Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistani Citizenship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Pakistani Citizenship

    Hello,

    My two children, and myself are Canadian born and raised. My wife, on the other hand was born and raised in Pakistan. In the past five years, she's been here in Canada, and has become a Canadian citizen.

    I wanted to find out if I wish to become a Pakistani citizen, how do I go about this? After visiting the official Pakistani web site at www.pak.org, I did not notice any links on immigration, which was kind of surprising.

    Anyways, if anybody can be of help that would really be cool. Thanks.

    #2
    you can contact Pakistani Hight Comission in Canada. I am sure that they will be able to help. If your wife is a Pakistani Citizen it should be a problem for you.

    (hell if she isnt....even then its no problem ) heh heh

    ------------------
    ME ME ME!!!

    Hey....can anyone tell me what clinton did with the Cigar???

    http://fuee.tripod.com

    Comment


      #3
      Azkar
      Correct me if I am wrong, but your website
      aka www.pak.org is NOT the official website of Pakistan.

      As for the immigration issue, do a search on the web and you should find the Pakistani high commision somewhere, though their website last time I used it was not really detailed but at least i got where and who to call.

      You might want to look into dual citizenship ( I think you can have it with Canada but am not sure) or for now consider a 5 year visiting visa (which can be obtained relativily easly).

      Comment


        #4
        I'm quite sure that www.pak.org is in fact the Official Pakistani web site. I may be wrong, but I've seen this claim that it's the official web site on several different Pakistani web sites. All fingers point to that site.
        http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/bravo.gif

        Originally posted by hmcq:
        Azkar
        Correct me if I am wrong, but your website
        aka www.pak.org is NOT the official website of Pakistan.

        As for the immigration issue, do a search on the web and you should find the Pakistani high commision somewhere, though their website last time I used it was not really detailed but at least i got where and who to call.

        You might want to look into dual citizenship ( I think you can have it with Canada but am not sure) or for now consider a 5 year visiting visa (which can be obtained relativily easly).

        Comment


          #5
          CanadianDude: first of all tell me this my friend? why in you right mind do you want to lose your status as canadion citizen, to become paki citizen? YOu know you can have only citizen status, cannot claim multiple citizenships. Anyway..........if you want to convert status, you should visit the nearest pakistani embassy. That will be more productive than i think then emails/snailmails/phones.

          best of luck http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

          ------------------
          You see things, and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'

          Comment


            #6
            I guess I wish to move to Pakistan and become a citizen simply because I've never known that life.

            I've spent one part of my life, up until now in Canada and now...I'd like to get to know Pakistan. The citizenship inquiry is just for my information, in case I fall in love with the country, and want to stay.

            Right now, my wife and children are in Islamabad visiting family. I've never been to Pakistan at all. I must admit that the concept of being around my own people and being a part of the majority as opposed to being a minority here, is quite appealing.

            I'm quite aware of the big fascination of coming to Canada for many Pakistani people, but the truth is it's a trade off. You would have to give up your home, your culture and your security to have a "better" life here in Canada. I don't know, maybe I'm better off here. I guess I won't be able to make that call until I at least visit Pakistan for maybe a month or two.


            Originally posted by kaka malang:
            CanadianDude: first of all tell me this my friend? why in you right mind do you want to lose your status as canadion citizen, to become paki citizen? YOu know you can have only citizen status, cannot claim multiple citizenships. Anyway..........if you want to convert status, you should visit the nearest pakistani embassy. That will be more productive than i think then emails/snailmails/phones.

            best of luck http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif

            Comment


              #7
              its not a must to have a paki citizenship to enjoy the culture, you can do everything paki citizens can, and sometimes even more. As far as staying in pakistan, you as a canadian citizen will have no problems at all as far as immigration is concerned. I know a canadian family, which moved to pakistan from canada awhile back. They didnt change their citizenship status, and had no problems at all. So my suggestion to you is keep your canadaian nationality, because if you change your status, in the future if you change your mind about going back to canada, you will have to play the waiting game for the visa as all other paki nationals. If you need any more guidance in settling in pakistan let me know, i will give you the contact number of the mentioned canadian family, and you can speak with them with me as your reference.

              ------------------
              You see things, and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'

              Comment


                #8
                Claims are just that claims. Hey Azkar, Fraudia , Muzna where are you guys at? Is it true? Is this really a government operated website? I remember reading somewhere that this website does get funding from several sources including the Pak government but I have never heard it been claimed that this is THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE of PAKISTAN.. perhaps the largest portal dedicated to Pakistani interests but never the official website of the government of Pakistan.


                Originally posted by CanadianDude:
                I'm quite sure that www.pak.org is in fact the Official Pakistani web site. I may be wrong, but I've seen this claim that it's the official web site on several different Pakistani web sites. All fingers point to that site.
                http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/bravo.gif

                Comment


                  #9
                  Kaka,

                  You can have both nationalities. I know because I have both. Canadian laws are different than those of USA.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Canadiandude,

                    what is ur ethnic origin?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'm Canadian/Pakistani. I was born and raised in Canada, however my parents are from Pakistan and yes, we're Muslim.

                      Originally posted by Najim:
                      Canadiandude,

                      what is ur ethnic origin?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X