Homosexuality in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homosexuality in Pakistan

I have been thinking about discussing this topic for some time btu always felt that people will get mad, take things personally and a mud slinging contest will begin.

Can someone tell me how much truth is in the
    popular jokes and images of homosexuality in Pakistan, especially among Pathans.

This inquiry is in no way meant as a personal attack or to upset anyone, I know its a sensitive topic and I would hope that we can discuss this in a civilized manner.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Laughing Is Prohibited

Once, some people were traveling from Karachi to Peshawar in a train. One gentleman who him self was not a pathan asked pathan a question:

Khan sahib yeh batain ke aourat kis ko kahtain hain?

Khan Sahib ne farmaya "Khocha aurat os 78 rpm record ke manand hay jab ek tarf sun sun ke thak jao to us ko palta do".

Zarif

Comment

well thanks for the new idea Zarif
      i will try to apply it on my gfs where ever applicable

Meray Roz O Shab k Nisaab Main Meray Paas Apna To Kuch Nahi

Comment

Unlike West, homosexuality in Pakistan is not a matter of preference. Its more because of frustration. Its the absence of fair sex in a man's daily life which forces him to find other means to satisfy his sexual desires (in this case, another man). Its not unusual. Men often go for the next option, when there is no woman available. This is the reason why homosexuality is a common practice in prisons and among sailors.

[This message has been edited by Tariq Khan.]
        The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Tariq khan jee
          antoher man to door ki baat there is another interesting fact "khan kho da khre khwand ta wai"

Comment

Excellent thought, Azad, whatever that means. Would you mind translating that. I dont know Pustho (sorry for that)
            The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was told by
              someone that partiallyits due to the fact that in some areas the grooms have to come up
              with a large dowry and until they do that,
              they kinda just get into sodomy.

any comments

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Dear Farouque,

Who told you that it is an offense for a man and wife to be walking side by side in Pakistan??? Sounds to me like one of the many exaggerated rumors that the western world likes to propagate against what they like to call the third world. I don't deny that this happens in the so called 'backward areas' (although I hate to use the term) of the country, but then people from that level of society anywhere have what to an outsider might appear as peculiar behaviour Why is it that a bikini clad, half naked woman is looked upon as being 'kool and with it' but a chador wearing woman is branded as a fundamentalist??
                To accuse a whole society just for the follies of a few is not justified. One hears so much negativity about conditions in Saudi Arabia, but having lived in that country myself, I can separate truth from farce. I have come across many descent people during my stay there, and this is one of the many reasons beside money that people like to go there. If lack of female contact is driving Pakistanis to homosexuality as some people suggest, why is it so prevalent in the free and and more tolerant societies?? Being able to recognize and overcome one's faults is a good thing, but to be brainwashed by outside propaganda is not warranted.. it just makes one despise oneself.. and create unnecessary complexes.

So long ....

Antidote

Comment

Salam Antidote,
                  I am impressed

Comment

Aslam U Alaikum

No matter what excuse we give to satisfy ourself or to the person who is asking the question but the truth remain the same, this practice exist in Pakistan. In all parts of Pakistan, I might add. Pathans have their name attach to this practice because they practice it openly. My friends who were from Peshawar used to tell the jokes about this practice in Bannu area. The landlord will give a Toyota Truck to his boy and this boy will be advertised in whole area. The other reason is that Pathans travell to lower parts of the country and in most of the area they are treated as minority. As a minority their deeds are more advertised than other local.
                    In punjab areas the Imams of mosques have their name attached to this practice.

This is the answer to Mr. Fraudia's question about the truth of the matter.

As this discussion developed I saw that this conversion going toword the reason WHY? As many other situations we can not give a single answer to this question also. I have to disagree with Tariq on this. We have seen cases where the guys are married but carrying on with this practice and whoever is going for a man he also has an option of going to redlight area. This all comes down to the thinking and preference of the person involved. If giving examples will justify my point of view I will be glad to do so.
                    NO insult intended for anybody.
                    Allah Hafiz
                    Mohsan

Comment

Salams
                      Tariq khan I would love to translate that ("khan kho da khre khwand ta wai"). It represent a whole culture of homo and animal sex, with a long history and community to practice, but as the discussion has moved from the point. So its better to leave it for a while.

Comment

Where is my original post to which Antitode is replying ? It seems to have disappeared !

Antitode:

The fact of the matter is that Pakistani society tolerates men holding hands and having a cuddle in public yet does not tolerate a heterosexual couple from doing likewise. I find this an unhealthy attitude.

You mention your personal experience of Saudi Arabia. A country where minorities have no rights. If I lived in Saudi Arabia for fifty years I still do not have the right to own my own home or marry a Saudi. In Kuwait Pakistanis are not allowed to own cars above a certain specified capacity. I was speaking to a Pakistani who left Kuwait early this year, he has lived in Kuwait for seventeen years. He had to pay a Kuwaiti to ‘own’ his van because the engine capacity of the van meant he couldn’t purchase it himself. Don’t try to gloss over reality. I acknowledge there may be exceptions but Saudi society as a whole is evil.

Farouq Taj.

Comment

"MR . " farooq
                          have n't you got any web page on this?
                          did they inject you there?

Comment

Mr. Farooq,
                            you are right but it is their law and you should respect that, right.
                            Not only in Saudia, the green passport is a trade mark of wrong doings internationally.and we deserve it too, so why this complaining.They do not let you own property there because when you apply for visa,you say I want to work there,they let you work as much you want and they pay you good too,so why you want to settled there. May be because you have made you home nasty . May be that is the reason they do not want you there and the result is very obvious,Saudia is nice ,clean,and peaceful the crime rate is very very low as compare to Pakistan it it nominal, because they follow ISLAMIC punishments.
                            They have very strict laws against drug traffiking, but still Pakistanis bring drugs and as a result they get beheaded in public after every Friday prayer.that is why they do not trust you to come and live with them and settltd there.Before you blame somebody think first what made him to do that.Why they don't let us live with them , do we deserve it?Think Think Think and then think again with your intellient mind.
                            more on it's way...
                            YOUR DEAR FRIEND SULTAN.
                            oops one more thing
                            i do not see anything wrong holding hands , if a man holds other man's man hand it is a sign of good friendship and warmness, and when two friends do not hold their hands I think it is because they are pretending to be friends they do not have any good friendship between them and I find it very unhealthy attitude or a hyprocracy.

I think Antidote is talking about THE BEAUTY OF AL MUMLIKAT-E-SAUDIA-UL-ARABIA AND NOT THE KUWAIT. THEY BOTH ARE IN MIDDLE EAST BUT TWO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, HINT-
                            SAUDIA IS THE ONE WHICH HAS MECCA AND MEDINA AND THE KUWAIT IS THE ONE WHO GOT ATTACKED BY IRAQ., hey just trying to set the geographical facts straight no hard feelings

[This message has been edited by Sultan.]

Comment

Homo Sexuality and Lesbianism are unnatural acts. People involved in such activities are pervert and sick. They need a psychologist or surgeon to correct their brain.

This inhuman act is strongly condemned in Quraan. People of Prophet Lot were completely wiped out and cities, Sodom and Gummorah were distroyed by Allah. Aids and related diseases are the present form of punishments from Allah.

People of backward areas are needed to be educated.

My first posting on the subject was just a joke. This sickness is every where in Pakistan. Pathans are notorious in that act because of 'badh achha badnam burra".

Zarif

[This message has been edited by Zarif.]

[This message has been edited by Zarif.]

Comment

Working...
                              X