Well i have taken Pir Sahibs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i have taken Pir Sahibs advice

and decided to stick around on the general forum.
    So here is a topic to discuss, do women have better sense of justice, ethics and morality compared to men.
    I don't care about the religion or anything.
    Just between the two sexes who has the better sense??
    And no the answer is not equal.
    There is a difference.
    Women due to their inexaustable compassion make excellent pre and grammer school teachers.
    As well as volunteers for humanitarian issues.
    There are very few men in these feilds and usually don't have the right temperment for the job.
    Another example is that when i took a Human Resource class we all filled out a evaulation form.
    On the form there was a question:
    If you had to make a tough decision on a case would you:
    A. Do what is right and even though it hurts one of the parties involved really badly.
    B. Do what is fair for both parties.

When discussing this in class.
    Almost every girl choose B as an answer, while the males in class were more towards the A aspect.
    According to our teacher 95% of women answering this question would choose B.

So i personally believe that women when called on to make a judgement are inclined to do what is right but also what is just and fair.
    While men, will do only what they think is right.
    No matter how badly a party is hurt because of the action.

Second issue.
    During war soldiers kill inncent people, and soldiers so should they be treated like murderers by teh other country.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Originally posted by CM:
    Just between the two sexes who has the better sense??
    And no the answer is not equal.
    There is a difference.
    ....i personally believe that women when called on to make a judgement are inclined to do what is right but also what is just and fair.
    While men, will do only what they think is right.
    No matter how badly a party is hurt because of the action.
    Hmmm alright, here goes.... Usually in any situation there is more than one side, right? And so to make a balanced judgement u can't just look at one side and base your decision/sentiment on that side alone. Okay well maybe u can, and if u did it wouldn't be wrong at all, because it would be based on truth, just wouldn';t be the same as if u had looked at more than one side of that issue. I mean its like looking at a vase of flowers, u have 4 artists on each of the four sides...each of them is instructed to paint a picture of the vase of flowers. Now the arrangement of the flowers is not symmetrical and when the artists are finished painting, each painting is different--even though they each painted teh same vase with the same flowers--however, despite the differences, each of the paintings can be said to be 'right'/correct and true. And i guess in this the way, the way a man or woman judges can be said to be similar, i mean hmmm i'm thinking to much*wry smile* okay what i mean is that if a woman bases her judgement on both what is right and what is fair, and a man bases his judgement on more of what is right, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, but maybe one is better than the other because it takes a more rounded approach maybe????

Second issue.
    During war soldiers kill inncent people, and soldiers so should they be treated like murderers by teh other country.
    Yes i think so--btw that was a question right?--no one has the right to kill the innocent, there is no excuse for it, not even war can justify the killing of innocent people, ie.children,women, and the elderly.

[This message has been edited by Girl from Quraysh (edited September 11, 2000).]

Comment

CM

but isnt the purpose of our educational systems to not just teach and test on math etc but also to help build a strong person with combinations of desirable qualities.

Every person will still have their own ratio of this mix and balance but could one not be strong willed and soft hearted at the same time?

(btw shabaash, u took mah advice)
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Good topic, you definitely needed to get out of Politics

Men and women do make different decisions given the similiar situations generally speaking. In one's case it may be the inexaustable compassion as you put it or a stern stance on principles in the other's case but I don't think they both can be decisively classified as better or worse in every situation.

For example, given your two questions, it seems to me that both A & B can be right choices at the same time (specially since it's a very general question and we are not talking about any particular case or situation). This is sort of what GfQ said (with missing a few artists and a vase of flowers, of course).

While answer to your question would have been a simple yes or no few decades ago, it's no more that simple because women have changed a lot in their outlook as counterparts to men in today's society. They have been fulfilling their professional roles in different walks of life in the same manner men do. There is still no balance, true, but the change is quite significant as well.

Comment

CM, good topic.

While your teacher's observations are likely accurate, I'd have to agree with Roman et al and suggest that times are changing. There are more and more women that will choose option A these days.

Comment

I personally believe women have very good instincts, and generally righteous in their decissions and judgement. And beside God has selected women to bring life to Earth, and they are more humane in nature as compared to Man. They have better reasoning power than man, and they are good managers.

write more later.

take care
            bye

Comment

Working...
            X