The WILL (Puzzle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WILL (Puzzle)

A rich old Arab has three sons. When he died, he willed his 17 camels to the sons, to be divided as follows: First Son to get 1/2 of the camels, Second Son to get 1/3rd of the camels, Third Son to get 1/9th of the camels. The sons are sitting there trying to figure out how this can possibly be done, when a very old wise man goes riding by. They stop him and ask him to help them solve their problem. Without hesitation he divides the camels properly and continues riding on his way. How did he do it?

------------------
    Arif Nawaz
    Living here far away I am yours...Living there far away you are mine...Love is not made of bodies only...Deep in our hearts is where we are one...!

ok here goes
    the wise man adds his camel to make it 18 camels
    now 18/2 is 9
    ist son gets 9
    18/3 is 6
    2nd son gets 6
    18/9 is 3
    3rd son gets 2

9+6+2=17
    wise man rides away on his camel and evry1 is happy

that was easy

------------------
    Till next time,
    Allah Hafiz

Comment

Here is the answer... no C and match with yours... !

The old man temporarily added his camel to the 17, making a total of 18 camels.

1/2 = 9

1/3 = 6

1/9 = 2

for a total of 17. He then takes his camel back and rides away......

------------------
      Arif Nawaz
      Living here far away I am yours...Living there far away you are mine...Love is not made of bodies only...Deep in our hearts is where we are one...!

Comment

Here is the solution !

The old man temporarily added his camel to the 17, making a total of 18 camels.

1/2 = 9

1/3 = 6

1/9 = 2

for a total of 17. He then takes his camel back and rides away......

------------------
        Arif Nawaz

Comment

Arif.....ur response is the same as munda Pak gave.
          And in the future, kindly post in the appropriate section. This gallery section is meant for images only. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X