept'
    rather then scrolling down and pressing 'I Accept'

Comment

Comparing a web-post with killing is a bit melodramatic...but then who cares....

Ok....so you always read all the terms and conditions for every web-agreement you accept. Wow! I salute you!

My idea was to put it in FAQ, which currently holds techie info only and nothing on netiqette for the forum.

*yawn* sure its getting late. Bye!

------------------
      Enjoy... and be Happy

Comment

Hey, if Humble does use several nicks, he's not the only one. I've seen others doing the same so why just pick on Humble?? I hate this double-standard policyhttp://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/soldier.gif

Comment

umm so what else do you think they have in their Terms of Agreement
          Rules that you should abide by when visiting and using their site

alas that is General Knowledge

Comment

Anchal...............

{Let me go to sleep plz..... )

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... agreed...so thats what the Terms of Agreement is all about, but I don't read it.... I just want to get the registration bit over so I can get to the interesting parts

Mebbe next time I will consult you to clarify any tricky parts of these Terms of Agreements.... yeah, thats a good idea.

Surely thats not a criminal offence as yet ! bachao...!

Take it easy...Ciao!

------------------
            Enjoy... and be Happy

Comment

Pristine

a piece of advice Read em
              Its all there ....

By the way what do you need consultation for
              Is reading a problem for you?
              or you cannot understand plain simple english?

Azkar i think we should have the Terms in Urdu too for our umm Urdu more English less understanding visitors

Comment

Yes, it is possible for people on different computers, but in the same building (say, a library) to have the same IP address, because they can be behind a NAT firewall, which uses 1 static IP and doles our fake IP addresses to those behind the firewall.

Comment

The reason I asked is that many years ago, when I used Paknet, every single user had the same IP, in which case it was very difficult to find out if one person is using multiple nicks, especially on online chats e.g. mIRC/DALNet etc.

Anchal:

Two things I guessed about you:

1. Your custom title is very appropriate!
                  2. You have lots of time on your hand.

-----------------------------
                  Enjoy... and be Happy

[This message has been edited by Pristine (edited September 24, 2000).]

Comment

and people think we only have the IP tracking technology ?? tsk tsk ...

ever heard of session tacking? Each person will ahve a different session. The data streams and the way pages are being requested will be different. Its not a rocket science any more.

But, all that info is limited to Admins/Mods. Whoever else claims that they have any such knowledge, is flying a bay-par ke hawaai.

neway, enough of this. lets put it behind and move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X