Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urdu Writers

AOA, All.
    I was wondering if there are any urdu novel fans amongst us.
    I am personally a big fan of the following Urdu writers:
    Naseem Hijazi
    Shafiq-ur-Rehman
    Ibn-e-Safi

I welcome any discussions
    Later

Ishtiaq Ahmed
    Read his suspensful novels when I was young.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

How can I forget. I even wrote to him many times as a kid. Now that I recall he wrote back a few times. I was interested in winning the best letter competition that ensured four free novels
      Those were the days. I would wait for months for that KHAAS NUMBER

Comment

Unfortunately when I moved to US from Pakistan I was very very young. And having been raised in US I did have access to Urdu poetry. But I didn't have the opportunity to benefit from Urdu literature, the way I would have, had I been raised in Pakland. Perhaps you all can suggest some decent writers with a distinctive style and mature approach. Would really like to study urdu lit in detail sometime.

Comment

Depends on what you enjoy most. For historic reading I would recommend Naseem Hijazi highly. His books transform you to an entirely different time and space. Although his historic accounts might be biased at times, his way of writing is smooth and absorbing.
          If you are into humor then Shafiq-ur-Rehman is a great author to read. For humorous poetry Zameer Jafri is a "must read".

Comment

and ibn-e-safi for pop literature. dont forget him.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Mazhar kaleem M.A. was a great urdu writer....uski likhi hoi imran series ke aagay ibn-e-safi bi pani bharta tha...

and there was another guy who used to write in mystry magazine......aw i forgot the name

Comment

If Mazhar Kaleem was such a good writer how come he was unable to create his own characters?

Mazhar Kaleem was all action oriented and did not even come close to Ibn e Safi in terms of humour, mystery, strength of plot, development of characters etc.

Next you will say Naghma Safi was even better?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by NaikLarki:
                  Mazhar kaleem M.A. was a great urdu writer....

>I think need correction was---->is
                  >he is

uski likhi hoi imran series ke aagay ibn-e-safi bi pani bharta tha...

>ibne safe kay paas well(((kunwaaN))) nahee tha, well Mazhar kaleem kay ghar kay saamnay tha iss liyay

and there was another guy who used to write in mystry magazine......aw i forgot the name:
                  >http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/blush.gif I can't tell my....http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/blush.gif

(

Comment

Ibn-e-Safi was a great author and revolutionized the suspence novels in Urdu. Poor guy was never given his due share of respect.
                    Mazhar Kaleem writing is good for 8-10th graders as it has a lot of pinnache and a bit too many scientific innovations.
                    Imran looks more like superman than a human being in Mazhar Kaleem's books. I saw Mazhar Kaleem in Multan. He usually goes to a tea shop and writes his novels there. The guy is very down to earth though.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rational:
                      Mazhar Kaleem writing is good for 8-10th graders as it has a lot of pinnache and a bit too many scientific innovations.

hehe thats why naikoo prefers his work over Ibn e safi's

The guy is very down to earth though.

With his writing ability, I would be humble too. He is just slightly better than Ishtiaq Ahmed.

My fav of all times are shafiq Ur Rehman, Pitris Bokhari and ibne insha.

Comment

Working...
                      X