A nice cup of tea !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice cup of tea !

Tea is the UK's favourite beverage drink. I always have a cup of PG tips (white no sugar) before setting off to work and another cup when I get back from work.

I don't like the tea often known as 'pakistani tea' which is very thick and milky. Made by mixing the milk with the water in a saucepan. I prefer hot water straight out of the kettle into a mug with a PG bag. Give it a quick stir and pour in the semi-skimmed milk. A couple of rich tea biscuits and you've got a perfect 'pick me up'.

Do Pakistanis in North America drink tea ?

The worst tea in the world can be bought from Mcdonalds or Burger King why do they even bother ?

Farouq Taj.

Yes Sir, Pakistanis in North America do drink tea. However, coffee often takes over tea as in most of the offices in N.A., coffee is "the hot beverage".

I think that the most disgusting form of "desi tea" is the one which comes with elaa'echee or cloves or ginger brewed in it.

Rgarding, why Mcdonalds or Burger King serve tea, as it is the worst. Thier burgers are also the worst in the world. They should stop serving that too.
    The prince who is otherwise known as TLK

Comment

baee assee hoaay .. ganwar ... dangar .. sano tay dhoodh pattee changee lag-dee ay O wee tin chaar chamchay cheenee day naal ... haan jadoo(n) main bertania (UK) jaana waan tay uthay meriaa(n) bewaqoof counsins meray laee English Tea (as described by Mr Taj) banandeeaa(n) nay jaida mera dil karda ay keh ona day sir tay hee dole dawaa(n) ... majboree ay dole naee sakda warna o sard jaan gaee tay fair ona day maa peeo minu bad-duawaa(n) dain gay.

Yaar tussi kadi meray pind challo main Allah dee qasmay tuhanu aho jaee mazaydaar chaa payyawaa(n) gay dil bagh bagh ho jaway ga tuhada.

Comment

Being a British Born pakistani I have tasted the tea from both countries and consequently must say that i prefer the arabic tea over both.
        On aside note, tea is gaining immense popularity in US these days. the preppie pick me up of choice..of sorts.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

o! MUKHTAR SIR kiya baat hay aap ki
          great g great!
          of course our tea is the best . the one with milk especially with milk i mean doodh paati and i also suggest to try chinese tea .

Comment

hmm well I prefer gourmet Coffee's over tea's!!!
            be it cappuccino or flavoured coffee's like french vanilla, hazelnut or amaretto!!!
            besides coffee shops are a great place to hang out with friends and just gab over a nice hot cup O'coffee

Comment

Although no self respecting Italian would drink cappuccino after 11 am
              espresso rocks and in summer months Cafe Fredddo is the thang.
              Waisay I prefer Bhang in general
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

HAIN
                what a topic! i never thought i would be discussing tea here! khair my fav is the one and only DHOOD PATTI! hehe whaaaat? it tastes good! well atleast i think it does! and also arabic tea is great too.
                hey wana know a fast way of making dhood patti! u take half a cup of water and half milk, toss in a tea bag! (always go with Tetley!) and fling it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes! take it out and put it in another cup cuz u don't wana burn ur mouth now do u? or haan don't forget to add in 4 big chumach of sugar in it!!! voila!
                enjoy! sorry if i grossed out the dhood patti haters!
                khuda hafiz

Comment

Hayaa,

Dil khush kar ditta hee ... hun ek cup chaa da bana kay payya ... chaa peen tay dil kar rayya ay.

Comment

I had an Arab roommate once. He would make tea with zafran, no cream just sugar. He called it "Qahwah". There was an element of divinity about that tea. It was tailored to suit every individual's tastebuds. It would enter your system and give you inner peace. I remember his words when he served it to us the first time, he said and i quote "If you ever get hooked on to it you will become its slave for life" boy was he ever right? (and yes, we are still talking about tea).

[This message has been edited by enigma.]

Comment

Salams

Bhi hum ko to Driver hotel ki teen so duss (310) chae achi lagti hai
                      Chae ho to Driver hotel ki 310 jaisi
                      warna na ho

(Majboori hai phir coffee se kam chalana parta hai)
                      Meray Roz O Shab k Nisaab Main Meray Paas Apna To Kuch Nahi

Comment

Farooq, just digressing a bit i read your posting on Bangladest on the chowk and i could not agree with you more. My parents were in Bangladesh at the time of their independence or as we refer to it "the Dhaka fall" and they have some really horrifying stories to tell.

Comment

Enigma
                          ur absolutelly rite about the arab tea!!! if ur ever in Makkah or Madina during Ramadan, u see everybody drinking it in the mosques and offering it to everyone else (at the time of Aftar ofcourse)!!! it does taste awesome!
                          khuda hafiz

Comment

Nothing compared to English tea time, earl grey, orange peko,and Irish break fast teas and made like the way Farouq suggested.
                            Its interseting that Americans want to be different so they invented iced tea and instead of biscuits they have cookies. Even here i mostly buy biscuits by peak freans (uk). they are the best.The only American cookie i like is chocolate chip cookie.

Cheers

Comment

Mukhtaar ji
                              tussee her waillay tay sehat sehat di rut laae hondee aa tey tuannon ainna naae patta keh chaa wi sehat laee chungee naee ay! tussee aidda(n) karo chaa daa khairrha chuddo tey teenday ubaal ubaal key piya karo!
                              Khudafiz

Comment

Working...
                              X