Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx

Hi Amber,
    Thanx for your support. Yes I am the longest reigning UK Miss Pakistan Title holder. I am going to be featured on BBC Network East shortly to explain why Pakistani girls are reluctant to come forward. Probably due to the fact that Beauty Contests are regarded as some kind of Bimbo show. Not!!! I would love to do some more charity work for Pakistan's hospitals etc. but I need support of the people. Perhaps Imran Khan or other great people can consider my help in this way. The other contestants have the full support of their nations. I was born in Lahore and it was my rights to be in the show. I hurt no-one. That is not my intention but to promote world peace. Take care.

Originally posted by Andicat:
    Hi Amber,
    Thanx for your support. Yes I am the longest reigning UK Miss Pakistan Title holder. I am going to be featured on BBC Network East shortly to explain why Pakistani girls are reluctant to come forward. Probably due to the fact that Beauty Contests are regarded as some kind of Bimbo show. Not!!! I would love to do some more charity work for Pakistan's hospitals etc. but I need support of the people. Perhaps Imran Khan or other great people can consider my help in this way. The other contestants have the full support of their nations. I was born in Lahore and it was my rights to be in the show. I hurt no-one. That is not my intention but to promote world peace. Take care.
    andicat..

I would love to do some more charity work for Pakistan's hospitals etc. but I need support of the people.
    -----------
    don't u think/feel that u can achieve this without being in pagents? and how would imran khan help u in being able to charity work? i don't understand.

i mean volunteering is a great service anywhere u are able to do that.. i just don't see the corelation between wanting to work in a hospital with wanting to be in pagents..

but anyhow good luck in your career pagent or otherwise.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andicat:
      I am going to be featured on BBC Network East shortly to explain why Pakistani girls are reluctant to come forward.

If they did, you would not have won
      also dont they require in regular beauty pageants for the winner to not participate in the competition again?

I would love to do some more charity work for Pakistan's hospitals etc. but I need support of the people.

One does not need to be a pageant winner to do charity work, otherwise we would have needed abdul sattar edhi to be some bombshell

Perhaps Imran Khan or other great people can consider my help in this way.

So basically you are not doing anything substantial because you dont have people's support i.e. the people have rejected you.

What can you do to help Imran Khan that someone else can not do? If you had a flood of popular support it would be something different but you dont, and thus you can not help Imran Khan, rather it seems like you want to ride this "Miss Pakistan" ticket to fame..

I was born in Lahore and it was my rights to be in the show.

Not just "right" but "rights" ....

I hurt no-one. That is not my intention but to promote world peace. Take care.[/B]

Okay, so what is stopping you? wha have you done towards this "goal" or is it just lip service...what id you do before you became this "Miss Pakistan" and what have you done since then...I would like to see some stats and concrete results.

After all you are the longest reigning "Miss Pakistan" with such lofty ambitions and noble goals...surely you have something to show for that...some accomplishments during this period.

Comment

Hi Amber,
        To answer your question. Being in a pageant makes you an ambassador for the Country and puts you in the public eye so that you can do television and media appeals for charity and reach a wider audience with the publicity. Many people do good work, but the main purpose is to use your beauty to attract attention and then put it to good use. When my dance CD goes out, a large proportion will be dedicated to Water aid in particular. They call it the Third world. its a shame its all one world. nasty comments about my looks dont mean anything because it is important to get my message of love, peace across the world. If beauty if the vehicle, be it a Ferrari or a rickshaw it really dont matter. Concorde is faster. The media even faster.

Comment

Oh yes, Imran Khan pioneered the Cancer hospital. A cause close to my heart as I lost my dear parents to same. And please no abuse about the dead. I am trying to do the best I can in this world and it is dignified to be who I am. I feel sorry there is a lot of ignorance about how people should act. *

Comment

Listen andicat

I am sorry that people's objective statements about your looks have been negative. Unfortunately I too dont find you attractive at all, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Knowing Pakistani beauty standards I sincerely doubt that most will consider you attractive..and thus the question about the pageant itself.

This is not to say that you are not a nice person etc etc. I have no way to know that, so I have not commented on it.

Additionally, I have issue with the pageant because it seems a bit shady to me. as far as who sponsors it, how can one person be a winner multiple times as opposed to most pageants where a winner can not compete again..and how can a person who obviously does not display the idea of beauty of Pakistanis..can win.

And heck your intentions may be good and you may want to use your fame (or notoriety) to good use. But you say you love Pakistan..and I am not in a position to doubt that. But everyone...really, every single pageant contestant says the same lines. But for people who have such causes close to their heart, there is a pattern, a history of activism and charity before they became a winner

As for your parents, I dont think anyone will stoop so low to disrespect them. May they have a good afterlife.

Comment

Thank you X factor. Yes life is too short to be cruel. The Guinness Book of Records considered me as the Longest title holder. Simply because until someone knocks your crown you are the owner of it and the title. I have been featured on BBC John Stapleton show about this with other queens. I made an Eastern Eye newspaper appeal for girls to take my title by being in the show. Did you know many competed but dropped out last minute, scared of the abuse it might attract like the sort Im getting? Course Im human and it hurts to hear insults. But it they are untruths then I havent to worry. No I am not muslim, nor a convert. The anglo part of me decided the religion. But if Pakistanis in Pakistan dont want me there then I will not return. Simple but you do not speak for the nation, and unless the Prime Minister objects, then I feel sad a few people feel this way. I need prove nothing anymore. Just read the media or in fact ignore it. I don't need this. As for comments about African or English colour? What is this racism some people put. Mirror on the wall, whos the fairest of them all? Really I am a nice shade of caramel and I could not care less if I was pink blue or green. Shame on those women who think a colour or lack of it is beautiful! And if you disagree with Beauty judges criteria. I dont care. But dont tell me I am not a Pakistani. God gave me the birthright. Now please,,,,continue your insults. I have volumes of compliments from all nations. Ask the newspapers about the fan letters. I dont need those either. Please understand I live in a free society. I have freedom of speech. I do not insult anyone intentionally, least of all myself. Respect that. And dont be so old fashioned about my dress. We would all be cavemen and women if it had not been for progress.

Comment

Working...
              X