Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Pakistan

Hey, all of you!
    Nice to meet U. But as a member of a Beauty Pageant or three, I must say that we live in a democratic society, freedom of expression and choice. The only thing that is degrading about Beauty Pageants is the fact that many old fashioned people want to live in the last century. I not only have great self-esteem but confidence that the world is being an educated and nice place to live in. Only ignorance would produce such repression in a human's rights. There is nothing in the Holy books that ban beauty pageants. It's only man that makes the rules to suit himself. I have offended no-one but the ignorant. The Pakistan High Commission did not have a problem with me, nor the House of Commons. If I feel I have done wrong, I would gladly hand back my title. It's up to the people really. Freedom of choice is not necessary evil. Evil is in the minds of men and women who twist a simple event and look deeply for meanings that are not there. Yes I do have brains and am a poet. If we see a pretty flower we do not cloak it. So stop this opression and leave women alone. It is not a crime to be beautiful OK!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andicat:
    There is nothing in the Holy books that ban beauty pageants.

But the books do talk about modesty and these pageants are anything but modest.

Freedom of choice is not necessary evil. Evil is in the minds of men and women who twist a simple event and look deeply for meanings that are not there.

By the freedom of choice deal, miss nude would be okay too?

So stop this opression and leave women alone

Tell this to the women's rights and feminst groups who have been against these pageants so much that the tone has gradually been changed over last decade or two.

It is not a crime to be beautiful OK!

...and even if it was, you would have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Shut that music at your website, it's annoying.. not that I will go back there...

If I want to listen to music.. I got my own music..
      No offence

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/gizzy.gif
      Gizzy

------------------
      ========= GIZZY =========
      ^`~`~*Jaano ki Jaan*~`~`^

[This message has been edited by Gizzy (edited September 08, 2000).]

Comment

X-Factor. Your name suggests you are just that Exaggerated! Hey you were not a Judge at the Beauty Pageants, so you cannot comment. I bet you think Ferraris are not beautiful either. Feminists some are good, others are Lesbians. Too bad. I don't want to judge you, but I think I got a fair trial. No I don't know anything about Nude pageants. I have never been in one. Nor does one need to take her clothes off to reveal her beauty. Nor does one need to cover it either. But then that's their CHOICE.

Comment

HEY LOOK WE DONT NEED ANY PAKISTANI MISS OK
          U NEED TO STOP THIS U Are RUINIGN OUR REPUTATION WE ARE MUSLIM AND ALL THE MUSLIM COUNTRIES DO NOT PARTICIPATE LOOK AND THINK UR SELF THAT IS A DISGRACE WE DONT CARE HOW U LOOK BUT WE DONT DO THIS JACKK **** AIGHT NOW U KNOW U ARE NOT MUSLIM U ARE SOME ANGLO INDIAN SO GO TO INDIA AND COMPEETI FOR THEM IT MATTERS ON UR RACE NOT WHERE U WEERRE BORN U ARE INDIAN OK PAKISTANI DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!!!!! U R NOT PAKISTANI IF U ARE PAKISTANI U WOULD NOT DO THAT GET IT
          AND GET SOME COMMON SENSE ,
          U ARE DEGRADING YOURSELF PEOPLE GONNA DISS U

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andicat:
            X-Factor. Your name suggests you are just that Exaggerated!

*yawn* okay

Hey you were not a Judge at the Beauty Pageants, so you cannot comment.

#1 no interest in being a judge
            #2 you would not have won

I bet you think Ferraris are not beautiful either.

No but cycle rickshaws are rather ugly, if there are no ferraris present and a cycle rickshaw wins a race...does it become a sports car....?

Feminists some are good, others are Lesbians.

Here we go, you dont want people to judge you because you take part in beauty pageants but you can judge feminists and women's groups activists..

btw...logic would suggest that a lesbian would actually like a female beauty pageant...

Too bad. I don't want to judge you, but I think I got a fair trial.

You judged me in your first sentence. Listen congrats, you won. You have a right to take part in a pageant and I have a right to say that I wonder why you won..

No I don't know anything about Nude pageants. I have never been in one. Nor does one need to take her clothes off to reveal her beauty.

And by that same token one does not need to be in revealing bathing suits to rshow her beauty, you just killed your own point

Nor does one need to cover it either. But then that's their CHOICE.

Right, so dont put down their choice either.

Comment

Oh...and I forgot.

Until there is a Miss Pakistan pageant in Pakistan. There is no Miss Pakistan

Maybe they should hold a Miss Pakistan Pageant in Mongolia as well and the winner there will also be the "official Miss Pakistan"

Comment

This Waverider guy is getting annoying more than Andycat.

------------------
                Thank you, come again

Comment

Umair, who is waverider?

Comment

YEAH i am waverider why man i got mad so i wrote it , i think u have a problem if u think i am annoying aight peace out

Comment

Posted by Andicat:
                      Rare diamonds are just that. Unpolished. Tara toodle do and Oh boy! Curiousity must not get to this Cat! Ciao Miaow. PS Id rather have beauty than brains.

--------------------------------------------

You have a right to your opinions. And very few folks have views and opinions which would be accepted as right...were they to be weighed on a scale against the global moral values. Therefore, since you are merely just another of the commoners, you are excused.

Dear, Rarediamonds or any other natural gems don't need to be polished, cuz they are precious and rare naturally. That's why they are kept high up there within the crown, cuz that's exactly where they belong sweetie. Things which are fake, and people who are fake need to be polished. Naturals don't need any sort of shining up.

Posted by Andicat:
                      PS Id rather have beauty than brains. Just as well

And u did say that you would rather have beauty then brains, that goes on to answer why you entered the pageant. I think that sums up the whole "you" in that one sentence.
                      Nothing more needs to be said.

Comment

Rare Diamonds or whatever. There is nothing fake about me. I am a Shining personality and A Queen and you can not take that away from me. Unless you enter the show. Now if you have to have the last word, you may be excused.

Comment

The only thing i have to say is ...

There is no way that this supposed miss expat pakistan will get anywhere in the UK's beauty pageant..

maybe the confusion is regarding booty pageant

Comment

Well,

All this proves is that the old 'forbidden fruit' line holds some water. I guess a Miss Taliban, or Miss Ayatollah would also generate a fair amount of interest.

Andicat,

Hi. Haven't seen you on Gupshup before your promotional campaign. How did you find out about this place? And do you plan to hang around?

Comment

Hi X-treme. Nothing is forbidden in London UK where I live. I was born in Lahore of Anglo Indian Descent. If there was an AI island no doubt I would have competed in that preferably, due to the unreasonable response I have had. I have taken time to answer some intelligent questions. But Im a winner and those who make snide remarks are the losers. Poor mixed up confused repressed kids. Talking USA slang and Asian dialect behind my back. I don't understand it nor do I respond to a translator. One thing I do understand though, there's a lot of ignorance out there and confusion. My colour is constantly referred to. I have English and Indian blood in me and obviously the blood of Pakistanis on my hands. I am shocked at the racial prejudice I have encountered on this Bulletin Board. I am not seeking publicity about my looks, been there done that. I was hoping to achieve greater status by putting those looks to good use, generate income for those who need same. I am sure they would not care whether their sponsors where black white or khaki. As for your question as to whether I plan to hang around. Maybe occasionally. Some have welcomed me here. If I am to produce this much controversy, and I said anything bad, I would be deleted. I am not. I just can't get through to some decency here. There is moral decency. I don't hide under Hijab, so if the earlier comments from people say there are bettter looking women under same, well good on them. I don't throw insults at things I don't know or see or even that I do. My beauty is not in question here but the integrity of the vicious response by a minority. The rest of the World is more than happy for my title and I have enough publicity thanx in the media both USA and UK. Maybe Pakistan is just a childhood memory I should forget. Never have I been more unwelcome than by your people on this board. A ray of hope. True Pakistanis that follow their religion, live and let live. They do not try to fit a Christian into a muslim category. Now for the last time I won the title because out of the girls that competed in London at the time I was the best in the eyes of the Judges. In the mud-stuck eyes of some of those on this site all I can say is, your opinion is your own. But to call a beauty Queen ugly is sheer ignorance!

Comment

Working...
                              X