Gay or Straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gay or Straight?

Gay pride parades are pretty common in the west, and gays have asked for, and gotten the right to march in different parades, from which they were normally excluded previously....like the Saint Patricks day parade. And yesterday I came to learn of some group called Indian Gay Pride, and that this group has existed for a long time.

This group has basically been striving to be a part of the Indian Independence Day parade in NYC for the past 10 yrs, since its inception, and finally this year they were granted permission thru the courts.

My question is, would Pakistanis be willing to let such a group march in their parade? If such a group was allowed, how many people would still go to this parade, keeping in mind the fact that our parades are more family oriented?

Pakistanis are one of the most overall closed-minded folks ever. & i don't think i'm saying that cuz i happen to be really familiar with its culture from being there & all. A lot of us are just ignorant at times.
    Anyways, Pakistanis & Pakistan itself is closed-minded enough to even ignore & rub out the fact that the Qaid-e-Azam's wife was Parsi (even though she did become a Muslim after marriage) & his daughter marrying a Christian man; it's unfortunately a taboo that the father of our nation had such relations. Such a sad way of thinking to like rub them off from Pakistna's History.
    If a lot of Pakistanis & Pakistan itself can't even tolerate & respect the different of ethics, sects, or creeds, there's no way in the world they will ever tolerate the 'weird' sexual orientations.
    Ppl are just too uptight about who thinks who has right way of living, & what is the right way of living.

[This message has been edited by kohal (edited August 21, 2000).]

Comment

I don't think gays should be allowed to march in parades where their fundamental lifestyle contradict the believes and practices of the organizers and participants.

It sorta like "hey, its my party and you're not invited!" If they feel they need to march through the street to represent the Pakistani or Indian Gay community, no one's stopping them from organizing their parades.

Just a while ago, Supreme Court agreed with the Boys' Scout that Gay troop leaders violate the very ethics code that boy scouts live by and therefore can be relieved of their position. I thought over it and agreed with the decision also. If there are set criterias and rules which must be followed to stay in a fraternity, then deviation from them should hold grounds for removal.

Pakistan was found on the basis of Islam and Islam rules against Homosexuality. Hence, gay lifestyle goes against the believes of Pakistan. Hence they shouldn't be allowed to march!

Comment

Oye Kohal,

I'm not closed minded. My only objection to gays marching in Pakistani parades, is that it shouldn't be restricted to gays.

Transvestites should also be allowed to march alongside little Ahmed and Guriya. Why shouldn't a 6ft truck driver be allowed to march wearing a suspender belt, fish-net stockings and high heels just cuz he has a moustache?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xtreme:
          Why shouldn't a 6ft truck driver be allowed to march wearing a suspender belt, fish-net stockings and high heels just cuz he has a moustache?
          Extreme, accha yaaar, we will let you march. khush? btw when did you grow a moustache? j/k

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

wow Xtreme tum to chupay rustam niklay
            btw are the heels pencil kay platform ?

Comment

may be an irrelevant question but do gay ppl go back to being straight ??? cause i think turning gay is just another way of telling ppl that u couldnt find someone to have a relationship with when u were straight.. i am not making fun of anyone or anything but thats what i really think.. and i agree too that being a gay is not allowed in islam and pakistan was created on the basis of islam so no gays allowed in parades either..

------------------
              Don't love everybody--specialize.. ;-)

Comment

Hey fraudiya, I object very strongly to your innuendo. I am not, I repeat, NOT a truck driver!!

Mr 'Clean shaven' Xtreme

Comment

Wow ... Good Reply Xtreme .... That was really sumthin ....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xtreme:
                    Hey fraudiya, I object very strongly to your innuendo. I am not, I repeat, NOT a truck driver!!

Mr 'Clean shaven' Xtreme
                    damn..and Roman was hoping that you were.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee:
                      may be an irrelevant question but do gay ppl go back to being straight ??? cause i think turning gay is just another way of telling ppl that u couldnt find someone to have a relationship with when u were straight..
                      The condition of being "Gay" is more than simply having sex with men. It is a complete attraction towards men, with a completely different orientation. To return to "straightness" would require a major shift in psychology, which is not impossible, but generally does not happen.

To say that gay people "turn" gay because they don't find heterosexual partners does a disservice to many married individuals who realize they were "gay", and only found a partner of the opposite sex due to societal pressure.

Comment

>>>damn..and Roman was hoping that you were...

yup!! he's been kinda down since things didn;t workout between him and fraudiya in Chicago....

Comment

hahahaahha nice one ghalib

Comment

Rom and Fraud? Rom is one polygamous flirter, unless it was just a one-niter. I hope it was only physical and no brains were involved.

Comment

NY brain masala was involved

Comment

Working...
                              X