Anxiety...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety...

Anxiety is a painful or apprehensive uneasiness of mind usually over an impending or anticipated ill...A close word in urdu would be Waham...

I know a lot people who suffer from anxiety and I think it is normal....How do u deal with it...

ciao
    BoSS

I also think that it is a very normal trait. Although some are better in dealing with this than others. I hate it when I get anxious over silly little things. I donít mind getting anxious over big things.

The way I deal with it is to pick up a good book, or listen to music.

Comment

>>I hate it when I get anxious over silly little things. I donít mind getting anxious over big things.<<

NYA, but lot of people get anxious over little things and others get anxious because they think things may not be big. waham ka koi ilaaz hai!

Comment

Ahmadi yar how can you read when anxious? You amaze with your unique traits every single time.

I watch TV or take a stroll or talk to friends. But with my luck, I usually can get hold of only those friends who enhance my anxiety by passing on even more pessimistic comments. But seriously I think talking to people helps a lot.

Comment

Anxiety is "Parashanee" not "waham"

There are time when I want to put myself in state of anxiety. I do that my listening to gazals (especially Ghalibs). But when I want to get out of it, or cheer my self I normally come on gupshup, or irc, listen to English music on FM, or go out with friends. Some time riding cycle very fast for few minutes helps me from getting out of that state of anxiety, atleast it helps me to think better than before, and help in solving my problem, or help to figure out why I was depressed before. Some time you get depressed without any reason, this is state of anxiety. Man are more affected, becuase its in the nature of man, they often goes into bummer mood, and go in their cave (room) and want to be left alone.

So to come out of anxiety, either sleep or put your body in aggressive exercise. And you'll be fine

take care

Comment

I think most of the time i try to ignore it, in other words push it away...but of course *wry smile* it doesn't work...i mean how can u ignore something thats worrying u..its next to impossible....

But seriously I think talking to people helps a lot.
            Roman's right i think just talking about whatever it is helps no matter if there's nothing the other person can really say or do..just having someone listen to u can make so much of a difference.

Music, reading, watching TV, working out help also...they relax u,etc...but..hmmm...how do i say this, its just that they don't really do anything except maybe take your mind off things, but i guess that is good in the way it gives you and opportunity to clear your mind and relax, gives u a chance to think clearly......

Comment

Salam cool Ustad *tehee*

Wow! double cool Roman'z here too.. *double salams*
              Okay, back to ur post ..ahem! Ahem!

Anxiety is a painful or apprehensive uneasiness of mind usually over an impending or anticipated ill...

Yes it can be physically painful in the cases of some people, actually it may causes muscle compulsions.Trust me, the pain one gets may be similar to the one that heart patients get during heart attacks. Sometimes it gets worse, it makes poeple gasp for air, and make the breathing process for them such a hard task. So yeah its purty painful

However, Alhumdulilah, its mind we're talking about here right?!
              When it comes to physical pain, its easeir to cure it, by either taking pain killers, or other drugs. Mind is a complex puzzle to solve. It can be hard to rid it off the uneasy feelings when ur in that state of *fearing the unknown* or either when ur caught in a situation that u've never been thru before.
              Well thats the only time I'd feel anxious. When I'm not sure whats about to happen, or when for eg.. India Pak are having a one day match *screams* I feel so anxious, and sit on the edge thru out the whole match, cuz I don't know the outcome of it, untill its all over...!

Now how to deal with it, is a good qs. But the best answer is the one that a person may hear from his/her own inner self. Listen to that voice deep inside u, what does it say to u? Follow that... our natural inner defence mechanism generates ways out from loop holes that we might get traped in. Just make sure to always give ur self priority, and follow what seems right to you. Cuz thats how I deal with situations which makes me feel anxious, or uneasy. Also talking and airing concerns outloud helps. Go over the facts, and whats there, consider that. Don't worry about the stuff that doesn't exists yet in reality! For thats how I go over my problems which make me stop in my tracks and be weak.

Well I've to run now... if I didn't made sense above..awww..sorry but will get back here if more elaboration is required. Or perhaps my sweet dearest Cousin will explain what I'm trying to say. I know she's so good at analysing and evaluating my words further in detail. Girl, its honestly a sweet blessing to have u as a cousin. I've never taken ur presence for granted, just wanted to tell u that though I may never show it in practical life, but I really cherrish u. *hugs*

Adios!
              DB

[This message has been edited by Daysee Behna (edited September 16, 2000).]

Comment

NYA dude umm how can you manage to read a book when you are anxious?????
                ok so like do you pick up a already read book and just 'read' through like a zombie while your mind is far away
                or you just flip through pages and get more anxious ?
                uff music haan ?

Comment

Originally posted by BoSS:
                  Anxiety is a painful or apprehensive uneasiness of mind usually over an impending or anticipated ill...A close word in urdu would be Waham...

I know a lot people who suffer from anxiety and I think it is normal....How do u deal with it...

ciao
                  BoSS
                  The substitute for "anxiety" is "baichaini" in Urdu and not "Waham". !!

Comment

Anxiety can be related to depression.

Reading Quraan with translation really helps, as does sweating it out by going to the gym. You release these 'happy' hormones called endorphins. Apart from that, having a good laugh really helps. Avoid being around cranky, irritable people.
                    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSS:
                      ciao
                      BoSS
                      hmmm...how to deal with anxiety? First of all, one needs to differentiate whether its normal anxiety or pathological. Anxiety is usually pathological when it becomes difficult to control and interferes with your everyday life to the extent that it becomes unbearable. Also, you may notice physiological symptoms from this. Normal and low-grade pathological anxiety can usually be dealt with behaviour modification. Usually people percieve the environment or situations in more negative way than is necessary. So a little insight and behaviour modification helps. If all else fails, there are always anxiolytic medications available. So, you can always try to relax with various techniques suitable for yourself. If you still suffer from anxiety, try to consult your physician.
                      Life is only a dream.

Comment

cat woman has the right ideas....at least the ideas that work for me.

meditation...in the form of namaz/prayer or quranic recitation.

and physical activity...

both make me feel better.

Comment

Rom and Anchal, I know different things work for different people. My problem is that I am always reading, anxious or not. I agree with Chann that there is no Ilag for Weham, I guess he hasnít tried some of the real good stuff available. Trust me, it makes anxiety run away like a mouse being chased by a cat, and I am not even talking about xtc, but a lot more milder purple color pill. So there are treatments available for ďsocialĒ anxiety.

In terms of music, when I am waiting anxiously for some thing to happen, and when I know that it will happen in about 2 hours, I know that 2 good CDs (accompanied by a good book)will pretty much take care of my anxiety.

Comment

Yea, anxiety is very much normal unless it's too frequent or too strong. and It's awful!!

I get seriously anxious only before exams. You don't wanna be near me. I am a different person. Anxiety also strikes poor ol' me when I am starting something new...or when i am simply worried (yea...happens a lot)

*sigh* what do i do to treat it. Usually nothing I can do helps really. Sleep...lots of sleep..."if i can" more often than not...reciting the Quran/praying or talking to my mom is all that comes close to helping.

I am suffering from a longer than usual mild anxiety attack since last week...damn. and so many factors are playing into it.

anyways...now i need to get back to my calculus.

Comment

I agree totally with cat woman. Reading the Quran really does give you an inner peace which nothing else can give you. A few years ago I used to think about everything and get stressed, now however I just dont think about things anymore, and this seriously has helped me.
                              At the end of the day what ever is gonna happen will happen, you cant change anything so why worry or stress??

Comment

Working...
                              X