PRICELINE GAS=good stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRICELINE GAS=good stuff

Anyone here use priceline to buy gas yet?
    Well if you haven't go for it, its easy as sin and can't ever have too much money...

I got premium gas for $1.55 whereas the average here is $1.80...the only catch is that you have to pick a particular station and amount of gas and can only bid once a day

For me it was a savings of .25*50=$12.50 a month, thats $125.00 a year. Now I can afford that daym speeding ticket!!!

hehehhe.. I know whatcha mean...

I haven't used Priceline for gasoline but have use them for groceries, airline and hotel reservations. They provide a good way of getting a good price but don't be fooled to think that you're getting your price. I read an articel where it said that Priceline already has the minimum pricing for everything that the vendor will accept. If your named price is higher than the requested vendor price, you get the deal, otherwise, you get shot down.

I have also noticed that priceline gets you a good price or your named price if you're a first time user (they remember who's who by your CC info./name/e-mail address). When you go back for seconds, your luck isn;t that great. I say this after observing friends and relatoves who've tried it and were successful at first but doused when they tried for second time. I mean, its a whole pattern! Maybe I am too skeptical but one thing is for sure with priceline, your not fully in charge of the price. Best bet is to know the prevalent prices before bidding your price..

Comment

One of my friends is using priceline for groceries and gas and is quite happy with it.

But I'll definitely mention to him what you said ghalib and see what he says.

Comment

ghalib you are very correct in your assessment. there was a report in the media 3-4 days ago on this issue. Many Internet retailers are giving good deals first and then jacking up the prices. Not only that, if you visit a website lot to buy stuff they save your spending habits etc and charge you more for teh same item. I think they found that Amazon was charging different prices to different customers for the same books.

Comment

array, I was wondering why I couldn't buy gas for the same price again. I just thought it was because prices were going up, now I got it for 5 cents more but its still better than the 1.80 I would normally pay...

Comment

Interesting info.
            Isn't someone legally fighting this? Especially with something as blatantly unethical as what Amazon is accused of doing.......

Comment

huh you all are paying $1.60 to $1.80 for GAS!!!!

whooosh thats too much
              how bout 78cents ?

Comment

Last night, 48 Hhours had a story about Priceline.com and its customer service. It said that Priceline.com custmer service is almost non existent where the representatives aren;t willing to work with the callers and are sometimes even rude with them. One of the states, I think where they are located, has even removed them from BBB.

So its buyer beware. Sure you'll get a good price but be ready for a hassle once you have some issues with your purchase. As one guy on the TV said, you need patience for this type of "service." I will still continue to use them because of potential money savings while sacrificing customer service.

Comes to think of it, isn;t it the trend these days for business? If you're willing to give up service and support, you get good pricing. Usually!

Comment

Working...
                X